Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON 10:35 - Dec 27 with 2298 viewsSitfcB

When will we find out for sure?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 10:37 - Dec 27 with 2289 viewsPhilTWTD

Squads are being announced in dribs and drabs, I saw one was announced yesterday, so must be close.
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:32 - Dec 27 with 2053 viewsSomethingBlue

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 10:37 - Dec 27 by PhilTWTD

Squads are being announced in dribs and drabs, I saw one was announced yesterday, so must be close.

Think the deadline is the 3rd, so next Wednesday. Have to admit I don't have a great feeling about this but it's based on nothing more than a hunch.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:36 - Dec 27 with 2019 viewsHerbivore

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:32 - Dec 27 by SomethingBlue

Think the deadline is the 3rd, so next Wednesday. Have to admit I don't have a great feeling about this but it's based on nothing more than a hunch.

It's based on a lifetime of being a Town fan and repeated experience of anything that can possibly go wrong going wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:36 - Dec 27 with 2010 viewsParisBlue

Worth collecting that 10th yellow against Stoke then?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:37 - Dec 27 with 1993 viewsbackwaywhen

Double edged sword unfortunately, the better he plays for us and picking up mom nominations the more they sit up and take notice …. IMHO I think he will not be going , sad for Sam but good for us .
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:43 - Dec 27 with 1955 viewsITFCBlues

Would seem odd that he'd miss out on the last 2 squads and then make the final one...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:43 - Dec 27 with 1952 viewsPhilTWTD

The increase in squad numbers could potentially be bad news for us, but it would still surprise me a bit due to his lack of calls in the previous two international breaks.
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:47 - Dec 27 with 1915 viewstextbackup

Would our captain honestly want to miss out on a promotion challenge to sit on the bench for a few weeks?
Would be a strange one, considering Mass retired so he was here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:51 - Dec 27 with 1851 viewsSitfcB

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:47 - Dec 27 by textbackup

Would our captain honestly want to miss out on a promotion challenge to sit on the bench for a few weeks?

He loves his country though, I think he’d go, unfortunately.

COYB

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:52 - Dec 27 with 1846 viewsSitfcB

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:36 - Dec 27 by Herbivore

It's based on a lifetime of being a Town fan and repeated experience of anything that can possibly go wrong going wrong.

Yeah, this.

COYB

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:54 - Dec 27 with 1821 viewsTrequartista

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:51 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

His country is the UK, but agree he would go if called up.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:59 - Dec 27 with 1765 viewsFrimleyBlue

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:51 - Dec 27 by SitfcB

You'd imagine if he had no desire to do it, he'd have retired from international football when he kept being selected then deselected.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 13:04 - Dec 27 with 1731 viewsClutch

I find it weird he's not retired from international football, he's not getting picked and it could be his biggest achievement getting promotion.

I think it means loads to his family though, from reading interviews.
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 13:30 - Dec 27 with 1635 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:47 - Dec 27 by textbackup

Chance to win some major silverware.
Pride of wearing your countries shirt and being part of a major tournament
Play alongside one of the best players in the world (Salah)
Possibly last opportunity to represent your country

I think if I was in his shoes I’d be itching to get on the plane. Frustrating as it is for us.

That said I’m not convinced he’ll make the squad
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 14:44 - Dec 27 with 1429 viewsReusersTown

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 12:59 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

You'd imagine if he had no desire to do it, he'd have retired from international football when he kept being selected then deselected.

That is entirely different from saying he loves his country though! Wanting to play international football. As the other poster has said he's from Wolverhampton.
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 15:35 - Dec 27 with 1248 viewsHalifaxBlue

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 14:44 - Dec 27 by ReusersTown

That is entirely different from saying he loves his country though! Wanting to play international football. As the other poster has said he's from Wolverhampton.

He's spoken at length about how he loves representing Egypt due to it keeping him close to his roots and his fathers side of the family. His Egyptian background is very important to him. I think even on this site it's been reported. This is just ignorant.

Yourself and the above poster have no business suggesting it is just because he wants to play international football - it clearly isn't. Take it from someone born in Canada to an English parent - it is very possible to feel more attachment to a parent's nation than your nation of birth.

By your logic, any Brit born overseas doesn't truly do anything out of desire to represent Britain/England/Wales/Scotland/NI. Hope you are prepared to make that accusation of a LOT of our greatest sportspeople and cultural icons. Ridiculous.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 17:20 - Dec 27 with 1052 viewsReusersTown

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 15:35 - Dec 27 by HalifaxBlue

He's spoken at length about how he loves representing Egypt due to it keeping him close to his roots and his fathers side of the family. His Egyptian background is very important to him. I think even on this site it's been reported. This is just ignorant.

Yourself and the above poster have no business suggesting it is just because he wants to play international football - it clearly isn't. Take it from someone born in Canada to an English parent - it is very possible to feel more attachment to a parent's nation than your nation of birth.

By your logic, any Brit born overseas doesn't truly do anything out of desire to represent Britain/England/Wales/Scotland/NI. Hope you are prepared to make that accusation of a LOT of our greatest sportspeople and cultural icons. Ridiculous.

Whilst a lot of what you have said is fair and true it still doesn't make it his country. I also haven't suggested that it is 'just' because he wants to play international football, that is you projecting.
Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 18:10 - Dec 27 with 912 viewsHalifaxBlue

Got a bad feeling Morsy is going to AFCON on 17:20 - Dec 27 by ReusersTown

Whilst a lot of what you have said is fair and true it still doesn't make it his country. I also haven't suggested that it is 'just' because he wants to play international football, that is you projecting.

I think if you have a parent from a country and represent it internationally you have a reasonable claim to call it your country. If he is nationalized/a citizen then he absolutely can, but I can't verify he is even if I suspect it is the case.

Fair enough on your last point.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024