Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I plagerised there's a light yesterday 09:49 - Jan 24 with 990 viewsPendejo

My father in law passed away yesterday morning, he was 93, so had a good innings, and liked whiskey.

Knowing his like of whiskey I poured some into a glass, put it and a bottle on a table, set a lamp behind it so there was a light sparkling in the middle of the glass. I Took a photo and WhatsApp 'd it to my in laws with a caption - "there's a light that never goes out" and added "the soul lives forever" all translated into Spanish and earned major brownie points with them.

Before this, as my wife had not seen her brother's message it fell to me to tell her, I couldn't, I found that shedding a tear and not being able to talk communicated the news we had been waiting for since before Christmas effectively enough. I didn't cry when my mum died or at her funeral yet did when Sir Alf, Sir Bobby, The Beat and Muhammad Ali died.

The father in law, Jose del Carmen Espejo, had been ill for some time and my wife had returned to Colombia twice in the last 5 years expecting to go to his funeral. He even had time to come to the UK for a second time in 2018, we took him to Scotland for a week during which we visited the Famous Grouse Experience, Glenturret Distillery.
We also took him to The Dome in Edinburgh, up and down Princes Street, all on a mobility scooter we bought for him and he took home to Bogota with him. I was amazed at how easy this was, thank you Avianca.

I'm coming up for the game Saturday, hopefully I can remember at 18:00 UK time to raise a glass of whiskey, as that's the time of his funeral.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 10:02 - Jan 24 with 913 viewsBlueBadger

Sorry for your loss old chap.

Yesterday we buried the last remaining member of my grandparents' generation in the family. Aunty Molly was 94 when she went. A remarkable lady - lost both parents by the age of 11, a single parent at 17(in 1942), grieving mother in 1949, married my Uncle Ralph in 1952 and went on to have a long and happy life, she'll be much missed by three generations of us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 842 viewsGuthrum

Best wishes to you and Mrs Pendejo.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 10:43 - Jan 24 with 825 viewsPendejo

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 10:34 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Best wishes to you and Mrs Pendejo.

Thanks, see you at Rovers in a few weeks

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 12:05 - Jan 24 with 736 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lovely gesture. Sorry for your loss Pendejo.

And I've only just realised what your user name means!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 12:40 - Jan 24 with 702 viewsPrideOfTheEast

That's lovely. Best wishes.
I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 687 viewsJohnny_Boy

Sorry to hear mate. Much love to your family & extended family in Colombia.
I plagerised there's a light yesterday on 13:05 - Jan 24 with 652 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sorry for tour loss mate. My condolences to you and Mrs Pendejo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024