Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test 06:36 - Jan 25 with 1734 viewsChrisd

Getting very interesting with wickets falling at regular intervals. Whatever England are set to chase, it’s going to be really tough on this wicket.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:49 - Jan 25 with 258 viewsReuser_is_God

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:46 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

To think people spent years telling us Buttler couldn't play red ball cricket. Admittedly he didn't help himself at times but that is an excellent innings.

A very good Test win.

Been excellent behind the stumps too.

Shame he's only going to play the 1st test in India. Appreciate he needs rest as he's an all format player & spending lots of time in a bubble etc but I can't help but think he'd be a crucial player for us in India. Hoping Foakes can step up.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:50 - Jan 25 with 253 viewsReuser_is_God

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:48 - Jan 25 by Herbivore

That was a great knock from him to be fair. Stayed in through the innings, kept the scoreboard ticking over, and let the more eye catching batsmen take a few risks to get the total down. Textbook run chase in the end really.

I know he only made 13 but Crawley looked to have a much better game plan against the left armer too.

Evans out

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:51 - Jan 25 with 251 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:49 - Jan 25 by Reuser_is_God

Been excellent behind the stumps too.

Shame he's only going to play the 1st test in India. Appreciate he needs rest as he's an all format player & spending lots of time in a bubble etc but I can't help but think he'd be a crucial player for us in India. Hoping Foakes can step up.

Hindsight I know but I think I would have given Foakes the two tests that have just gone and rested Buttler for the 4 in India.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:54 - Jan 25 with 241 viewsReuser_is_God

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:51 - Jan 25 by gainsboroughblue

Hindsight I know but I think I would have given Foakes the two tests that have just gone and rested Buttler for the 4 in India.

I'd want Buttler in my team in the sub continent.

I'd have rested him for few games over the summer coming up.

Evans out

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:56 - Jan 25 with 230 viewsgainsboroughblue

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:54 - Jan 25 by Reuser_is_God

I'd want Buttler in my team in the sub continent.

I'd have rested him for few games over the summer coming up.

Just realised I completely messed that sentence up. I meant played for the 4 tests in India not rested!

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:58 - Jan 25 with 224 viewsHerbivore

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:50 - Jan 25 by Reuser_is_God

I know he only made 13 but Crawley looked to have a much better game plan against the left armer too.

He did. He got a good ball. Probably needs to learn a bit more about judging length and when to go forward and when to go back, but there were encouraging signs from him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:58 - Jan 25 with 223 viewsReuser_is_God

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:56 - Jan 25 by gainsboroughblue

Just realised I completely messed that sentence up. I meant played for the 4 tests in India not rested!

Ha, I did think that!

That would've been a good option too.

Evans out

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 12:25 - Jan 25 with 196 viewsChrisd

Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test on 11:46 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

To think people spent years telling us Buttler couldn't play red ball cricket. Admittedly he didn't help himself at times but that is an excellent innings.

A very good Test win.

He’s improved in all areas. His glove work behind the stumps this series has been superb, along with the couple of solid innings where he has made runs too, he now looks the part in the test arena. He looks more comfortable with it too, which must be a huge part of the battle.

Terrific series win for England. Sri Lanka might not be the team of old, but they’ve still got some very talented players in their starting XI.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 12:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024