Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock, get off his back 13:27 - Sep 1 with 2055 viewsRobTheSnob

Thought he did ok yesterday, people say he's the weakest link, he's young and still learning, he's not our best player but not everyone can be,
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 13:31]
Kenlock, get off his back on 13:52 - Sep 1 with 1984 viewswkj

I think it is perfectly fair to discuss being unimpressed with him in a measured and reasonable way, such as we have done so far, it's not very in accurate of a statement to call him our weak link tbh

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kenlock, get off his back on 14:02 - Sep 1 with 1959 viewsGarv

I think to say he's our weakest link is fair. It's not to say he's awful or people want shot, just that if we were going to strengthen further, that's where we'd do it.

I won't lose any sleep if he plays the rest of the season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kenlock, get off his back on 14:18 - Sep 1 with 1926 viewsHerbivore

He is the weak link in our side though and he's also not really a kid anymore. We're 4 or 5 years on from his debut and he turns 23 before too long, he needs to improve if he's going to make it here imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock, get off his back on 14:42 - Sep 1 with 1878 viewsyorkshire

Yesterday was his best game so far - I still think there is potential in him to improve - especially the defensive side of his game - he is an athlete and looks willing to get up and down the pitch

With KVY looking really shape on the other side then I wonder if teams will come with a plan to target Kenlock now - especially with Judge in front of him (who isn't a left sided player)
Kenlock, get off his back on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 1872 viewsbadadski

Kenlock, get off his back on 14:18 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

He is the weak link in our side though and he's also not really a kid anymore. We're 4 or 5 years on from his debut and he turns 23 before too long, he needs to improve if he's going to make it here imo.

He is the weakest link though, have been unimpressed in numerous aspects of his defending which will highlight in a second although yesterday was not a total disaster for him.

There was a ball played to him by Downes who also dithered and rather than smash it away he decided to also dither with it and lost it. Not entirely his fault as Downes shouldn’t have played it too him with opposition so close to him.

His positioning isn’t great, he’s very flat footed and slow in a stop start, his reading of the game needs to massively improve and previously he his spent more time jostling and arguing with opposition rather than just defending.

Positives are he has a good passing range and does play nice forward attacking balls to feet when he does venture forward and has time on his side. I’m hoping the more he plays the better he will become at the defending side of things which only experience brings
Kenlock, get off his back on 15:06 - Sep 1 with 1820 viewsGarv

I don't feel that's entirely fair regarding how long ago he made his debut. Until now he's never had a proper run (I'm classing January to now as a run) or a loan out to gain experience.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kenlock, get off his back on 15:16 - Sep 1 with 1793 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock, get off his back on 15:06 - Sep 1 by Garv

I don't feel that's entirely fair regarding how long ago he made his debut. Until now he's never had a proper run (I'm classing January to now as a run) or a loan out to gain experience.

He's played 66 times for Town now, he's not a total rookie. He doesn't seem to be improving either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock, get off his back on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 1734 viewsWonky

Weak link maybe, but he's no disaster.
Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock, get off his back on 15:37 - Sep 1 with 1731 viewsCoastalblue

Kenlock, get off his back on 14:42 - Sep 1 by yorkshire

Yesterday was his best game so far - I still think there is potential in him to improve - especially the defensive side of his game - he is an athlete and looks willing to get up and down the pitch

With KVY looking really shape on the other side then I wonder if teams will come with a plan to target Kenlock now - especially with Judge in front of him (who isn't a left sided player)

I think you're right with this. If you were the manager of our opponents you're going to look at our side and think about how you can get at us, he's the obvious place now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Kenlock, get off his back on 16:20 - Sep 1 with 1661 viewsDurovigutum

He's an OK player at this level and will do a good job for the season. When we go up he will need to be replaced, he is not a left back suitable for a championship side looking for promotion. There are a few players not good enough for that scenario, but yesterday he was a 6/10 in a team of 7/10 players and therefore perhaps our "worst" player. I quite like him, but he's better going forward than defending.
Kenlock, get off his back on 16:46 - Sep 1 with 1626 viewsStokieBlue

This is spot on.

He is hesitant in defence and overly conservative going forward. He gave it away twice through hestiancy near our box yesterday and he slows down nearly all the attacks down the left as he seems unsure what to do. He was running with the ball into the space already held by Georgiou and thus ended up with nowhere to go.

Maybe I'm being overly harsh but he's the main weak link in our team now. I think Garbutt will come in for him once fit and it'll improve us more.

I know he's from the academy but that shouldn't make a difference in assessing performances.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024