Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does that saying go again? 15:05 - Nov 25 with 211 viewsboroughblue

You know, the one about doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results?

I don't usually find myself posting things on this forum, but I find myself doing very little disso work in the library today, so I thought I'd post something in here to feel a bit productive.

As a town fan of 20 years of age, ive not seen many good days in my time supporting the club, but last night was the first time I think I've ever felt genuine anger. The completely inept tactical ability of Lambert to not see that things were not working, and that James Norwood (who as others have quite rightly said was by far the standout player last night) was too isolated on his own upfront and needed help, to then leave it so late to take him off and still not change the system was infurtiating. I clearly wasn't the only one, as Mick Mills sounded absolutely baffled too, and even more worryingly, PL had the audacity to tell us afterwards that we still played 'really well'.

What worries me most is there seems to be no sense of urgency, or even passion from any of our players, which drove me to spending most of the game shouting at my tv in my room. Which led to my housemates coming into my room to tell me to 'STFU' whilst passing me a box of tissues.. The repetitive passing side-to-side until someone gets impatient and hits a hopeful long ball became to predictable.

Phil nailed it on another post, it was upsetting that Hull didn't even really need to do much to give us what was ultimately a drubbing in our own back yard, just stay organised and take 3 of there chances when they came along.

Now the reason for the title of my post- we are almost identically seeing last season unfold infront of our eyes. Starting off 'strongly', beating 'weaker' teams whilst playing 'alright', then being found out by better teams than us and starting to crumble in November (starting to sound familiar lads?). Our first home defeat last year coming to Rotherham, who obviously ended up being promoted (similar time of year to last nights defeat to a recently relegated and probably on their way back up team). as well as slipping past a Shrewsbury team with a last minute winner, which sort of covers up the fact that it was a very poor performance (see Wimbledon at home last season).

We cannot stand by and let this season fizzle out like last year did. I still believe this team is capable of challenging for the play-offs at least, but not under the regime. PL I'm sorry, I am usually very late to the 'sack the manager' party, but I think your time has come before there is still time to save our season. Especially with a lot of player OOC in the summer, and the financial restraints of this league starting to become even tighter.

I hope I'm proven wrong, and that as PL said last night, that was just a blip. But the form and performances of late indicates our slump for the season has started on cue, as it did last year.

Sorry for the rant, but my housemates weren't too keen to listen to it last night, I'll go and find the book I need to read now!

Have a good one lads...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024