Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A squirrel tried to break into my house just now 09:24 - Aug 6 with 3896 viewsGeoffSentence

It might have been fooled by the curtains which have a sort of leafy, floral design. It bonked its head on the glass of the door twice, then retired to the fence where it tried to look like nothing had happened.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 17:06 - Aug 6 with 652 viewsjeera

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 15:59 - Aug 6 by WeWereZombies

When I lived in Weeting I went to a talk at the Village Hall given by a guy who had just retired after sixty years or something as a shepherd, could not persuade my kids to go. After I had experienced two hours of slides showing all the stupid body mangling accidents and withering diseases that sheep subject themselves to I was quite relieved that my kids had passed up the opportunity for extra-curricular education.

I'm more surprised that you thought there was a cat in hell's chance that any kid would want to go and listen to some bloke bang on about sheep in a village hall.

I would venture though, that if they'd known how the subject was going to pan out, there might have been more interest from them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 17:51 - Aug 6 with 624 viewsWeWereZombies

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 17:06 - Aug 6 by jeera

I'm more surprised that you thought there was a cat in hell's chance that any kid would want to go and listen to some bloke bang on about sheep in a village hall.

I would venture though, that if they'd known how the subject was going to pan out, there might have been more interest from them.

The lad would have gone for it but my daughter would have been awake wailing all night and then ready to tell my ex. what I had subjected her to unless I spent hundred of pounds on Pokemon merchandise.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 07:39 - Aug 7 with 576 viewsBrixtonBlue

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 15:54 - Aug 6 by jeera

They can be very prompt indeed.

But this one I hadn't even ordered.

It was an escapee of course, from a farm not too far away, but it was the way it had tapped at the door a couple of times, I honestly expected a person to be standing there.

It just kept looking at me expecting me to do something and it was quite unnerving.

What did you do in the end?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 07:54 - Aug 7 with 570 viewsbluelagos

When I lived in London, a garage was the preserve of the super wealthy, so my motorbike was left to sit out the front of my house. Used to put a cover over it (for security and to protect it from the elements)

I'd also chain my lid to the wheel to hinder anyone wanting to wheel if away. Only problem was a local cat decided it was his territory and latterly, his bike. This started with his 'spraying' the bike and helmet. Next he'd take to kipping under the cover on the seat.

A quick shoo would initially be enough, but after a while he'd lie there and eyeball me with a "this is my bed" glare. I ended up having to buy some bungees to tighten the cover so he couldn't get under it.

Trust me, this squirrel will soon own you, your garden, your home. Just accept it and leave him some grub everyday. It's the nice thing to do.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 08:06 - Aug 7 with 568 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A squirrel tried to break into my house just now on 14:14 - Aug 6 by GeoffSentence

Not a joke, it really happened. Well he bonked his head on my backdoor twice, it is what drew my attention but what his motivation was I can't be entirely sure, he might not have been trying to break in, he might have just fancied banging his head on my door.*

*It could have been a she or indeterminate gender but it is traditional when the gender of a squirrel is not known to refer to it as 'he'.

Late to the thread but thanks for giving the missus and oi a laugh this morning!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024