Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star wars saver 21:24 - Dec 24 with 8189 viewshampstead_blue

Don't. Worry, it's rubbish. The end.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Star wars saver on 21:35 - Dec 24 with 8172 viewsfactual_blue

Well, the clue is it being a Star Wars movie.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Star wars saver on 21:49 - Dec 24 with 8162 viewshampstead_blue

Star wars saver on 21:35 - Dec 24 by factual_blue

Well, the clue is it being a Star Wars movie.

The romantic went and pragmatist came home.

I saw the first at the pictures when it first came out. My Mind was blown.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Star wars saver on 22:41 - Dec 24 with 8099 viewsdavblue

Whilst I’m not convinced everything worked it wasn’t a bog standard Star Wars film and was certainly braver than the force awakens.

It wasn’t rubbish though in my opinion, thought it was a good film. Need to watch it again though.
Star wars saver on 23:21 - Dec 24 with 8060 viewsbluelou

Star wars saver on 22:41 - Dec 24 by davblue

Whilst I’m not convinced everything worked it wasn’t a bog standard Star Wars film and was certainly braver than the force awakens.

It wasn’t rubbish though in my opinion, thought it was a good film. Need to watch it again though.

You're wrong. It was an absolute shocker. Just awful.
TFA had a lot of faults but it managed to get away with them by keeping the pace up and teasing the audience with some new characters and lore

The Last jedi took that, did a sh@t on it, set the sh@t alight then rolled around in flaming hot sh@t for three hours.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Star wars saver on 00:05 - Dec 25 with 8017 viewsCoastalblue

I liked it and much preferred it to The Force Awakens which verged on being a remake. It was quite un Star Warsy in a number of ways and personally I thought it benefitted from that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Star wars saver on 02:48 - Dec 25 with 7961 viewsSwansea_Blue

Star wars saver on 00:05 - Dec 25 by Coastalblue

I liked it and much preferred it to The Force Awakens which verged on being a remake. It was quite un Star Warsy in a number of ways and personally I thought it benefitted from that.

Therein lies the problem I suspect. Given Star Wars' cult status, something un Star Warsy is unlikely to go down well.

Not that I've seen it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Star wars saver on 09:21 - Dec 25 with 7866 viewsdavblue

Star wars saver on 23:21 - Dec 24 by bluelou

You're wrong. It was an absolute shocker. Just awful.
TFA had a lot of faults but it managed to get away with them by keeping the pace up and teasing the audience with some new characters and lore

The Last jedi took that, did a sh@t on it, set the sh@t alight then rolled around in flaming hot sh@t for three hours.

In your opinion I’m wrong.
Star wars saver on 11:29 - Dec 25 with 7807 viewsRamRob

Due to it being so polarising in that there are just as many people loving it than hating it, and many more people who have watched it and thought it's just alright - I wouldn't put any stock on what other people think about the film, just go see it if you want to and make your own mind up about it. There are some great scenes in it even if you don't like the story.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Login to get fewer ads

Star wars saver on 16:16 - Dec 25 with 7744 viewsTJS

Let's be honest all Star Wars films are essentially for kids.
Star wars saver on 17:28 - Dec 25 with 7718 viewsazuremerlangus

Star wars saver on 21:49 - Dec 24 by hampstead_blue

The romantic went and pragmatist came home.

I saw the first at the pictures when it first came out. My Mind was blown.

Same here - the first one on the big screen was staggeringly brilliant for my 10 year mind. By the time the second one came out I'd moved onto more grown up films and have not really clutched back into the franchise since.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Star wars saver on 17:29 - Dec 25 with 7718 viewsbluelou

Star wars saver on 09:21 - Dec 25 by davblue

In your opinion I’m wrong.

With an audience score of 52%, the lowest of all the Star Wars films including Phantom Menace, I'd argue it's more than just my opinion.

But it's fine, I'm glad you enjoyed it. My nephew did too.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Star wars saver on 02:42 - Dec 26 with 7565 viewsIPS_wich

Star wars saver on 17:29 - Dec 25 by bluelou

With an audience score of 52%, the lowest of all the Star Wars films including Phantom Menace, I'd argue it's more than just my opinion.

But it's fine, I'm glad you enjoyed it. My nephew did too.

It's polarising. I'm reserving judgement until the second viewing, but I'm a Star Wars nut and have a sneaking suspicion that it was very average, with some great and some sh1te bits.

My wife however, who quite likes Star Wars says it's the best one she's ever seen.

Not a patch on Rogue One.
on 08:03 - Dec 26 with 7518 views_

Star wars saver on 02:42 - Dec 26 by IPS_wich

It's polarising. I'm reserving judgement until the second viewing, but I'm a Star Wars nut and have a sneaking suspicion that it was very average, with some great and some sh1te bits.

My wife however, who quite likes Star Wars says it's the best one she's ever seen.

Not a patch on Rogue One.

Star wars saver on 13:16 - Dec 26 with 7443 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

They’re all total shiite aren’t they, except for the first three half-decent films? (and Return of the Jedi was only average).

The only ones I’ve seen all the way through are phantom menace and the force awakens which were both terrible, but I’ve watched segments of the others are they always seem dreary and don’t pull you in. My opinion is if you have to try and make yourself like something it’s obvious crap
Star wars saver on 16:35 - Dec 26 with 7377 viewsgt81

I got roped into seeing it. I concur, it's awful.

I'm not a big fan of the frachise and saw nothing to change my mind. Not even a good Star Wars film, let alone a good film in general.
Star wars saver on 20:19 - Dec 26 with 7305 viewsGeoffSentence

I liked it. I am not much of a star wars buff though, the only other ones I have seen are the first one, the one with Princess Leia as a slave and the one with some fluffy things in the forest.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 21:47 - Dec 26 with 7268 views_

Star wars saver on 20:19 - Dec 26 by GeoffSentence

I liked it. I am not much of a star wars buff though, the only other ones I have seen are the first one, the one with Princess Leia as a slave and the one with some fluffy things in the forest.

Star wars saver on 10:15 - Dec 27 with 7179 viewsBerlinBlue

It's really quite poor, a real disappointment. And "that" bit didn't help...
Star wars saver on 10:47 - Dec 27 with 7159 viewsGeoffSentence

on 21:47 - Dec 26 by _

OK, well that shows how much attention I have paid to the franchise. What about the 'I am your father' one. I think I have seen that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 16:25 - Dec 27 with 7109 views_

Star wars saver on 10:47 - Dec 27 by GeoffSentence

OK, well that shows how much attention I have paid to the franchise. What about the 'I am your father' one. I think I have seen that.

Star wars saver on 16:33 - Dec 27 with 7103 viewsDubtractor

Star wars saver on 20:19 - Dec 26 by GeoffSentence

I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I liked it too.

Sure there were some naff bits, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

And re the chap in this thread bemoaning the low audience score on rotten tomatoes - the critics score is 91% compared to 55% for the Phantom Menace. I would overwhelmingly refer to the critics score over the audience on RT. For example 75% of the audience thought Superman - Man of Steel was a good film!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Star wars saver on 16:59 - Dec 27 with 7083 viewsRamRob

Star wars saver on 16:33 - Dec 27 by Dubtractor

I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I liked it too.

Sure there were some naff bits, but overall I thought it was pretty good.

And re the chap in this thread bemoaning the low audience score on rotten tomatoes - the critics score is 91% compared to 55% for the Phantom Menace. I would overwhelmingly refer to the critics score over the audience on RT. For example 75% of the audience thought Superman - Man of Steel was a good film!

Plus going by that score there were still more people who liked it than hated it, so if you haven't seen it and you were thinking of going, just go watch it - you'll either hate it or like it as with any movie.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Star wars saver on 00:32 - Dec 28 with 7015 viewsNazemariner

It was too bloody long I know that much. Not great in all honesty. Some really good bits sandwiches between some utter tripe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024