Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow, is this really illegal? 09:19 - Jun 6 with 8726 viewsBrixtonBlue

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:38 - Jun 6 with 1133 viewssparks

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:21 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

There are loads like it. This is only bothering poeople becasue of Cult of Boris, I suspect.

You think the average policeman is pro Boris and this government?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:46 - Jun 6 with 1119 viewssyntaxerror

Wow, is this really illegal? on 09:34 - Jun 6 by mos

She comes across as a pathetic waste of time.

I agree, the death penalty is too soft for these libtards… Bring back being hung drawn and quartered, that was when Britain was really great!
Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:48 - Jun 6 with 1112 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 11:57 - Jun 6 by FoD_Blue

I can clearly hear some music, is that her ringtone? It could have been cleverly edited over the video to give here a convenient excuse to end before the part where she says 'Sorry Officer' and zips up her jacket.
I neither fully support her or the Police in this video, but there are too many unknowns to be able to make an informed opinion.

Why would you think foul play? Why not just go with what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears? She was clearly going to be arrested if she didn't comply. I can't believe anyone can watch that video and think otherwise.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:50 - Jun 6 with 1105 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:15 - Jun 6 by pointofblue

Though there may be children at the protest? A couple of forum members have already said they were considering attending with the kids, or their children wanted to go.

I think if you're letting your children go to a protest (and during a pandemic) you have a lot more to worry about than a naughty word on a girl's t-shirt.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:53 - Jun 6 with 1100 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 11:46 - Jun 6 by sparks

Then you werent really worried about the situation :-) As this woman plainly wasnt.

Whether she was worried or not has no bearing on whether or not she was going to be arrested.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:13 - Jun 6 with 1087 viewssparks

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:48 - Jun 6 by BrixtonBlue

Why would you think foul play? Why not just go with what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears? She was clearly going to be arrested if she didn't comply. I can't believe anyone can watch that video and think otherwise.

Because she has posted this video to make some sort of point- and then makes a claim at odds with common sense, which relates to what happens afterwards.

If these officers were agressive and unpleasant- it might be a little different. But they really werent.

Ergo, the correct answer is "we dont know". The time to accept something is when we have the evidence for it. My firm inclination is that there was no real prospect of arrest unless she was unreasonable and arsey.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 13:13]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:22 - Jun 6 with 1068 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:13 - Jun 6 by sparks

Because she has posted this video to make some sort of point- and then makes a claim at odds with common sense, which relates to what happens afterwards.

If these officers were agressive and unpleasant- it might be a little different. But they really werent.

Ergo, the correct answer is "we dont know". The time to accept something is when we have the evidence for it. My firm inclination is that there was no real prospect of arrest unless she was unreasonable and arsey.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 13:13]

Her claim is not at odds to common sense. If the police tell you to do something and you refuse you're liable to be arrested - that's common sense.

Whether the police were unpleasant or not isn't the point. We're discussing if she was going to be arrested if she didn't comply, and whether that was justified for wearing a t-shirt.

It's interesting you've moved on from the offensiveness angle to a 'well they weren't going to arrest her anyway' one.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:23 - Jun 6 with 1066 viewsblueprint

Wow, is this really illegal? on 10:24 - Jun 6 by BrixtonBlue

Is that an arrestable offence now?

No but why film yourself and put it onto the internet?
Login to get fewer ads

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:26 - Jun 6 with 1060 viewsSpruceMoose

Cor. It's right rightybumpearlclutchfest in here.

Depressing the nonsense that people get worked up about considering what else is going on.

Dolly, not that it makes any difference, but I make you right.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 13:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:28 - Jun 6 with 1056 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:23 - Jun 6 by blueprint

No but why film yourself and put it onto the internet?

To show the ridiculousness of it all? If the police hadn't stopped her there would be no film.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:28 - Jun 6 with 1055 viewsSpruceMoose

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:38 - Jun 6 by sparks

You think the average policeman is pro Boris and this government?

Lol! You think they're more likely to be lefty pro-BLM? Honestly Bully, you don't half get lost in the weeds sometimes while the main point goes floating by overhead!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:38 - Jun 6 with 1042 viewssparks

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:28 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Lol! You think they're more likely to be lefty pro-BLM? Honestly Bully, you don't half get lost in the weeds sometimes while the main point goes floating by overhead!

I cant speak for the US, but have you seen how the home secretry is greeted by the police confederation?

I know more than one police officer. I dont know one who is remotely supportive of either Trump or Boris.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 13:44 - Jun 6 with 1036 viewsjaykay

strange people saying its ok to have a tee shirt saying feck you in public is not offensive, but get upset if they are called names on a private forum.
if i didnt like someone and wore a t. shirt saying your mother is a c@nt , i would expect a smack in the face. but then maybe not as they are just words

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:07 - Jun 6 with 1013 viewsRyorry

Wow, is this really illegal? on 11:12 - Jun 6 by bluelagos

"Bolocks to Boris" would clearly be legal (Sex Pistols test case), get the point across of your views on BJ and also upset Boris supporters.

What's not to like?

Well if kids are going to see it, you should spell 'boll*ocks' correctly, awright?

Or the colloquial alternative 'boll*ox'.

Some people might alo insist on a capital 'B', so

Boll*ocks
boll*ocks
Boll*ox
boll*ox

*Edited owing to Gav's swear filter being Old Skool
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 14:07]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:20 - Jun 6 with 1001 viewsjeera

She soon used the 'triggered' word for herself though, with no regard of how F*CK in bold letters might 'trigger' something in someone else.

Hey, maybe a kid who's suffered an abusive home would be triggered by that.

It's not necessary really and as others have said she needs to do away with the attention seeking. I'd understand if she was 14. She was all whiny for the sake of it.

Wear it on your march, sure, but just zip your top up for the walk home. It's no big deal.

When you compare the videos of the US right now with innocent people getting the sh!t kicked out of them does she have to make such a fuss out of a British bobby politely asking her to respect other members of the public?

No, of course not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:32 - Jun 6 with 983 viewssparks

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:20 - Jun 6 by jeera

She soon used the 'triggered' word for herself though, with no regard of how F*CK in bold letters might 'trigger' something in someone else.

It's not necessary really and as others have said she needs to do away with the attention seeking. I'd understand if she was 14. She was all whiny for the sake of it.

Wear it on your march, sure, but just zip your top up for the walk home. It's no big deal.

When you compare the videos of the US right now with innocent people getting the sh!t kicked out of them does she have to make such a fuss out of a British bobby politely asking her to respect other members of the public?

No, of course not.

Indeed- and she posted the video as some sort of attention seeking "look Im being opressed" nonsense.

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:33 - Jun 6 with 981 viewsNewcyBlue

Wow, is this really illegal? on 12:50 - Jun 6 by BrixtonBlue

I think if you're letting your children go to a protest (and during a pandemic) you have a lot more to worry about than a naughty word on a girl's t-shirt.

I’ve taken Seb to an Anti-Pegida demo. It was a counter protest type thing to when Pegida were doing a march.

It was a good learning opportunity for Seb. We’ve also been to some pride events, and he’s had a look round the local mosque.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Wow, is this really illegal? on 21:25 - Jun 6 with 905 viewsWeWereZombies

Wow, is this really illegal? on 14:20 - Jun 6 by jeera

No, of course not.

Quite, the copper took the time to use whatever is the police equivalent of Google and read out the exact wording of the act in question. He may have seemed a bit exasperated by it but he was calm and collected throughout.

Compare that to the footage of the seventy five year old man pushed over and given a head injury by a phalanx of Buffalo police riot squad officers just because he approached them to make an appeal.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024