Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert & Cook and other thoughts 11:10 - Apr 14 with 613 viewsCaptMickMills

One thing Lambert was able to do was get Ipswich to beat teams in bottom half of table. I reckon Lambert would have gained more points than Cook over last 10 games if he had stayed as manager ironically meaning we would have had better chance of making play offs if he hadn't been sacked.

However Lambert had to go his relationship with fans had deteriorated too much and some of his post match interviews were ludicrous.

I like Cook, I like his honesty in interviews and feel that he understands fans. He wants his teams to attack and score goals but hasn't been able to achieve it with the current squad. He is probably a manager who needs a pre season to school players in his way of playing and a transfer window to get players who fit his system. I am disappointed that there has been no new manager bounce indeed the opposite (so typical of Ipswich).

There are good players in the current squad but I reckon the negativity of last 3 years has permeated the squad and as most fans agree the squad needs a big overhaul.

Of players who have played in first team this season I would keep Holy (who I think generally has done well and is unfairly criticised, easily best goalkeeper since Bart), Woolfenden, Kenlock, Dozzell, Bishop, Downes, Nydam, Lancaster, Dobra, Norwood (if club thinks he can stay fit), Edwards. Players like Bishop, Dozzell and Edwards I think could do well with the right players around them especially some real winners/competitors.

Lambert & Cook and other thoughts on 11:20 - Apr 14 with 574 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I worry that Lankester and Bishop have been destroyed by their injuries.

Of the others, apart from Downes.... meh.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert & Cook and other thoughts on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 549 viewsHerbivore

Although in the last 6 weeks or so of Lambert's time we did lose at home to bottom 4 Swindon and draw at home with bottom 4 Northampton. We'd been crap for ages under Lambert as well, that blip of three narrow wins leading up to Cook coming in has really coloured perceptions of where we were at. I'd hoped for better from Cook of course, I'm sure we all did, but I've never seen a squad so physically and mentally not up to the task.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert & Cook and other thoughts on 13:28 - Apr 14 with 490 viewsCaptMickMills

Lambert & Cook and other thoughts on 11:30 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

Although in the last 6 weeks or so of Lambert's time we did lose at home to bottom 4 Swindon and draw at home with bottom 4 Northampton. We'd been crap for ages under Lambert as well, that blip of three narrow wins leading up to Cook coming in has really coloured perceptions of where we were at. I'd hoped for better from Cook of course, I'm sure we all did, but I've never seen a squad so physically and mentally not up to the task.

Yes I think it is more mental than physical.

Though first full season for Dozzell and Bishop first run of games after bad injury. I do think both will be better next season for this experience. Both have faded after promising starts to the season.

Not been a good club to be at for some time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024