Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick and Lambert 14:03 - Aug 7 with 2119 viewsHipsterectomy

From reading PL interviews and from fans discussions with PL, he is clearly appalled that the club was allowed to become what it has and the lack of pride in it. A lot of the improvements we are now making seem to be things he has pushed to ME that must happen.

I never got the impression from Mick that he was unhappy with the facilities or set-up here and he has high standards himself. He also brought in a number of decent players who would not have signed if the training facilities and mood of the club was as poor as PL suggests.

I honestly had no idea things are/were as bad as PL is saying.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Mick and Lambert on 14:05 - Aug 7 with 2085 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Whilst Lambert is right in a lot of what he says regarding Portman Road and everything.

The training he means more the decoration rather than facilities I think, which is what a player looks for when signing. Also, I think that Lambert has successfully used hyperbole to force Marcus' hand.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mick and Lambert on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 1990 viewsHeathlander

Mick's standards are a lot lower. Just ask Roy Keane about Ireland's world cup preparations.
Mick and Lambert on 14:40 - Aug 7 with 1945 viewsRedX

Mick doesn’t give a sh*te as long as his large weekly wage appears in his back account each week/month.

The way things are going, Lambert won’t last the season.
Mick and Lambert on 14:47 - Aug 7 with 1912 viewsBobbychase

Mick and Lambert on 14:05 - Aug 7 by TRUE_BLUE123

Whilst Lambert is right in a lot of what he says regarding Portman Road and everything.

The training he means more the decoration rather than facilities I think, which is what a player looks for when signing. Also, I think that Lambert has successfully used hyperbole to force Marcus' hand.

Lambert apparently couldn't understand why the first team trained on one pitch and the under-23s were on a completely separate part of Playford Road so one of the reasons the turnstiles and roof still need attention is that a lot of work has been going on at the training ground to bring all the different age groups together.

Which isn't as visible but is actually far more important than peeling paint.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Mick and Lambert on 15:33 - Aug 7 with 1762 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mick and Lambert on 14:47 - Aug 7 by Bobbychase

Lambert apparently couldn't understand why the first team trained on one pitch and the under-23s were on a completely separate part of Playford Road so one of the reasons the turnstiles and roof still need attention is that a lot of work has been going on at the training ground to bring all the different age groups together.

Which isn't as visible but is actually far more important than peeling paint.

Its funny to think of the amount of stick Clegg got for talking about the turnstiles being painted....

....and then people moan when the stadium looks in a poor state.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick and Lambert on 16:07 - Aug 7 with 1676 viewsRedX

Posters clicking down arrows on your post.

lol

How childish.

Challenge a comment at least. That’s what forums are about.
Mick and Lambert on 16:15 - Aug 7 with 1644 viewsGeoffSentence

I think the late lamented Paul Hurst also said that there was an awful lot that needed changing at the club.

I have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes but for two managers to come in in quick succession and complain that there was a lot that needed to be changed does indicate that there has been some neglect in the background.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mick and Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 7 with 1421 viewsBlueBadger

I think the only conclusion that we can draw from this is that Mick paid far less attention to how he came over in pressers than he did to actually winning football matches than Lambert does.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick and Lambert on 18:40 - Aug 7 with 1408 viewsBlueBadger

Mick and Lambert on 14:31 - Aug 7 by Heathlander

Mick's standards are a lot lower. Just ask Roy Keane about Ireland's world cup preparations.

The WC preparations which saw an unfancied Ireland team qualify from a tricky-looking group and then lose narrowly on penalties to Spain in the knock-outs?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick and Lambert on 21:33 - Aug 7 with 1234 views3_5_2

Mick and Lambert on 16:07 - Aug 7 by RedX

Posters clicking down arrows on your post.

lol

How childish.

Challenge a comment at least. That’s what forums are about.

down vote for using "lol"

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Mick and Lambert on 21:37 - Aug 7 with 1212 viewspointofblue

Mick and Lambert on 18:38 - Aug 7 by BlueBadger

I think the only conclusion that we can draw from this is that Mick paid far less attention to how he came over in pressers than he did to actually winning football matches than Lambert does.

I think Mick was purely focused on the footballing side whilst Lambert seems to be keeping an eye on all aspects of the club, hence the latter is far more on edge about Evans' approach than Mick was.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024