Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... 17:19 - Apr 18 with 3792 viewsRIPbobby

If this so called super League comes into play. It will take away lots of the prem money. Football dying even further.
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 17:22 - Apr 18 with 3394 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No, the answer will be for Gamechanger to get us up twice in two seasons and persuade the breakaway group that we are more deserving than Chelsea/Tottenham and to be in the new breakaway league in their place.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 17:59 - Apr 18 with 3301 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There will still be a demand for the domestic game, and revenues / wages will adjust.

It's not a problem, may be a good thing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 18:34 - Apr 18 with 3195 viewsTheBoyBlue

Most fans support teams outside of these big clubs and I wonder if it'll interest even the fans of the clubs involved, let alone the rest if there is no openness to it. It'll be nothing other than dressed up exhibition football.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 18:43 - Apr 18 with 3157 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 3142 viewsOldsmoker

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 17:22 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, the answer will be for Gamechanger to get us up twice in two seasons and persuade the breakaway group that we are more deserving than Chelsea/Tottenham and to be in the new breakaway league in their place.

Job done. Easy Peasy.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 18:46 - Apr 18 with 3128 viewschrismakin

It wont happen. Not with the fa and fifa involved and banning clubs/players from cups and leagues etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:34 - Apr 18 with 2970 viewsjas0999

I’d imagine they have planned for us to be a league one team next season.
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:35 - Apr 18 with 2962 viewsgiant_stow

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 18:34 - Apr 18 by TheBoyBlue

Most fans support teams outside of these big clubs and I wonder if it'll interest even the fans of the clubs involved, let alone the rest if there is no openness to it. It'll be nothing other than dressed up exhibition football.

Judging by the arsenal and spurs fans I know, they want no part of it and are just as angry as everyone else. Small sample though obvs

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:39 - Apr 18 with 2939 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 20:10 - Apr 18 with 2800 viewsGiant_Midget

Brett Johnson is in a conference call right now trying to secure a place in the super league for ITFC.
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 21:32 - Apr 18 with 2600 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:35 - Apr 18 by giant_stow

Judging by the arsenal and spurs fans I know, they want no part of it and are just as angry as everyone else. Small sample though obvs

I would imagine it is most fans, though.

Would Liverpool really rather watch on TV them playing Roma again for the chance to finish 8th in the European League instead of a Merseyside derby for who gets into the Champions League or for the chance to win the league?

Very few fans will travel to watch away European games which would no longer be a rare special occasion instead of yet another match against the average Italians who are no longer the team they once were. This would be an Asian TV experience rather than one for attending fans.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 22:20 - Apr 18 with 2469 viewspeterleeblue

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:39 - Apr 18 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Americans!
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:31 - Apr 18 with 2341 viewsJimmyJazz

So if this was a 12 team super league with the clubs already mentioned partaking, aren't Arsenal just signing up to be the Norwich of the super league? The no hopers at the foot of the table every year

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:35 - Apr 18 with 2340 viewsChurchman

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 19:35 - Apr 18 by giant_stow

What if the ‘elite’ put B teams in the Premier League? They have enough resources to do that with ease. They already do it with the Mickey Mouse cup. That way, they have high quality football for the squad players, the derbies and cups are preserved. If you invited Celtic and Rangers in, dumped small clubs out like Burnley, wheeled in clubs you want like Sunderland and say Forest who have pedigree, ended promotion and relegation from that league you would have an elite domestic league with no garbage in it like Fulham or Sheffield Utd. The lower league minnows can go part time or become feeder clubs for the big boys or go to the wall.

Ok I’m being facetious but you can bet your boots with money and greed being the only game in town mad suggestions such as this will be doing the rounds and nothing would surprise me.
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:42 - Apr 18 with 2319 viewsRyorry

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 21:32 - Apr 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would imagine it is most fans, though.

Would Liverpool really rather watch on TV them playing Roma again for the chance to finish 8th in the European League instead of a Merseyside derby for who gets into the Champions League or for the chance to win the league?

Very few fans will travel to watch away European games which would no longer be a rare special occasion instead of yet another match against the average Italians who are no longer the team they once were. This would be an Asian TV experience rather than one for attending fans.

A relatively elderly (60-something?) ManU diehard by the name of Russell called on 606 to say if ManU joined the so-called superleague, he'd never again go & watch them play.

He *wants* to watch Burnley, Southampton etc, because "that's what football is all about". Well said sir, & I think the majority of fans feel the same. I doubt it'd get off the ground anyway, with talk now about how football authorities could disqualify participating players from playing for their countries.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:45 - Apr 18 with 2311 viewschrismakin

Well if i've not misread Arsenals statement and the clubs receive £3.5 Billion each, i'd say our owners might get us in it as soon as they can

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:50 - Apr 18 with 2289 viewsBluedanW

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 23:45 - Apr 18 by chrismakin

Well if i've not misread Arsenals statement and the clubs receive £3.5 Billion each, i'd say our owners might get us in it as soon as they can

Arsenal sitting in 9th place really deserve to be in the elite 15 of Europe. Makes sense
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 00:03 - Apr 19 with 2238 viewschrismakin

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

So you're saying we need to win at least 2 of our remaining 5 games and we stand a chance of going to the championship by default

I do love the thinking behind it 20 extra games, plus knockout stages starting from August

I swear you hear fixture pileup problems from the big clubs yearly, I can't see how potentially 24 extra games is going to help..

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 00:14 - Apr 19 with 2208 viewsFreddies_Ears

Our new US owners are building their sports empire in successful leagues outside the elite levels. There is plenty of room for ITFC to grow successfully within the remaining structure. Indeed, it could even be good for us ( ok, that's controversial), in that taking the top few out of the picture potentially creates more opportunity for the rest.
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 00:16 - Apr 19 with 2204 viewschrismakin

In response to this question, It could have a big effect on the thought process of our takeover.... IMO

If there financial rewards are drastically reduced... the appeal of getting to the prem would decrease and as we know this takeover relies heavily on them getting us to the prem...

However, maybe they'll see it as an even bigger coup to get us there as it will become a more even playing field.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 0:19]

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 04:34 - Apr 19 with 2076 viewsstiff_talking

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 00:16 - Apr 19 by chrismakin

In response to this question, It could have a big effect on the thought process of our takeover.... IMO

If there financial rewards are drastically reduced... the appeal of getting to the prem would decrease and as we know this takeover relies heavily on them getting us to the prem...

However, maybe they'll see it as an even bigger coup to get us there as it will become a more even playing field.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 0:19]

Dark Rabbit Hole chain of nonsense

We are in league one
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 04:53 - Apr 19 with 2066 viewschrismakin

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 04:34 - Apr 19 by stiff_talking

Dark Rabbit Hole chain of nonsense

We are in league one

Doesn't matter what league we are currently in, their end game to get their ROI was get us to the prem, the issue potentially with all this stuff happening, is what will the prem become.... will it still be enough for them - that's the big question, but one will wont know the answer to for a while

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 07:34 - Apr 19 with 1891 viewsLeaky

I think this Super League is a load of rubbish , its just a bargaining chip to get what they want from Eufa, regarding the Champions League
I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 07:38 - Apr 19 with 1876 viewschrismakin

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 07:34 - Apr 19 by Leaky

I think this Super League is a load of rubbish , its just a bargaining chip to get what they want from Eufa, regarding the Champions League

I think that ship has passed

Website up and running, statements etc, It's alot further on than just a bargaining chip imo

I wonder if the consortium will regret buying us... on 07:48 - Apr 19 with 1242 viewsThe_Major

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Was trying to work this out last night when I couldn't sleep, and came up with the following.

Relegation stays as it is. That means the Premier League has nine spots to fill. Six leave, bottom 3 down.

Top 8 from Championship go up. 9-12th in playoffs
Bottom 3 down

Top 8 from League One go up. 9-12th in playoffs (Yay!)
Bottom four go down

Top 9 from League Two go up. 10-13th in playoffs(!)

Remaining 14 teams in League Two plus four relegated from League One plus 22 National Conference teams = 40 teams. Split into League Two (North) and (South) two divisions of 20 each, with direction relegation/promotion to and from the Conference North and South.

Reverts to normality 21/22. Top two from each League Two go up automatically, with one each via play-offs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024