Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did we learn from tonight? 23:10 - Dec 7 with 828 viewsPinewoodblue

First the club were right in showing Paul Cook the door.

Secondly we are supported by a few idiot fans who need to be weeded out.

We also learnt a lot about the character of some of our recent signings. I honestly thought that our Captain, after expressing his disappointment about the managers departure, would have set out to lead from the front.

Feel sorry for John McGreal, the players, with few exceptions, let him down bigtime.

John has said he would never turn his back on Town but he has a lot of difficult choices to make between now and Saturday. which I suspect will be his last league game as Interim Manager. as we could announce an appointment before the following Saturday.

As things stand Pack Portman Road timing seems more than a little unfortunate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What did we learn from tonight? on 23:12 - Dec 7 with 760 viewsTheBlueGnu

What I learnt tonight was that the actress Patricia Pheonix, who played Elsie Tanner in Coronation Street, was born in the Fallowfield suburb of Manchester which in the 2011 census had a population of 15,211.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

What did we learn from tonight? on 23:13 - Dec 7 with 745 viewsBobsthename

Even Mills says Mcgreal made a couple of odd team selections Donacian at left back and bringing Evans back i think Ashton is most definitely going to get an outsider in as manager.
What did we learn from tonight? on 23:17 - Dec 7 with 690 viewspositivity

first- don't see that as proven from tonight, you could just as easily make a knee-jerk reaction in the other direction and say cook was the only thing keeping us from! relegation

second-100% agree

players played like they were in shock, which they probably were! should have done better, but it wasn't an easy task for them, especially with the entire coaching team being ripped out...

mcgreal had an impossible job, but can criticise him for some of the decisions. the right side has worked well, why disrupt that to bring in kvy? keep janoi right and tinker with the left, kvy can play there, so can penney, clements and burgess.

we need a rudder very quickly, so i hope you're right that we get someone in by the weekend (but it has to be someone with quality!)
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 23:17]

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

What did we learn from tonight? on 23:53 - Dec 7 with 526 viewsBugs

First point. No. If you think that team would have performed like that under Cook you're being naïve.

Second, Yep couldn't agree more.

Third, consciously, or not, the sacking of Cook had an effect on our players that was incredibly poor for their performance.

I personal believe that Cook would have gotten us out of this league given the time, if not this season but next, with a few tweaks to personnel in a couple of transfer windows. I just hope the next man in can do the same.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 23:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024