Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sausages 01:02 - Dec 9 with 1947 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’m near Newmarket, so it’s all about Powters and Musks (I prefer Musks)

STATE YOUR FAVOURITE SAUSAGE

Poll: W or W

sausages on 06:10 - Dec 9 with 1447 viewsChondzoresk

I had Powters last week. I thought they were OK. But overpriced. Personally, I only buy decent sausages.you know top end supermarket "finest" or "extra special"..I remember there was a Sausage shop on the walk years ago. Did all sorts of flavours. I assume its since closed?
sausages on 06:58 - Dec 9 with 1422 viewsbelgablue

Growing up it was all about Revett’s sausages from Wickham Market.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

sausages on 07:09 - Dec 9 with 1407 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hecks.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

sausages on 07:15 - Dec 9 with 1397 viewsFenland_Blue

TFM butchers is the place to go for great local sausages, it's only 15 minutes from Newmarket.

https://www.tfmbutchers.co.uk/

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

sausages on 08:40 - Dec 9 with 1348 viewsGuthrum

Always used to have Powters when I was young, but they've changed the recipe since then and my mother now gets hers from TFM Butchers at Isleham. Edit: See Fenland Blue's post in this thread.

My current favourites come from Scott's Butchers in Church Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire (I have friends up there).
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 8:42]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

sausages on 10:42 - Dec 9 with 1294 viewsFenland_Blue

sausages on 08:40 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Always used to have Powters when I was young, but they've changed the recipe since then and my mother now gets hers from TFM Butchers at Isleham. Edit: See Fenland Blue's post in this thread.

My current favourites come from Scott's Butchers in Church Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire (I have friends up there).
[Post edited 9 Dec 2021 8:42]

All the animals are hand reared and culled on the farm, plus all meat based items are freshly made and stored on site.

Try the bacon, it's light years ahead of any you can buy from supermarkets, no water has been injected into it so it doesn't shrink by 50% when you cook it.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

sausages on 12:30 - Dec 9 with 1238 viewsTJS

I only discovered Musks in the first lockdown and they are now my favourite.
I used to be a big fan of the Aldi Bratwurst but they stopped doing them a few years back.
sausages on 12:34 - Dec 9 with 1234 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Eric Tennant do a tasty banger in Newmarket.

When in Ipswich though I always get 2 dozen from Proctors.
Login to get fewer ads

sausages on 12:54 - Dec 9 with 1205 viewsSwansea_Blue

Obviously a Greggs vegan sausage roll innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

sausages on 13:44 - Dec 9 with 1168 viewsblueconscience

https://sausageman.co.uk/product/krakauer-bacon-frankfurter-xxl-25cm-b2c

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

sausages on 15:26 - Dec 9 with 1087 viewsElephantintheRoom

Never quite understood the cult of the Newmarket sausage - presumably they have horsemeat in them. Suffolk has many butchers offering better sausages from all those free range piggies. Those further away could do worse than buy the sausages from Priors Hall Farm (available on line to those who dont live nearby). Their ham is better than the somewhat overated Emmetts offerings as well in my humble opinion.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

sausages on 15:34 - Dec 9 with 1077 viewscatch74

sausages on 06:58 - Dec 9 by belgablue

This. Plus cakes from Mrs Runacles.

Actually had some Revett’s the other day, still the best. Didn’t they supply the queen!?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

sausages on 15:51 - Dec 9 with 1061 viewsElephantintheRoom

sausages on 15:34 - Dec 9 by catch74

This. Plus cakes from Mrs Runacles.

Actually had some Revett’s the other day, still the best. Didn’t they supply the queen!?

Good shout, used to get them myself. Not Revetts for the royal warrant but Emmett's in Peasenhall. And not the Queen, but the Queen Mother I seem to recall. And not for sausages - but for treacly ham - and bacon

A true Ipswich fan would recall working on the sausage production line at the much-missed by Gipping fisherman Walls factory - and slipping s few little extras into the mix.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

sausages on 15:57 - Dec 9 with 1050 viewscatch74

sausages on 15:51 - Dec 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Good shout, used to get them myself. Not Revetts for the royal warrant but Emmett's in Peasenhall. And not the Queen, but the Queen Mother I seem to recall. And not for sausages - but for treacly ham - and bacon

A true Ipswich fan would recall working on the sausage production line at the much-missed by Gipping fisherman Walls factory - and slipping s few little extras into the mix.

Nearly right then.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

sausages on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 1031 viewstownblue

sausages on 06:58 - Dec 9 by belgablue

They used to sell hotdogs just inside the turnstiles of the Britannia a decade or so back. Amazing.

Edis of Ely in BSE is my current favourite. Bought some powters in Newmarket recently but wasn't that impressed.
sausages on 18:15 - Dec 9 with 978 viewsronnyd

sausages on 16:36 - Dec 9 by townblue

They used to sell hotdogs just inside the turnstiles of the Britannia a decade or so back. Amazing.

Edis of Ely in BSE is my current favourite. Bought some powters in Newmarket recently but wasn't that impressed.

Agree, Eddis of Ely best pork sausages are the ones for me.
sausages on 19:40 - Dec 9 with 950 viewsLord_Lucan

Must admit I find some of these executive sausages a bit meaty.

I'm not against a prison grade one with a high fat content.

Aldi do a nice one with leek

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

sausages on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 943 viewsbazza

sausages on 19:40 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

Must admit I find some of these executive sausages a bit meaty.

I'm not against a prison grade one with a high fat content.

Aldi do a nice one with leek

Lips and assholes..
sausages on 19:54 - Dec 9 with 923 viewsblueislander

sausages on 19:44 - Dec 9 by bazza

Lips and assholes..

Come to Guernsey and have Cobo Country Sausages. Fantastic fare!
sausages on 19:59 - Dec 9 with 915 viewsbazza

sausages on 19:54 - Dec 9 by blueislander

I’m reluctant to say I love a sausage.. each to their own and all that 😅… but I am partial to a banger, it was just a quote from the great outdoors.. I agree with Lucan, I find cheap ones taste better..
sausages on 20:00 - Dec 9 with 914 viewsWeWereZombies

There is a butchers in Denholm in the Scottish Borders who do an Irn Bru sausage, nowhere near as bad as it sounds. I might see if they are open when I travel down before Christmas.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

sausages on 20:08 - Dec 9 with 901 viewsLord_Lucan

sausages on 19:54 - Dec 9 by blueislander

You live in Guernsey? Are you the only Ipswich fan there?

I imagine everyone knows everyone else in Guernsey - I have a couple of customers there, Stan Brouard Group and Good Taste

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

sausages on 20:25 - Dec 9 with 873 viewsblueislander

sausages on 20:08 - Dec 9 by Lord_Lucan

You live in Guernsey? Are you the only Ipswich fan there?

I imagine everyone knows everyone else in Guernsey - I have a couple of customers there, Stan Brouard Group and Good Taste

There are a few of us, including one of my sons who lives here. Stan Brouard’ is a couple of hundred yards from where we live and we buy stuff quite often from there. In fact we got a really good Christmas tree from them last week. Rodney Brouard is now the patriarch, but his son Neil seems to be in charge now. We have only lived here for 32 years. Don’t know Good Taste though.
sausages on 20:39 - Dec 9 with 859 viewsKeno

sausages on 20:25 - Dec 9 by blueislander

There are a few of us, including one of my sons who lives here. Stan Brouard’ is a couple of hundred yards from where we live and we buy stuff quite often from there. In fact we got a really good Christmas tree from them last week. Rodney Brouard is now the patriarch, but his son Neil seems to be in charge now. We have only lived here for 32 years. Don’t know Good Taste though.

good people live on or come from Guernsey

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

sausages on 20:42 - Dec 9 with 854 viewsblueislander

sausages on 20:39 - Dec 9 by Keno

good people live on or come from Guernsey

Of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024