Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent 10:37 - Nov 21 with 3298 viewsIllinoisblue

Just upgraded from an iPhone 7 and wow, what a difference

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:38 - Nov 21 with 1972 viewsBluefish

Probably catching up with the Samsung s7 or s8

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:39 - Nov 21 with 1970 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We're up to iPhone 12 now?! Jesus.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:46 - Nov 21 with 1945 viewsMullet

I went from a 6s to an 11 last week and agree. The jump in quality etc is impressive probably as I’m a Luddite, and also I’m getting 2year old tech 3 years apart!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:50 - Nov 21 with 1928 viewsIllinoisblue

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:38 - Nov 21 by Bluefish

Probably catching up with the Samsung s7 or s8

Samsung make very good TVs

62 - 78 - 81

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:51 - Nov 21 with 1931 viewslongtimefan

I think it’s a common theme through the generations. I’ve had a 4, 5s and most recently an 8, and for each iteration the most obvious improvement is the camera quality
The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:56 - Nov 21 with 1908 viewsIllinoisblue

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:51 - Nov 21 by longtimefan

I think it’s a common theme through the generations. I’ve had a 4, 5s and most recently an 8, and for each iteration the most obvious improvement is the camera quality

So very noticeable when jumping three or four models too.

62 - 78 - 81

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:56 - Nov 21 with 1909 viewsTrequartista

Doesn't matter it is all one big money-making con.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:01 - Nov 21 with 1894 viewsIllinoisblue

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:56 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Go on...

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:05 - Nov 21 with 1889 viewsBluefish

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:01 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Go on...

I think he is saying that when we buy stuff the people that make it make money from us. Groundbreaking stuff

He is also saying they deliberately makes things improve so we buy more. Who knew hey?

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:09 - Nov 21 with 1893 viewsTrequartista

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:01 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Go on...

In five years time your iPhone12 which you've paid hundreds of pounds for will be "out of date" even though it will be in perfect working order. I have a phone that came out 6 years ago and i can't even load the nhs tracing app onto it.

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:21 - Nov 21 with 1856 viewsIllinoisblue

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:09 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

In five years time your iPhone12 which you've paid hundreds of pounds for will be "out of date" even though it will be in perfect working order. I have a phone that came out 6 years ago and i can't even load the nhs tracing app onto it.

My five year old iPad is pretty much useless now. As are a pair of shoes I bought five years ago. Buy use replace. It’s what we do.

62 - 78 - 81

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:24 - Nov 21 with 1846 viewsTrequartista

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:21 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

My five year old iPad is pretty much useless now. As are a pair of shoes I bought five years ago. Buy use replace. It’s what we do.

Your shoes are physically worn out, the chips and circuit board inside your iPad are in perfect working order.

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:38 - Nov 21 with 1826 viewsGuthrum

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:09 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Built in obsolescence is a marketing ploy, yes, but it is also a way to advance technology at a faster rate than sheer equipment failure would allow.

Some of the first generation of steam-powered water pumps were still working a hundred years later. Great, but by that time, they were a lot less powerful and efficient than more recent models. It seems worse with electronic/IT gadgets, but that is because the pace of change is still very rapid in what is quite new technology.

This speaking as someone who has fairly recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to an S7 - both second hand.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 12:09 - Nov 21 with 1791 viewsSuperblue95

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:39 - Nov 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

We're up to iPhone 12 now?! Jesus.

Think I’m still on a 6. Halfway there I guess

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 12:16 - Nov 21 with 1785 viewswoiii

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:21 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

That's bad for the environment. I'm still on an iphone 6s+ and refuse to upgrade until the thing dies. Plus points are I've still got a headphone socket, I only pay £17 a month now for 150gig data, and it's got a proper button on the front.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:17]
The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 12:42 - Nov 21 with 1754 viewsTrequartista

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:38 - Nov 21 by Guthrum

Built in obsolescence is a marketing ploy, yes, but it is also a way to advance technology at a faster rate than sheer equipment failure would allow.

Some of the first generation of steam-powered water pumps were still working a hundred years later. Great, but by that time, they were a lot less powerful and efficient than more recent models. It seems worse with electronic/IT gadgets, but that is because the pace of change is still very rapid in what is quite new technology.

This speaking as someone who has fairly recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to an S7 - both second hand.

I've got no problem with them bringing out new versions with technological advances at all, if people want to buy them - it is the abandoning of previous versions that are only a few years old, forcing to people to buy the latest versions that i object to. (I presume that is what you mean by built in obsolescence).

And don't get me started on those flimsy, overpriced charging leads.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 12:43]

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:06 - Nov 21 with 1720 viewsIllinoisblue

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 11:24 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Your shoes are physically worn out, the chips and circuit board inside your iPad are in perfect working order.

I’ll admit it was a slightly silly comparison. The chips may still work but if they can’t process new apps then are they fit for purpose?

62 - 78 - 81

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 1711 viewsSpruceMoose

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 10:56 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Bit of a woke take, mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:10 - Nov 21 with 1707 viewsBluefish

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:06 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

I’ll admit it was a slightly silly comparison. The chips may still work but if they can’t process new apps then are they fit for purpose?

He is going on the basis that they can process the apps but apple don't let them. It simply isn't true, Apple lost in court and are not allowed to still make their phones deliberately obsolete. It is no different to what laptops and PCs have been doing for years. I'm sure plenty of old amstrads have working chips inside but they aren't going to be a lot of use for my Teams calls

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:18 - Nov 21 with 1691 viewsTrequartista

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:06 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Well let's take the nhs test and trace as an example. I haven't seen the app, but is it really such a technological miracle that it couldn't have been made backwardly compatable for an iPhone6? It should just be a basic screen based menu driven app with some gps and connection to a database in it. What bleeding edge technology was absolutely necessary in this app that the latest apple product of 6 years ago couldn't handle? I suppose the developers should share some blame in this example.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 13:18]

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:51 - Nov 21 with 1641 viewsDanTheMan

That's because it probably uses bluetooth features that are not available on older software.

Making everything backwards compatible for years and years and years causes all kinds of technical issues.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:55 - Nov 21 with 1636 viewsSpruceMoose

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:51 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

That's because it probably uses bluetooth features that are not available on older software.

Making everything backwards compatible for years and years and years causes all kinds of technical issues.

Can't believe I couldn't play RDR2 on my Commodore 64. What a rip off.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 14:19 - Nov 21 with 1595 viewstonybied

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:18 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

Well let's take the nhs test and trace as an example. I haven't seen the app, but is it really such a technological miracle that it couldn't have been made backwardly compatable for an iPhone6? It should just be a basic screen based menu driven app with some gps and connection to a database in it. What bleeding edge technology was absolutely necessary in this app that the latest apple product of 6 years ago couldn't handle? I suppose the developers should share some blame in this example.

I suspect it doesn't work on an iPhone 6 as the version of iOS that the iPhone 6 runs is not recent enough.

You can't expect apple to carry on rolling out every version of their operating system for every iteration of phone they have made because Geoff down the pub still owns an iPhone 4 and he says it's unfair to him.

Tech firms pump millions and some even billions in R&D this has to be paid for somehow. Also there are not enough people that actually own an iPhone 6 or below nowadays for apple to warrant development of new operating systems for those devices.

That's just how technology works, move with the times or get left behind.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 14:24]
The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 14:21 - Nov 21 with 1590 viewsDanTheMan

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 13:18 - Nov 21 by Trequartista

"What bleeding edge technology was absolutely necessary in this app that the latest apple product of 6 years ago couldn't handle"

Bluetooth low energy? Feck me, try doing even the smallest amount of research.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 14:25 - Nov 21 with 1572 viewsSpruceMoose

The camera on the iPhone 12 is quite excellent on 14:21 - Nov 21 by DanTheMan

"What bleeding edge technology was absolutely necessary in this app that the latest apple product of 6 years ago couldn't handle"

Bluetooth low energy? Feck me, try doing even the smallest amount of research.

Why do research when you can do the online equivalent of spouting off confidently before leaning back on the bar Del Boy style?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024