Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute farce 06:32 - Sep 16 with 10497 viewshomer_123

1,000 fans at football matches.

This Gov have lost the plot.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Absolute farce on 06:34 - Sep 16 with 4543 viewsDanTheMan

EDIT: Wrong section
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 8:08]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Absolute farce on 06:36 - Sep 16 with 4529 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 06:34 - Sep 16 by DanTheMan

Ohhh that's just brilliant isn't it....well done Government
👏

Absolute farce on 07:03 - Sep 16 with 4470 viewsDanTheMan

Absolute farce on 06:36 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Ohhh that's just brilliant isn't it....well done Government
👏

[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 8:09]

Absolute farce on 07:28 - Sep 16 with 4390 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's a pilot.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Absolute farce on 07:37 - Sep 16 with 4362 viewsSteve_M

Absolute farce on 06:34 - Sep 16 by DanTheMan

No "world beating" though?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seems to be morphing into a thread for the GENERAL section. on 07:39 - Sep 16 with 4357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Absolute farce on 07:03 - Sep 16 by DanTheMan

[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 8:09]

Politics post with little to do with football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Absolute farce on 07:55 - Sep 16 with 4302 viewsitfcjoe

A decent start, but needs to ramp up quickly bearing in mind non league games are having capacities of 600 already

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Seems to be morphing into a thread for the GENERAL section. on 08:08 - Sep 16 with 4239 viewsDanTheMan

Seems to be morphing into a thread for the GENERAL section. on 07:39 - Sep 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Politics post with little to do with football.

Apologies, I'm on all and didn't realise this was in the football section.

Login to get fewer ads

Seems to be morphing into a thread for the GENERAL section. on 08:09 - Sep 16 with 4223 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Seems to be morphing into a thread for the GENERAL section. on 08:08 - Sep 16 by DanTheMan

Apologies, I'm on all and didn't realise this was in the football section.

No worries, easily done in that case.

Absolute farce on 08:16 - Sep 16 with 4189 viewsHerbivore

I'm not sure why they are ramping up reopening society when cases are on the rise and test, track, and trace has essentially collapsed. Madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolute farce on 08:19 - Sep 16 with 4170 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolute farce on 08:16 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

I'm not sure why they are ramping up reopening society when cases are on the rise and test, track, and trace has essentially collapsed. Madness.

And the football industry pleading poverty to the Government. Do me a favour.

Football has billions in the industry. It's football's fault that the distribution of the money is so unequal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Absolute farce on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 4167 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 08:16 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

Indeed Herbs....the complete contradiction we are seeing from the Government on this is beyond laughable.

Given the stark rises in cases, the fact that we have seen numerous entire year groups already being told to isolate, on what planet do the Gov think getting a thousand people to a football match is a 'good' idea.

Absolute farce on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 4167 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 07:55 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

A decent start, but needs to ramp up quickly bearing in mind non league games are having capacities of 600 already

No Joe, not a decent start - it shouldn't be happening at all.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 8:22]

Absolute farce on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 4165 viewsgordon

Dreamt I'd paid iFollow to watch us play a midweek game away at Luton and the Kenny was packed to the rafters, brilliant atmosphere. So it can be done.
Absolute farce on 08:26 - Sep 16 with 4134 viewsHerbivore

Absolute farce on 08:20 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Indeed Herbs....the complete contradiction we are seeing from the Government on this is beyond laughable.

Given the stark rises in cases, the fact that we have seen numerous entire year groups already being told to isolate, on what planet do the Gov think getting a thousand people to a football match is a 'good' idea.

It's completely irresponsible. They simply ignore anything bad - rising case numbers, no tests in many parts of the country, schools already facing issues - and just plough on regardless as though we're still getting low case numbers each day and can afford to ease off a bit more. We're heading for a second national lockdown at this rate and everything they government is doing will speed that up rather than prevent it. Bunch of clowns. No wonder they are desperate to get people worked up over Brexit again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Absolute farce on 08:32 - Sep 16 with 4112 viewsitfcjoe

Absolute farce on 08:20 - Sep 16 by homer_123

No Joe, not a decent start - it shouldn't be happening at all.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 8:22]

If I can go and stand and watch Felixswtowe and Walton, or Needham Market, or Lowestoft, and socially distance outdoors very comfortably - all of which I've done in recent weeks - then there is no reason I can't do the same at ITFC.

Absolute farce on 08:39 - Sep 16 with 4074 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 08:32 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

If I can go and stand and watch Felixswtowe and Walton, or Needham Market, or Lowestoft, and socially distance outdoors very comfortably - all of which I've done in recent weeks - then there is no reason I can't do the same at ITFC.

Joe - two observations, you might be socially distancing but it is patently clear others are not. There is strong evidence to suggest that the relaxation on restrictions is have a direct impact on Covid cases and what may potentially follow.

For example, the Govs eat out scheme is looking increasingly like a major cause of the current spike (along with other relaxations) - certainly the opening of schools and the return to work will also have a major impact as well.

Given the utter lack of testing at the moment, why on earth is it a good idea to open things up even more?

Absolute farce on 09:00 - Sep 16 with 3960 viewsitfcjoe

Absolute farce on 08:39 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Joe - two observations, you might be socially distancing but it is patently clear others are not. There is strong evidence to suggest that the relaxation on restrictions is have a direct impact on Covid cases and what may potentially follow.

For example, the Govs eat out scheme is looking increasingly like a major cause of the current spike (along with other relaxations) - certainly the opening of schools and the return to work will also have a major impact as well.

Given the utter lack of testing at the moment, why on earth is it a good idea to open things up even more?

When the Government are pushing schemes that any one can see a far more dangerous - i.e. looking to enclose people in buildings (workplace, school, restaurant), public transport whilst continuing to make exceptions for outdoor activities. Then the outdoor activities should at least be consistent.

At some point everything needs to re-open - these blanket decisions by the Govt are nonsensical - a pub with no outdoor area or ability to socially distance in can be open, whereas giant football stadiums with thousands of seats where social distancing is easy can't open because it falls under a certain bracket

Absolute farce on 09:07 - Sep 16 with 3925 viewsMonkeyAlan

It's better than none. They have to start somewhere. A few at the beginning so the club, stewards and ground supervisors can sort out any problems whilst there arnt too many people to deal with.
Absolute farce on 09:08 - Sep 16 with 3920 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 09:00 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

When the Government are pushing schemes that any one can see a far more dangerous - i.e. looking to enclose people in buildings (workplace, school, restaurant), public transport whilst continuing to make exceptions for outdoor activities. Then the outdoor activities should at least be consistent.

At some point everything needs to re-open - these blanket decisions by the Govt are nonsensical - a pub with no outdoor area or ability to socially distance in can be open, whereas giant football stadiums with thousands of seats where social distancing is easy can't open because it falls under a certain bracket

Joe - it's not the fact the the stadia are open.

Consider how many people would use public transport to get to PR or the fact that the allow supporters to attend means tying up emergency services onsite.

"At some point everything needs to re-open..." - actually, maybe they don't? Maybe we need to change and accept that things will be different and there is a good reason for that.

EDIT: I agree that more dangerous things are being pushed by the way.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 9:09]

Absolute farce on 09:10 - Sep 16 with 3900 viewshomer_123

Absolute farce on 09:07 - Sep 16 by MonkeyAlan

It's better than none. They have to start somewhere. A few at the beginning so the club, stewards and ground supervisors can sort out any problems whilst there arnt too many people to deal with.

As I posted below in response to Joe - is now the right time to get people back using public transport in large numbers for a 'social' event such as football.

Tying up emergency services to facilitate a football match?

Maybe things actually do need to change.

Absolute farce on 09:12 - Sep 16 with 3886 viewsSomethingBlue

Absolute farce on 09:08 - Sep 16 by homer_123

Joe - it's not the fact the the stadia are open.

Consider how many people would use public transport to get to PR or the fact that the allow supporters to attend means tying up emergency services onsite.

"At some point everything needs to re-open..." - actually, maybe they don't? Maybe we need to change and accept that things will be different and there is a good reason for that.

EDIT: I agree that more dangerous things are being pushed by the way.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 9:09]

Football-wise there also needs to be a balancing of the risk of catching Covid in an outdoors setting (bearing in mind too that the most susceptible to serious illness will still mainly stay at home) vs the damage to thousands of livelihoods, and the attendant financial/serious health issues that would arise, when clubs go under which is what will happen. The wider impact on communities too. Covid is no joke but nor is this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Absolute farce on 09:21 - Sep 16 with 3848 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sh*t. How are we supposed to find that many?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Absolute farce on 09:22 - Sep 16 with 3847 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely agree with this. Do we want to actually get a grip on this virus so we can return to normal asap or not?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Absolute farce on 09:25 - Sep 16 with 3827 viewshaynes_toe1

It's pathetic. So contradictory too. I understand everyone misses going to football but long term this is likely to restrict us for longer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024