Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 18:35 - Oct 24 with 3699 viewsMullet

I know you shouldn't listen to managers talking to the press, but that isn't even deflecting from your players is it? It's just outright lies.

Our club has fallen so far, and expectations have plummeted with it. Absolute bobbins. Where's the anger now? How can anyone back him now? The football is the worst in living memory, the squad can't even compete in a division we should never be in.

To see the club in absolute ruins so quickly and so needlessly is an absolute disgrace. Lambert has done as much as any body to put us here. A half decent manager would have us dominant in this league not just playing fcuking make believe to the cameras.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:40 - Oct 24 with 3250 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I am sorry to say, but I agree. Sad state of affairs. I said I would give him first 10 games and I will, but it is starting to look a bit same as last season. Disappointing.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:41 - Oct 24 with 3239 viewsbazza

Maybe he should give stand up comedy a try...
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:42 - Oct 24 with 3242 viewsgroovyASH

That's the fecking problem, people are not nearly as angry and proactive at protesting against this awful excuse of a football manager as they should be.

We are heading to oblivion and not nearly enough people give a damn

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:43 - Oct 24 with 3218 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:40 - Oct 24 by IpswichBoyBlue

I am sorry to say, but I agree. Sad state of affairs. I said I would give him first 10 games and I will, but it is starting to look a bit same as last season. Disappointing.

We are two points worse off than after eight games last season, imagine possession stats are better though.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:38 - Oct 24 with 3083 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:42 - Oct 24 by groovyASH

That's the fecking problem, people are not nearly as angry and proactive at protesting against this awful excuse of a football manager as they should be.

We are heading to oblivion and not nearly enough people give a damn

Are u new to this forum?

Lol

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:43 - Oct 24 with 3061 viewsgordon

Can't believe how impressed everyone is by Hawkins 'presence', by the way. He is an absolutely awful footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:47 - Oct 24 with 3017 viewsDubtractor

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:43 - Oct 24 by gordon

Can't believe how impressed everyone is by Hawkins 'presence', by the way. He is an absolutely awful footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

He has been OK in other games, but I've seen people say he was good today and frankly that just isn't true. A good striker in the 'big man' role would have been holding onto the ball, bringing runners into the game, and generally being a focal point for the attacking play. We know he won't score many, but if he can't do the other stuff I mentioned then we'll generally look as blunt as we did today.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:51 - Oct 24 with 2983 viewsmonty_radio

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:47 - Oct 24 by Dubtractor

He has been OK in other games, but I've seen people say he was good today and frankly that just isn't true. A good striker in the 'big man' role would have been holding onto the ball, bringing runners into the game, and generally being a focal point for the attacking play. We know he won't score many, but if he can't do the other stuff I mentioned then we'll generally look as blunt as we did today.

Yet without Drinan we have no-one who could begin to do that job, if that's what our system demands.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:55 - Oct 24 with 2949 viewsgroovyASH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:38 - Oct 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are u new to this forum?

Lol

People come to a forum to have a moan, nobody cares and it is not proactive

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:01 - Oct 24 with 2910 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 18:43 - Oct 24 by PJH

We are two points worse off than after eight games last season, imagine possession stats are better though.

I am not going to get in an argument with you Sir, you are my go to person for all things Ipswich. I am starting to see the same patterns from last season though and fear the same result, if not worse. Time will tell.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:01 - Oct 24 with 2911 viewsericclacton

The situation is dire we are stuck in the third division with a man in charge who should never be anywhere near ITFC, his form as a manager is poor and has been for years.
We are well and truly a lower league club now so we better hurry up and get used to it.

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:13 - Oct 24 with 2862 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:55 - Oct 24 by groovyASH

People come to a forum to have a moan, nobody cares and it is not proactive

What would you like to see happen from the fans?

What are you doing that is pro-active?

Pretty hard to protest when you can't attend matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:21 - Oct 24 with 2842 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The football really isn't rubbish. However, yet again in the past two matches it has lacked any real cutting edge. I agree entirely with the rest of your post - we certainly were far from excellent today and I have lost faith in Lambert. Time for a change as expensive as that will be. It will be more expensive in the long term to fail to act (as long as the action is far better than the past 2 appointments have been).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:27 - Oct 24 with 2810 viewsMullet

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:21 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

The football really isn't rubbish. However, yet again in the past two matches it has lacked any real cutting edge. I agree entirely with the rest of your post - we certainly were far from excellent today and I have lost faith in Lambert. Time for a change as expensive as that will be. It will be more expensive in the long term to fail to act (as long as the action is far better than the past 2 appointments have been).

It really is.

We are up against a side who shipped 14 out and 15 in. Blackpool, Wigan, the same. When we break them down, when we get goals, when we run at them and test them that's acceptable.

But this is the third tier. Huffing and puffing is not. Surrendering is definitely not enough. We were told that "hoofball" as the underdog in the Championship was not good enough and the worst ever, and all sorts of sh1t. What does that make this?

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 21:00 - Oct 24 with 2709 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:01 - Oct 24 by IpswichBoyBlue

I am not going to get in an argument with you Sir, you are my go to person for all things Ipswich. I am starting to see the same patterns from last season though and fear the same result, if not worse. Time will tell.

There is no argument from me as such, I was just pointing out that despite this season apparently looking better than last we are at this stage worse off points wise.

We should have gone up relatively comfortably with the squad that we had last year and at this stage last season I had little doubt that we would-in fact we won games 9,10 and 11 last season so at best we will be two points worse off after 11 games.

I think that I am saying that we should have gone up last season, no idea what we will do this season.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 21:51 - Oct 24 with 2581 viewsHorseboy

All will be fine when the alcoholic is back, hooray!!
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:05 - Oct 24 with 2541 viewsJimmy86

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 20:27 - Oct 24 by Mullet

It really is.

We are up against a side who shipped 14 out and 15 in. Blackpool, Wigan, the same. When we break them down, when we get goals, when we run at them and test them that's acceptable.

But this is the third tier. Huffing and puffing is not. Surrendering is definitely not enough. We were told that "hoofball" as the underdog in the Championship was not good enough and the worst ever, and all sorts of sh1t. What does that make this?

Admittedly we are in a division lower, but how you can say the football we are playing now is the worst ever is laughable.

The "hoofball" as you mentioned in the championship was absolutely dire... yes we were competing in the championship, we were punching above our weight etc, but football is also entertainment and under Mick that just wasn't there enough and ultimately that's what you pay your money for, to be entertained.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:14 - Oct 24 with 2503 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:05 - Oct 24 by Jimmy86

Admittedly we are in a division lower, but how you can say the football we are playing now is the worst ever is laughable.

The "hoofball" as you mentioned in the championship was absolutely dire... yes we were competing in the championship, we were punching above our weight etc, but football is also entertainment and under Mick that just wasn't there enough and ultimately that's what you pay your money for, to be entertained.

I have been getting it wrong all these years then because I was thinking it was to see my team get a result at the highest level that it could and what I had supposed to be going for was to be entertained.

At least I will now know that if ever I go back to see my team play a football match I will know that I am supposed to be going for entertainment.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 2479 viewsMullet

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:14 - Oct 24 by PJH

I have been getting it wrong all these years then because I was thinking it was to see my team get a result at the highest level that it could and what I had supposed to be going for was to be entertained.

At least I will now know that if ever I go back to see my team play a football match I will know that I am supposed to be going for entertainment.

It's just laughable. If you weren't entertained by watching the kids coming through, the survival job when he came here, Murphy having the form of his life, and the development of so many players you're either lying or just don't understand football I'm afraid.

To suggest that beating teams in the weakest third tier possible after a pandemic when we've got such a big squad and so many advantages is comparable is just delusional .Where to begin?

I thought the whole point of relegation was this mythical bounceback you see once every 5 years?

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 2460 viewsJimmy86

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:14 - Oct 24 by PJH

Surely you want to be entertained though? Football isn't just a results business is it?

Not looking for an argument my friend, I'm a town fan same as you are... just find this fawning over Mick pathetic.... yes we were in the championship, but the football was so poor... I want to see my team win, but I'd want to be entertained too
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:37 - Oct 24 with 2412 viewsJimmy86

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:20 - Oct 24 by Mullet

It's just laughable. If you weren't entertained by watching the kids coming through, the survival job when he came here, Murphy having the form of his life, and the development of so many players you're either lying or just don't understand football I'm afraid.

To suggest that beating teams in the weakest third tier possible after a pandemic when we've got such a big squad and so many advantages is comparable is just delusional .Where to begin?

I thought the whole point of relegation was this mythical bounceback you see once every 5 years?

Believe me, I enjoyed all that, he did an amazing job to keep us up in the first instance and by some margin in the end. Murphy had the time of his life at town and was the focal point to all our play, he was absolutely crucial to our direct style of play, once teams worked us out we were screwed.

Mick did a great job with the funds he had available to him... that is certainly without question. We find ourselves where we are as a result of the decisions made since Mick, not Mick leaving per se
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 07:59 - Oct 25 with 2177 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:24 - Oct 24 by Jimmy86

Surely you want to be entertained though? Football isn't just a results business is it?

Not looking for an argument my friend, I'm a town fan same as you are... just find this fawning over Mick pathetic.... yes we were in the championship, but the football was so poor... I want to see my team win, but I'd want to be entertained too

Getting the two together is nice but, for me, if and when it is a choice between a good result and entertainment then it is the result every time.

Entertainment is something that I would look for in a game in which I had no interest in either team but I do not watch much football on TV so that rarely occurs.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:10 - Oct 25 with 2061 viewsJimmy86

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 07:59 - Oct 25 by PJH

Getting the two together is nice but, for me, if and when it is a choice between a good result and entertainment then it is the result every time.

Entertainment is something that I would look for in a game in which I had no interest in either team but I do not watch much football on TV so that rarely occurs.

That all makes sense, I think that had a big part to play in the relationship breaking down irretrievably between Mick and the fanbase though, as his style of football was ok whilst achieving results, but when it wasn't it was just P1SS poor... people seem to forget the fact we went through 5 home games without scoring and the ironic cheers when we had our first shot on target in the 80th minute etc.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 2025 viewsDarth_Koont

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 19:47 - Oct 24 by Dubtractor

Think that’s a bit harsh. He generally had poor service and was decent with those scraps without doing a single-handed Alan Lee job upfront. But Edwards and Lankester were rarely if ever up with him which could have meant us getting something from second balls but also given Hawkins something to work with.

Yesterday was annoying because we didn’t get the attack going despite a lot of good work in the middle third. Maybe credit is due to Lincoln for breaking that up but would have liked to have seen more from us (tactical change or personnel) to try and combat that.

Pronouns: He/Him

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:27 - Oct 25 with 2014 viewspointofblue

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 07:59 - Oct 25 by PJH

The issue is where there is no entertainment to speak of and we still lose.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024