Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Incoming... 09:16 - Jul 30 with 5724 viewsKropotkin123

Interesting that yesterday Ashton said our transfer business isn't done yet. So I guess we can expect more.

PC said 4231 was his preference. He likes the adaptability. Sometimes we will need to play 2 up top (assumed 442).

Think the main areas of with this in mind would be

CM - Think we are currently asking too much of our CM and I don't know how much PC rates Nolan. If he rates Nolan and think he can get the Shrewsbury play-off final player out of him then I think this becomes less of a concern.

LB - No surprises here, we are on pause with Coulson, who would seem like a great addition at this level.

CB - Three players for one position at the moment and I think both Woolfenden and Nsiala are capable at this level. Personally I would prefer us to either bring in a stand-out defender, or wait until next year and just utilise the loan market if we need to. Quality over quantity for this position now. I don't believe there is a rush.

What do you think the priorities are?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 9:18]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

More Incoming... on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 446 viewsEireannach_gorm

More Incoming... on 10:08 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

If we assume Edmundson is a nailed on starter for us now, then it is him +1

I can still see Cook bringing in an experienced CB (32+) to offer some stability alongside the other CBs. Of course if he does, that means Nsiala and Woolfenden will need to accept their roles as back-up.

That's why I was surprised that we let Wilson go as well as Chambers. For me He was more dependable than Nsiala.
More Incoming... on 13:40 - Jul 30 with 395 viewsjayessess

More Incoming... on 12:33 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Ayr United. Think he needs a loan in league two or at another league one club.

Just seems incredible that people seem happy to gamble on a youngster or happy to play players out of position. Thankfully Cook seems to disagree. We should leave the seasons of inadequate cover to the Evans era.

Not sure what you'd prove in League 2 that you wouldn't prove in the Scottish Championship.

I don't think it's incredible that someone of Ndaba's profile would be 2nd reserve centre back for a good L1 team. There will be lots of similar players occupying squad roles across the league. Whether Ndaba specifically is up to it is a judgement call rather than some outrageous gamble.

I think "inadequate cover" is a strange criticism of last year's squad. We had a big, incoherent squad with no clear first team, something I hope we avoid this season. I'm not sure it's practical to recruit two teams worth of players who expect to play regularly, which is why we'll probably end up using some players' versatility and having some players who won't mind being on the fringes.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 13:44]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

More Incoming... on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 346 viewsJ2BLUE

More Incoming... on 13:40 - Jul 30 by jayessess

Not sure what you'd prove in League 2 that you wouldn't prove in the Scottish Championship.

I don't think it's incredible that someone of Ndaba's profile would be 2nd reserve centre back for a good L1 team. There will be lots of similar players occupying squad roles across the league. Whether Ndaba specifically is up to it is a judgement call rather than some outrageous gamble.

I think "inadequate cover" is a strange criticism of last year's squad. We had a big, incoherent squad with no clear first team, something I hope we avoid this season. I'm not sure it's practical to recruit two teams worth of players who expect to play regularly, which is why we'll probably end up using some players' versatility and having some players who won't mind being on the fringes.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 13:44]

Didn't say anything about last year. Was thinking more under MM when we frequently had 3 CBs or 6 defenders total.

Cook clearly doesn't see Ndaba as being good enough yet as he is looking for abother CB. Nothing against Ndaba at all but it really seems a no brainer to bring in an experienced CB. Most of the SPL is league one standard. The Scottish Championship is non league standard except for 1-2 sides.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024