Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop... 13:42 - Jan 2 with 3132 viewsbluewein

How did he look yesterday?

Just seen the highlights and I was surprised when I saw him absolutely bombing back in the first half trying to keep up with the lad who had their only chance (1:47 onwards)

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bishop... on 13:56 - Jan 2 with 3077 viewsartsbossbeard

I suspect this was after his rather woeful corner that didn't clear the first man and this was his attempt to resolve the damage caused.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bishop... on 14:01 - Jan 2 with 3008 viewsBrixtonBlue

Some nice touches, hard work and was indeed throwing himself into stuff - more so than I'd expect of someone following such a long lay off. Very encouraging.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bishop... on 17:10 - Jan 2 with 2795 viewsWestcountryblue

Bishop... on 14:01 - Jan 2 by BrixtonBlue

Some nice touches, hard work and was indeed throwing himself into stuff - more so than I'd expect of someone following such a long lay off. Very encouraging.

We need to get his contract sorted for next season. If we are in League One, he'd be a real weapon. Teddy himself would probably benefit from a full season at a slightly lower level. It was only a few years ago that Sky were talking up a midfield battle between him and Will Hughes when we were playing Derby. Very worried that we may lose players like this given our situation.

Bishop... on 17:11 - Jan 2 with 2792 viewsBasuco

The midfield was significantly weaker after he went off, he did a lot of work box to box, showed what type of midfielder we have missed and hopefully he will kick on in the next few games.
Bishop... on 17:16 - Jan 2 with 2760 viewsjersey_blue

Bishop... on 17:10 - Jan 2 by Westcountryblue

We need to get his contract sorted for next season. If we are in League One, he'd be a real weapon. Teddy himself would probably benefit from a full season at a slightly lower level. It was only a few years ago that Sky were talking up a midfield battle between him and Will Hughes when we were playing Derby. Very worried that we may lose players like this given our situation.

FAO Phil is there any news on this? Surely its in the interest of both parties to get this done now.
Bishop... on 17:18 - Jan 2 with 2745 viewsagentp

Bishop... on 17:10 - Jan 2 by Westcountryblue

You can't tie players down very easily when we face relegation. His agent will already be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a signing on fee.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 17:23]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bishop... on 17:20 - Jan 2 with 2738 viewsPhilTWTD

Bishop... on 17:16 - Jan 2 by jersey_blue

FAO Phil is there any news on this? Surely its in the interest of both parties to get this done now.

I think the thinking has been that he needs to prove his fitness over a reasonable length of time before a new contract can be discussed.
Bishop... on 17:27 - Jan 2 with 2683 viewsSomethingBlue

Bishop... on 17:20 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

I think the thinking has been that he needs to prove his fitness over a reasonable length of time before a new contract can be discussed.

The danger of course is that, assuming he does that, the chances are his performance levels will be enough to attract decent clubs in this division. He'd be a great freebie for someone and there's no reason he should relish a year in L1 if fit. Think he may end up being yet another issue we kick ourselves about

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop... on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 2617 viewsPhilTWTD

Bishop... on 17:27 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

The danger of course is that, assuming he does that, the chances are his performance levels will be enough to attract decent clubs in this division. He'd be a great freebie for someone and there's no reason he should relish a year in L1 if fit. Think he may end up being yet another issue we kick ourselves about

Or alternatively could prove to be someone sat on the sidelines receiving a big wage, of course, although I very much hope this is an end to his injury problems. Big decision for someone to make in the next few weeks.

Bishop... on 18:27 - Jan 2 with 2465 viewsWickets

To be honest i thought the whole of our midfield was great for about 30 minutes or so then Millwall seemed to take over .We also started pretty well second half but soon got a bit overran , for me that's how we lost the game ,well that and missing a couple of good first half chances . Sorry Freddie!
Bishop... on 18:33 - Jan 2 with 2434 viewsRadlett_blue

Bishop... on 17:40 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

Or alternatively could prove to be someone sat on the sidelines receiving a big wage, of course, although I very much hope this is an end to his injury problems. Big decision for someone to make in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately, that someone is called Marcus Evans.
Bishop... on 19:11 - Jan 2 with 2334 viewsPhilTWTD

Bishop... on 18:33 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

Unfortunately, that someone is called Marcus Evans.

Ultimately, although Paul L's opinion will come into it. If we go down we're limited to a player wage bill of 60 per cent of turnover so they will have to carefully weigh up what to offer people in the months to come.
Bishop... on 19:16 - Jan 2 with 2308 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bishop... on 17:20 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

Has been discussed already.

I would be very surprised indeed if we see Ted next year.
Bishop... on 22:34 - Jan 2 with 2067 viewsCoco

Bishop... on 19:11 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

Ultimately, although Paul L's opinion will come into it. If we go down we're limited to a player wage bill of 60 per cent of turnover so they will have to carefully weigh up what to offer people in the months to come.

Gawd that Bart contract is starting to look dangerous.

Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups.
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Bishop... on 23:11 - Jan 2 with 1984 viewsHARRY10

There is a one year transition period of 75%.

But that is still only a 25% increase, on a budget that will be heavily reduced by the loss of around £7m TV money.

Which suggests a wage bill of around £7m, as opposed to £17m in 2017/18.

Massive cuts will be needed as well as most likely player sales.
Bishop... on 00:00 - Jan 3 with 1914 viewsbournemouthblue

Bishop... on 23:11 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

There is a one year transition period of 75%.

But that is still only a 25% increase, on a budget that will be heavily reduced by the loss of around £7m TV money.

Which suggests a wage bill of around £7m, as opposed to £17m in 2017/18.

Massive cuts will be needed as well as most likely player sales.

This system has worked well for Sheffield United helping to get their house in order

However it is less good for teams planning an immediate bounce back

I'd imagine Hurst has cut our wage bill a fair bit, provided he hasn't overpaid some of his new signings?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: So how likely is it Taylor will need surgery?

Bishop... on 08:45 - Jan 3 with 1709 viewsSuperfrans

First half particularly, he looked great. Chalobah, Downes, Bish, Lankester and Kenlock all looked excellent, there seemed to be some real understanding between them. Really encouraging to see.

Can’t help feeling this is just a season too early for them. If we do go down, I do hope we can keep all of our four together and help them knit together even more. They need some help but there is so much to be optimistic about in this team.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bishop... on 10:13 - Jan 3 with 1618 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, agreed, so it will be loans and/or out of contract players or short term signings like Gleeson (shudders).

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020