Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very special match is taking place tonight... 11:26 - Nov 3 with 814 viewspointofblue

Wimbledon are finally returning to Plough Lane:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/03/afc-wimbledon-plough-lane-retur

After all they’ve been through it’s a fantastic story, especially as the stadium is funded by fans rather than a rich owner.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:32 - Nov 3 with 772 viewsSitfcB

*waits for ITFC_Forever*

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:33 - Nov 3 with 776 viewsITFC_Forever

Stadium thieving scumbags.

Any moral high-ground they might have had has long since gone. Done exactly to the previous sports at their new Plough Lane site as happened to them.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:33 - Nov 3 with 760 viewsITFC_Forever

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:32 - Nov 3 by SitfcB

*waits for ITFC_Forever*

Bang on cue....

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:34 - Nov 3 with 758 viewsmonty_radio

It's been a long journey for them. I remember when I watched them play Town at Selhurst Park (league cup, I think). The half-time announcer apologised for having to play "Shaddup your Face" because he said they couldn't find the keys to cupboard where the music was kept. Then there were broadcast requests for people to give lifts for the next match - it was like an old group of familiar friends trying their best to make their new pub as comfortable as their old one.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 12:00 - Nov 3 with 681 viewsmonty_radio

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:33 - Nov 3 by ITFC_Forever

Any moral high-ground they might have had has long since gone. Done exactly to the previous sports at their new Plough Lane site as happened to them.

You do know that Ipswich Town's arrival at Portman Road from Brooks Hall Road was at the expense of both the rugby club and the East Suffolk Cricket club? While "The Men Who Made the Town" reports early cooperation between the different codes, it also picks up on some ill-feeling, and ultimately, the other two clubs spliiting from an early association and moving on.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 12:04]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 12:16 - Nov 3 with 646 viewssolemio

Until the arrival of MK Dons Milton Keynes was the largest town in Europe without a professional football team. Largest population-wise.
A very special match is taking place tonight... on 12:17 - Nov 3 with 635 viewsvapour_trail

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 11:33 - Nov 3 by ITFC_Forever

Bullsh1t.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

A very special match is taking place tonight... on 15:58 - Nov 3 with 482 viewsBlueForYou

Used to watch games at the old Plough Lane when I lived in the area during the mid 80's. Before the crazy gang days. Flyn Downes dad used to play on the left wing! Has any club ever been through what they have endured? Merton Council did them no favours, neither did Ron Noades. I always remember the place being so friendly & safe, in days where hooliganism was rife at most other clubs. Some old workmates were ex players, my old boss was one of the early investors in the new AFC club. When I couldnt watch Town I would go to watch them. There'll be some very proud folk tonight, just such a shame they cant all be there in person.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 15:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024