Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) 13:00 - Dec 11 with 2146 viewsKeno

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:01 - Dec 11 with 2006 viewsVic

Too many broken legs to still be playing I’m afraid.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:03 - Dec 11 with 1998 viewsKeno

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:01 - Dec 11 by Vic

Too many broken legs to still be playing I’m afraid.

haha, I trod on my goalkeeper once

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:12 - Dec 11 with 1968 viewsbluelagos

Gonna be a bit too tall I reckon.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:35 - Dec 11 with 1939 viewsBlueBoots

Used to play a lot when I was a kid, but I gave it the flick...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:49 - Dec 11 with 1928 viewsScuzzer

Still got my original pitch and teams. Haven't played with it for donkeys years as my kids are all grown up now. Sadly the goals are a bit beat up.

Established 1968

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 14:15 - Dec 11 with 1898 viewseireblue

Nah, grew up into a Weeble.
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 14:18 - Dec 11 with 1894 viewsjimsymBLUE

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 13:03 - Dec 11 by Keno

haha, I trod on my goalkeeper once

Seem to remember Clive Baker falling foul of that on occasion.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 14:43 - Dec 11 with 1870 viewsFtnfwest

all gone now but the empire extended to having a main stand with a few (as it happens) socially distanced fans in it
Login to get fewer ads

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 14:52 - Dec 11 with 1860 viewsSwansea_Blue

Does having a box of the stuff in the garage count? I did get a team in our last orange away kit that looks rather smart, but the rest of my stuff dates back to the 80s.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 15:08 - Dec 11 with 1847 viewsChrisd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo8nywIW4AIDjV0?format=jpg&name=large

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 15:37 - Dec 11 with 1808 viewsBluespeed225

Pretty much ruled my life in early 70’s! The World Cup Edition was a thing of beauty. The England 75’ kit in special box, ooh mamma.
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 1765 viewsFtnfwest

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 15:08 - Dec 11 by Chrisd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo8nywIW4AIDjV0?format=jpg&name=large

that peru kit looks as good in subbuteo as real life
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:33 - Dec 11 with 1716 viewsAlexGreen

If you have any subbuteo fans and don't have a Christmas idea for them, this is a good one!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/711940474/ipswich-town-1978-subbuteo-print

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 08:55 - Dec 12 with 1567 viewscbower

I had Subutteo with stands, floodlights and about 10 teams but always preferred my Super Striker where you pressed their heads and they actually kicked the ball and the goalies went from a standing position to a full dive. Anyone else have this?

bluescouser

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 09:12 - Dec 12 with 1549 viewsTractorWood

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 08:55 - Dec 12 by cbower

I had Subutteo with stands, floodlights and about 10 teams but always preferred my Super Striker where you pressed their heads and they actually kicked the ball and the goalies went from a standing position to a full dive. Anyone else have this?

No but a buddy did and it was class.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 15:36 - Dec 14 with 1426 viewsBluish

Son’s Ipswich team arrived today in time for Christmas, but they’re shipping these without a midfield and forwards now.
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 16:27 - Dec 14 with 1379 viewsthorpedo

Was in an affiliated Felixstowe league in the 80's as a kid. Bobby Charlton was the Subbuteo chairman and I got a signed certificate from him for winning the league one year. I did have home advantage though as I had the Astroturf pitch instead of the usual cloth one. Just rolled it out instead of nailing it to chipboard! And we all had to flick and not push!

Thorpedo

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:51 - Dec 14 with 1328 viewsjeera

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 08:55 - Dec 12 by cbower

Yeah I had both too, but they were so different they couldn't really be compared.

Also I snapped a few heads off the Super Striker players by being over zealous.

Then sometimes the leg would stick and not kick, you'd go to tap it to unstick it and then it would kick the ball across the room.

It was still fun though.

My mate was a Subbuteo nut who would bring his own 'away' following along with him on a visit to fill a section of the home stands.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:52 - Dec 14 with 1325 viewsSpruceMoose

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:51 - Dec 14 by jeera

Yeah I had both too, but they were so different they couldn't really be compared.

Also I snapped a few heads off the Super Striker players by being over zealous.

Then sometimes the leg would stick and not kick, you'd go to tap it to unstick it and then it would kick the ball across the room.

It was still fun though.

My mate was a Subbuteo nut who would bring his own 'away' following along with him on a visit to fill a section of the home stands.

You weren't a true Subbuteo nut unless you had the special policeman/streaker/dog on the pitch figure set.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 1319 viewsfooters

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:52 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

You weren't a true Subbuteo nut unless you had the special policeman/streaker/dog on the pitch figure set.

Whatever happened to the noble streaker? It's a shame these days when you hear commentators calling them idiots who are ruining things. Maybe there was an EU law against it, who knows.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:55 - Dec 14 with 1317 viewsjeera

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:52 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

If those existed, he had them.

And talcum powder for the winter games of course.

It was a bit irritating if you'd cycled all the way to his home to find the match had been called off though.

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:55 - Dec 14 with 1314 viewsSpruceMoose

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:54 - Dec 14 by footers

Whatever happened to the noble streaker? It's a shame these days when you hear commentators calling them idiots who are ruining things. Maybe there was an EU law against it, who knows.

Climate change has made the weather too unpredictable. What starts off as a bit of fun can all too soon turn into a frostbitten old boy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 09:28 - Dec 15 with 1211 viewsTrumptonBlue

I've been selling my old Subbuteo teams on ebay over the last few weeks. All have sold, some for surprisingly decent amounts.

I have ten teams up for sale this week, and I've had bids on all but one of them. The only unwanted team? Norwich City. Ha.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 9:43]
Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 09:40 - Dec 15 with 1196 viewshoppy

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 17:55 - Dec 14 by jeera

If those existed, he had them.

And talcum powder for the winter games of course.

It was a bit irritating if you'd cycled all the way to his home to find the match had been called off though.

Did he shovel the talc off to clear the lines and use an orange ball?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 10:45 - Dec 15 with 1159 viewsjeera

Any of you lot still subbuteo players? (n/t) on 09:40 - Dec 15 by hoppy

Did he shovel the talc off to clear the lines and use an orange ball?

Yes. That's precisely what he did.

I'm beginning to think you might know him.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 10:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024