Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow 16:06 - Dec 19 with 5464 viewsgtsb1966

do people think they will be passed in parliament or would the Tory and Labour parties have enough opposition to stop it. Would the labour party back the government on further restrictions?
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:19 - Dec 19 with 1829 viewsMullet

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:04 - Dec 19 by _sanctimoanious_

Hope they privatise the nhs as it seems to be the only way as it just can’t cope! We must never ever question this government’s decisions as they only have our interests at heart. As long as the government beat those worst case modelling scenarios then they’ve done an awesome job!!

Only kidding of course! 1hr tops of outside time is best for all. Pre-book your fourth jab asap.

Calm down - all just banter. Save your sanctimony.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 17:15]

This troll account is nowhere near your best self is it? Imagine how much more positive your contribution to society and here might be if you applied this sort of effort for good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:19 - Dec 19 with 1829 viewsgtsb1966

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:05 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

If it's a lockdown it's going to be hard to start it on the 27th given a lot of people aren't going to be near their homes where they would need to be for the next 2 weeks.

More restrictions more likely I would think given the state of the Tories and the CRG.

SB

You're then talking about hospitality and sporting events. Could they survive another period without income. Must be really worrying for people who work in those sectors.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:21 - Dec 19 with 1822 views_sanctimoanious_

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:19 - Dec 19 by Mullet

This troll account is nowhere near your best self is it? Imagine how much more positive your contribution to society and here might be if you applied this sort of effort for good.

Said save your sanctimony chump.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:23 - Dec 19 with 1816 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:15 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

My brother is returning to the uk from Lima for xmas, in 3 days time...

Ahhhhh,then depending on the time he has been here ,you'll deffo be aware of how hardcore it's been ...including 1 year with all the borders closed overnight by the military and then when finally opened the UK red list awaiting for best part of a year ... was due to leave in March 2020...heading into 2022 now ...with the state of the UK currently,I may chance my luck here a bit longer and that's saying something ;-)

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:26 - Dec 19 with 1790 viewsMullet

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:21 - Dec 19 by _sanctimoanious_

Said save your sanctimony chump.

Concern at your oddity isn’t the same as sanctimony. That’s possibly why this character fell down almost immediately as much as your clear need for some intervention.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:28 - Dec 19 with 1782 viewsStokieBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Dec 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

We've gone into lockdowns before where people have needed to get themselves home.
I work in a University, we've had to do it almost overnight twice.

I don't think it's the same.

People going home from Christmas is the biggest human migration in this country, everyone is going to be all over the place.

Hence why they should give notice before Christmas if it's going to happen, not on Boxing Day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:29 - Dec 19 with 1777 viewsMullet

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:28 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

People going home from Christmas is the biggest human migration in this country, everyone is going to be all over the place.

Hence why they should give notice before Christmas if it's going to happen, not on Boxing Day.

SB

Given the very root of the crisis was Chinese New Year too…..

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:30 - Dec 19 with 1761 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:23 - Dec 19 by Perublue

Ahhhhh,then depending on the time he has been here ,you'll deffo be aware of how hardcore it's been ...including 1 year with all the borders closed overnight by the military and then when finally opened the UK red list awaiting for best part of a year ... was due to leave in March 2020...heading into 2022 now ...with the state of the UK currently,I may chance my luck here a bit longer and that's saying something ;-)

Lived there on and off for years
Login to get fewer ads

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:37 - Dec 19 with 1744 viewstextbackup

"get jabber and life will be normal again"

apart from the 2 week lockdown you'll be hit with every now and then.

madness

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:43 - Dec 19 with 1709 viewsITFC_Forever

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:12 - Dec 19 by hoppy

Depends also when their Christmas party date is.

They proved last year that doesn’t matter…

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:44 - Dec 19 with 1707 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:30 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

Lived there on and off for years

Same .. haha ...and this time more years than I expected ... He will of course know the difficulty in coming and going and how that could change overnight currently as they targeted UK arrivals recently ..get that spare room ready,joking aside,I hope all goes well and if he is a Town fan and we one day make it to being on international TV again,tell him I'll meet him for a pint or 19 in calle las pizzas ...although sadly it's not as grubby as it used to be.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:48 - Dec 19 with 1683 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:44 - Dec 19 by Perublue

Same .. haha ...and this time more years than I expected ... He will of course know the difficulty in coming and going and how that could change overnight currently as they targeted UK arrivals recently ..get that spare room ready,joking aside,I hope all goes well and if he is a Town fan and we one day make it to being on international TV again,tell him I'll meet him for a pint or 19 in calle las pizzas ...although sadly it's not as grubby as it used to be.

He prefers Mexico, but job and girlfriend have dragged him back to Peru. Frequents Houlihans in Lima
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:49 - Dec 19 with 1682 viewsBlueBadger

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:04 - Dec 19 by _sanctimoanious_

Hope they privatise the nhs as it seems to be the only way as it just can’t cope! We must never ever question this government’s decisions as they only have our interests at heart. As long as the government beat those worst case modelling scenarios then they’ve done an awesome job!!

Only kidding of course! 1hr tops of outside time is best for all. Pre-book your fourth jab asap.

Sh1t Paz tribute act, you're just a sh1t Paz tribute act

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:50 - Dec 19 with 1672 views_sanctimoanious_

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:49 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

Sh1t Paz tribute act, you're just a sh1t Paz tribute act

Cute
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:52 - Dec 19 with 1652 viewsPerublue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:48 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

He prefers Mexico, but job and girlfriend have dragged him back to Peru. Frequents Houlihans in Lima

I have experienced Houlihans .. but only as an adult with responsibilites and child in tow for lunch.....damn ,hahahaha.

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 18:28 - Dec 19 with 1596 viewsEly_Blue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:02 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The decent people amongst us are very happy that SAGE does all it can to prevent people having their lives turned upside down by the death of their loved ones.

Shame that SAGE can’t get all of the anti vaxxers to get jabbed though isn’t it?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 18:57 - Dec 19 with 1517 viewsfactual_blue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:18 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

I very much doubt that.

Because the disruption caused by widespread death tends to be bigger than financial problems.

I wonder how some of these libertarians would have coped with the blackout in WW2.

'I have a right under Magna Carta to keep my curtains open'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 19:47 - Dec 19 with 1412 viewsfactual_blue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 18:57 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

I wonder how some of these libertarians would have coped with the blackout in WW2.

'I have a right under Magna Carta to keep my curtains open'.

The difference between the blackout and anti-Covid measures being what exactly?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 19:48 - Dec 19 with 1409 viewsgordon

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:28 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

SB

In terms of the giving notice thing, one of the more interesting suggestions I've heard was that because we've basically known since April / May 2020 that at least the next two winters were going to be pretty bad for COVID, we should have had scheduled shutdowns e.g. for the last week of every month from September onwards, where work from home is mandated, pubs, coffee shops, restaurants, nightclubs etc are closed (and staff wages covered by government). Because these would have been planned and communicated months in advance people know exactly what to expect etc and wouldn't find it so frustrating.

Instead, over and over again the government try to maintain a line that basically everything is fine, until they're way past the point where quite obviously it isn't, and they have no choice but to order immediate harsh restrictions which causes cancellations, frustration, lost income, ruined plans etc.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 20:39 - Dec 19 with 1317 viewsjontysnut

I guess there are already permissive orders which would allow him to do it, but it's political death. Enjoy your bubble and squeak on Boxing day and hunker down with a re run of Jools Holland on NYE.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 21:02 - Dec 19 with 1263 viewsBlueBadger

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 19:47 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The difference between the blackout and anti-Covid measures being what exactly?

Doodlebugs didn't follow you home and kill your nan?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 22:24 - Dec 19 with 1186 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EDIT: I appear to have responded to your first line without correctly reading your edit. Ignore the below!

How would privatising it help it to cope? Would that magically make the Government increase funding for it? Or would somehow private companies making even more profit from it than they already do make it work better?

We are not talking about some 1970s public service where the unions hold the Government to ransom over wages and working conditions. We are talking about a cash-starved public service on its knees expected to survive off Thursday evening applauses and multiple pay and funding cuts.

If you want a good level of public services (and an NHS that is the envy of the world) you do not want a Tory government (let alone several decades of them consecutively).
[Post edited 19 Dec 2021 22:26]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 22:48 - Dec 19 with 1150 viewsZXBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 19:48 - Dec 19 by gordon

In terms of the giving notice thing, one of the more interesting suggestions I've heard was that because we've basically known since April / May 2020 that at least the next two winters were going to be pretty bad for COVID, we should have had scheduled shutdowns e.g. for the last week of every month from September onwards, where work from home is mandated, pubs, coffee shops, restaurants, nightclubs etc are closed (and staff wages covered by government). Because these would have been planned and communicated months in advance people know exactly what to expect etc and wouldn't find it so frustrating.

Instead, over and over again the government try to maintain a line that basically everything is fine, until they're way past the point where quite obviously it isn't, and they have no choice but to order immediate harsh restrictions which causes cancellations, frustration, lost income, ruined plans etc.

I think that is unfair. Omicron was not predicted. Always a risk of new strains, but all was okayish until Omicron.
[Redacted] on 05:41 - Dec 20 with 1061 viewsvictorywilhappen

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:07 - Dec 19 by Mullet

There was a rumour going around work they’d planned for the 27th to start a lockdown. This was evidenced by the collection and checking if IT facilities centrally across all our places. Presumably to give out to the kids without access again.

This was backed up by someone at work whose mate “works for the government…. And who was spot on” with the last few measures etc.

Take that as you will, I held off saying anything as it will cause undue anxiety if true. However, I’ve seen it pop up in social media which makes me think it’s a common conspiracy or a genuine leak to test the waters.

Personally, I know I’ll really struggle with another one. But I’d also struggling hearing about friends or kids I teach losing people in such high numbers again.

Bloody sh1t innit

[Redacted]
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 07:01 - Dec 20 with 1025 viewssolomon

if you compare our current situation to this time last year I’m quite happy with a 2 week lockdown to ease the situation, taking into account the high levels of vaccination I believe all of us, if we pull together, can defeat this new strain quickly and effectively with little disruption.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024