Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n/t) 19:08 - Nov 27 with 4668 viewsBluedandy

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:10 - Nov 28 with 807 viewstractorboy1978

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:06 - Nov 28 by FrimleyBlue

He injured it before get was able to train with the first team. You can't bemoan a club not offering silly money based on half a season in league 2. Let's not forget he was playing rugby only a couple seasons ago.

Good luck to him. But town didn't do anything wrong imo.

Did anyone apportion blame? The original point made was that Simpson was a case in point for the grass not always being greener - which is not correct. He's got a 4 year deal on a lot more money a division higher than we are playing.
Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:14 - Nov 28 with 770 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:10 - Nov 28 by tractorboy1978

Did anyone apportion blame? The original point made was that Simpson was a case in point for the grass not always being greener - which is not correct. He's got a 4 year deal on a lot more money a division higher than we are playing.

Yes. Many posters have shared their annoyance that we didn't offer him more money. ( prime example was the first reply to my post. " crap offer" etc.

I wouldn't personally see a relegation fight being better than a promotion battle tbh. Regardless if its a league higher.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 16:15]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:22 - Nov 28 with 763 viewsLeoMuff

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:02 - Nov 28 by Dubtractor

Because he didn't have the knee injury when we made him a crap offer?

Whatever way you look at it, Huddersfield have shown a real intent to develop him, and he's basically got 4 years to do so, either there or on loan elsewhere. That's a huge win for him, no other way to read it.

I’m not totally convinced, yes financially it’s a win, but a lot of development takes place in the first team somewhere, he could well of forced himself in here if he kept it up at Swindon.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:24 - Nov 28 with 760 viewsPhilTWTD

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:00 - Nov 28 by FrimleyBlue

Simpson injured his knee and town rightfully didn't feel it was appropriate to offer a bigger deal for someone who was going to be out of action for 12 months.

Why is his injury ignored when ever he's discussed.

His injury had nothing to do with the contract offer here. Indeed, it emerged after he had turned it down.
Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:24 - Nov 28 with 761 viewsitfcjoe

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:22 - Nov 28 by LeoMuff

I’m not totally convinced, yes financially it’s a win, but a lot of development takes place in the first team somewhere, he could well of forced himself in here if he kept it up at Swindon.

We recalled him from Swindon, offered him a deal that wasn't commensurate to his value and then didn't let him go back to Swindon and carry on playing to keep up that form and force his way in here.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:29 - Nov 28 with 728 viewsLeoMuff

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:24 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

We recalled him from Swindon, offered him a deal that wasn't commensurate to his value and then didn't let him go back to Swindon and carry on playing to keep up that form and force his way in here.

Only time will tell what his value was, so far we are being proved right. He also could have forced his way back via u21s but from memory he didn’t shine.

The only Muff in Town.

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:30 - Nov 28 with 711 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:24 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

His injury had nothing to do with the contract offer here. Indeed, it emerged after he had turned it down.

Of course. What I'm saying is he hadn't played for KM or even been in around KMs squad for KM to put a case forward for a higher offer. The one offered was based on a young lad who'd had half a season at league 2.

It's a shame he got injured when he did as he may well have been in and around the team for that final run in which could have changed our offer to him.

Waka waka eh eh

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:39 - Nov 28 with 694 viewsSamWhiteUK

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:29 - Nov 28 by LeoMuff

Only time will tell what his value was, so far we are being proved right. He also could have forced his way back via u21s but from memory he didn’t shine.

How can you say we're being proved right when he's injured?!
Login to get fewer ads

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 18:07 - Nov 28 with 620 viewsLeoMuff

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:39 - Nov 28 by SamWhiteUK

How can you say we're being proved right when he's injured?!

Risk of injury is something you would factor in when making a contract offer, one of the reasons we went low on an almost completely inexperienced 20 year old.

The only Muff in Town.

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 18:12 - Nov 28 with 613 viewsPhilTWTD

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 16:30 - Nov 28 by FrimleyBlue

Of course. What I'm saying is he hadn't played for KM or even been in around KMs squad for KM to put a case forward for a higher offer. The one offered was based on a young lad who'd had half a season at league 2.

It's a shame he got injured when he did as he may well have been in and around the team for that final run in which could have changed our offer to him.

I think the club had decided to move on before the injury, I don't think TS was even getting a run-out in the U23s by that stage.
Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 18:33 - Nov 28 with 574 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chirewa looks very good. Composed, creative and tenacious. Impressive stuff. (n on 18:12 - Nov 28 by PhilTWTD

I think the club had decided to move on before the injury, I don't think TS was even getting a run-out in the U23s by that stage.

I think he'd scored a brace in the game he got injured in. It was just before 1st team played Fleetwood. KM had mentioned he was due to be in around the squad.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024