Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon 2019 22:02 - Apr 3 with 6786 viewsmisty1984

My names Misty and less than a year ago I took up running again and being a bit mad (so my friends and family tell me) got a place in this years London Marathon, This will be my 1st ever marathon and strangely can’t wait to do it, done a training run of 20 miles and got the same distance planned for this weekend.

I’m doing the marathon to raise money for a local charity I’m involved with, Ipswich Deaf Society, we are a small charity who provide support for the local Deaf community and their families. As well as help provide a place for lessons to take place in British Sign Language.

We are currently in the process of updating the building we have to make it suitable for our future plans for the charity, but as we rely on donations I’m trying to raise as much as possible to help with this.

To add a bit more pressure on myself or maybe being more of a glutton for punishment I set up a football shirt challenge that people can donate to my page specifying ITFC or NCFC with their donation and at the deadline on April 18th the set of fans who have raised the most, I will wear that shirt for the London Marathon.

Fortunately I’m in the position where ITFC are winning but hoping that TWTD will hopefully help make that victory a bit more comfortable.

If you can help with a donation the link for my fundraising page:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MistySmith

Also the club when I was Community Champion in February donated a signed shirt which I will be listing for sale in the next few weeks so will put the link up when I get that going.
London Marathon 2019 on 20:57 - Apr 28 with 776 viewsjeera

London Marathon 2019 on 17:37 - Apr 28 by TractorWood

How did you get on? I jogged round too. Really struggled. Finished in 4:47 which is well off my pb. Will go again but chuffed to get it off the bucket list.

Great event though. Really well organised and the support along the route was excellent, especially near Tower Hill and Embankment.

There's a few of you who did it then.

Well done all. Grueling stuff.

Seriously, congratulations.

Well it looks like a duck, it sounds like a duck. Nope, dunno what it is.
Poll: How do you feel about Christmas?

London Marathon 2019 on 07:47 - Apr 29 with 722 viewsdissboy2

very well done to those who ran , wonderful achievement
London Marathon 2019 on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 616 viewsmisty1984

London Marathon 2019 on 18:30 - Apr 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Congrats

Did it myself for the first time this year too and fully agree re support - to be honest the whole way round was exceptional save for a small lull around mile 17 (I think!). 4:11 for me - up to mile 20 I was with the sub-4 pacer and dreaming of nailing it but faded badly at the end

Never again!

Ps. Don’t suppose either you or the OP were the chap I saw in ITFC shorts at the Blue Start area?

EDIT: just realised the OP is female so clearly not them I saw!
[Post edited 28 Apr 18:43]

Finally back in the land of living, for a 1st time I was happy with how it went, 5hrs 27mins, last 3miles were tough as felt my calf tighten and decided to take it easy so I could make sure I could run the last KM.
Did see far too many budgies!

I was thinking never again, but completed ballot form on way home for next year.
London Marathon 2019 on 06:14 - Apr 30 with 549 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

London Marathon 2019 on 20:25 - Apr 29 by misty1984

Finally back in the land of living, for a 1st time I was happy with how it went, 5hrs 27mins, last 3miles were tough as felt my calf tighten and decided to take it easy so I could make sure I could run the last KM.
Did see far too many budgies!

I was thinking never again, but completed ballot form on way home for next year.

That’s a brilliant effort, congratulations

Yes there were far too many of them lot weren’t there, both running and supporting. Seemed I couldn’t go 2 miles without seeing a shirt or a flag or an inflatable canary - I suppose getting promoted the day before will do that 😔
[Post edited 30 Apr 6:14]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2019