Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That second goal yesterday 11:03 - Jan 2 with 17195 viewsReuser_is_God

Was a joke wasn't it?

Surely someone should've been going mental at Spence to clear it as it was going for a corner?

Symbolic of the p1ss poor leadership that has put us in this position.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That second goal yesterday on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 6180 viewsartsbossbeard

That second goal yesterday on 11:29 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

I shouted at him from back of South Stand it was going to be a corner and I reckon it took another 2-3 seconds for the ball to go off.

It's a bad mistake, but he was obvious he was making it - someone had to be going mad to tell him.

If your mate was about to walk across a busy road with a blindfold on you'd try and stop him because he obviously hasn't seen it

2-3 seconds, correct.

That's more than enough time for the keeper or other team mates to give him a "get rid" shout and for Spence to bang it into row Z. It's not as if the place was a cauldron of noise at the time either.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pretty sure there was..... on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 6184 viewsBloots

That second goal yesterday on 11:31 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

It was definitely a corner, no one was particularly near Pennington when he headed it

....someone very near him and challenging him.

I found myself shouting for handball along with the others around me.

Isn't there a clip of it anywhere?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

That second goal yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 6177 viewsNazemariner

He was clearly convinced that it came of the Millwall player.

I'd be more critical of his defending from the resulting corner in all honesty.
That second goal yesterday on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 6169 viewsReuser_is_God

That second goal yesterday on 11:33 - Jan 2 by artsbossbeard

2-3 seconds, correct.

That's more than enough time for the keeper or other team mates to give him a "get rid" shout and for Spence to bang it into row Z. It's not as if the place was a cauldron of noise at the time either.

"Absolute nonsense. By the time anyone realised what he was doing it was too late to shout."

Dolly, 02.01.2019

Evans out

That second goal yesterday on 11:44 - Jan 2 with 6149 viewsBenters2

I make you right.

Even Mick Mills had a melt down
That second goal yesterday on 11:45 - Jan 2 with 6151 viewsurbanblue

That second goal yesterday on 11:30 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

He does seem to switch of a lot though in game

Yes, I think that is Spences problem at times ... It's like he daydreams. I wouldn't put money on him being 100% sure that it was a goal kick but as no one called ....
That second goal yesterday on 11:49 - Jan 2 with 6135 viewsReuser_is_God

That second goal yesterday on 11:45 - Jan 2 by urbanblue

Yes, I think that is Spences problem at times ... It's like he daydreams. I wouldn't put money on him being 100% sure that it was a goal kick but as no one called ....

I guarantee his team mates will call him 'daydreamer' or ball watcher'

Evans out

That second goal yesterday on 11:51 - Jan 2 with 6129 viewsNo9

That second goal yesterday on 11:28 - Jan 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You seem to be suggesting footballers should never shepherd the ball out of play?

No I haven't
Login to get fewer ads

That second goal yesterday on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 6125 viewsWickets

That second goal yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 2 by Davland

A lot of criticism being aimed at Spence but are we sure it wasn't just another p1ss poor refereeing decision? Like the corner given as a goal kick in front of SBR!

I agree we have seemed to get the thin end of the wedge on some decisions of late but we cannot just go on blameing the ref as we have done for the last 4 games.
That second goal yesterday on 12:06 - Jan 2 with 6104 viewsHerbivore

That second goal yesterday on 11:30 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

He does seem to switch of a lot though in game

As does someone like Pennington but I don't think anyone would use the word 'thick' to describe him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That second goal yesterday on 12:06 - Jan 2 with 6104 viewsDurovigutum

The free kick against Downes that led to the corner should never have been given.

As a ref you shouldn't be giving a decision that surprises players, as if you have the decision was unnecessary - or wrong. It didn't seem anyone on the pitch was expecting that decision.
That second goal yesterday on 12:14 - Jan 2 with 6078 viewsEly_Blue

That second goal yesterday on 11:16 - Jan 2 by Davland

A lot of criticism being aimed at Spence but are we sure it wasn't just another p1ss poor refereeing decision? Like the corner given as a goal kick in front of SBR!

100% it wasn’t a crap referee decision, it was directly in front of where we sit and you could clearly see it came off our man, I did wonder what on earth spence was upto at the time and had a feeling that they would score from it after such a massive blunder

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That second goal yesterday on 12:26 - Jan 2 with 6045 viewsJ4ck22

Maybe it was a next level play to trick the ref into thinking it was a goal kick.

Okay probably not...
That second goal yesterday on 12:27 - Jan 2 with 6045 viewsHarry_Palmer

From my view behind that goal it was so clear it came off Pennington, there just wasn't any doubt so I really fail to see how Spence could have thought differently.

That said, when it became apparent he was letting it run out, then yes he should have had a loud shout.

the whole incident just sums us up defensively, absolute shambles.
That second goal yesterday on 12:42 - Jan 2 with 6005 viewsurbanblue

Looking at the highlights it looks to me as if although Pennington clearly made the header from the perspective of Spence he would only have seen the Millwall player who went up with Pennington. I can see how he may have misjudged it. Hardly any of the other players were looking at him so they weren't going to shout.

Balls up all round eh
Pretty sure there was..... on 12:44 - Jan 2 with 6000 viewsurbanblue

Pretty sure there was..... on 11:33 - Jan 2 by Bloots

....someone very near him and challenging him.

I found myself shouting for handball along with the others around me.

Isn't there a clip of it anywhere?

... and as if by magic the highlights go up!
That second goal yesterday on 12:46 - Jan 2 with 5989 viewsReuser_is_God

That second goal yesterday on 12:06 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

As does someone like Pennington but I don't think anyone would use the word 'thick' to describe him.

Pennington is thick.

There you go.

Evans out

That second goal yesterday on 12:51 - Jan 2 with 5974 viewsDavland

That second goal yesterday on 12:14 - Jan 2 by Ely_Blue

100% it wasn’t a crap referee decision, it was directly in front of where we sit and you could clearly see it came off our man, I did wonder what on earth spence was upto at the time and had a feeling that they would score from it after such a massive blunder

Just seen the extended highlights and case closed.. WTF was he doing!
That second goal yesterday on 12:54 - Jan 2 with 5963 viewsBluesquid

That second goal yesterday on 12:27 - Jan 2 by Harry_Palmer

From my view behind that goal it was so clear it came off Pennington, there just wasn't any doubt so I really fail to see how Spence could have thought differently.

That said, when it became apparent he was letting it run out, then yes he should have had a loud shout.

the whole incident just sums us up defensively, absolute shambles.

"the whole incident just sums us up defensively, absolute shambles."

Yeah, not good from Spence but just look at Cooper as he heads home, he is encircled in the 6 yard box by 5 Town players!
That second goal yesterday on 12:55 - Jan 2 with 5961 views44_not_out

That second goal yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 2 by Nazemariner

He was clearly convinced that it came of the Millwall player.

I'd be more critical of his defending from the resulting corner in all honesty.

It was an error of judgement, no question, but as is quite rightly mentioned above, the 11 men defending the resultant corner failed miserably.

I’d like to put it out there, what was worse, Spence’s decision to let the ball run or the two chances Sears missed in the first half. Add to that Kenlock’s inability to cover round when the lad beats Pennington in the air for the penalty.

Sadly, a goal goes in and it appears some just want to blame Spence regardless.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 13:00]
That second goal yesterday on 13:01 - Jan 2 with 5943 viewsBluesquid

And for the third one, awful from Pennington, he totally stitched up Gerken there.

My god, what a utter mess at the back.

Still think we will beat Rotherham provided the defence have got their heads screwed on!
That second goal yesterday on 13:04 - Jan 2 with 5931 viewsHerbivore

That second goal yesterday on 13:01 - Jan 2 by Bluesquid

And for the third one, awful from Pennington, he totally stitched up Gerken there.

Still think we will beat Rotherham provided the defence have got their heads screwed on!

Gerken got absolutely clattered for his trouble as well. That was much more of a foul than the one he gave against Downes in the lead up to their second goal. That doesn't excuse the poor defending but we're really not getting the decisions just now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That second goal yesterday on 13:19 - Jan 2 with 5902 viewsEly_Blue

That second goal yesterday on 13:01 - Jan 2 by Bluesquid

The thing is Pennington had done the hard work by fending Elliot off and then he fecked it all up with the hospital pass to Gerken.

That second goal yesterday on 13:21 - Jan 2 with 5894 viewsEly_Blue

That second goal yesterday on 13:04 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

Gerken got absolutely clattered for his trouble as well. That was much more of a foul than the one he gave against Downes in the lead up to their second goal. That doesn't excuse the poor defending but we're really not getting the decisions just now.

In fairness to the ref he played advantage for both of our goals, for the first one many refs would have blown quicker without looking to see if there was a real advantage, also for our 2nd goal Harrison was clearly fouled but the ref let him get up and play on rather than blow up.

Also with the penalty when I saw it at the game the ref had a good long look and I don’t know if he was looking to see if there was an advantage to be played there or if he was trying to make sure he’d got the decision right
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 13:23]

That second goal yesterday on 13:27 - Jan 2 with 5873 views44_not_out

That second goal yesterday on 13:19 - Jan 2 by Ely_Blue

The thing is Pennington had done the hard work by fending Elliot off and then he fecked it all up with the hospital pass to Gerken.

As I mentioned previously, all these defensive ‘moments’ we are analysing, it comes back to scoring goals. If Sears make it 2-0 and then 3-0, and they were ‘sitters’ we wouldn’t be having this debate. It would’ve been game over.

PL will ‘go for it’ which is all good and what the fans want. But when you don’t score, you are always going to make yourselves vulnerable at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024