Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rebuilding...but without Chambers please 21:13 - Jan 1 with 2316 viewsN2_Blue

I see all these posts about rebuilding for L1 and i agree this is the right thing to do now as we are as good as relegated. However so many posters seem to have Chambers in a team for next season.

I like Chambers and his passion but the guy is just a liability. He costs us so many goals, is a weakness in defense and now i also doubt his ability to galvanize a team down in the dumps. Is he really a good captain? Can he organise? i'm not sure anymore
His constant rallying cries never deliver. I think he'a a good guy but our defence has been shambolic for so long now and i think we need a complete re-build at the back and keeping him in it would be a mistake.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:19 - Jan 1 with 2264 viewsWD19

If he wants to be here, which obviously involves accepting League One wages, then we would be daft to chuck him out.
Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:20 - Jan 1 with 2252 viewsJ2BLUE

Renewing his contract for one more season if we have an option is a no brainer. Especially if we go down. We need a leader. We'll probably see a different Chambers once we sign a couple of new defenders to play alongside him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:25 - Jan 1 with 2223 viewsManchesterblue

Agreed, when you look at the likes of Butcher, De-Vos, McCauley, Mowbray, Chambers isn't fit to tie their boots, a couple of fist pumps and a decent bloke doesn't make him a great defender, far to many mistakes, doesn't manage the back line correct, Hate to say it but I prefer him as a right back

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:32 - Jan 1 with 2168 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What he isn't is a leader and organiser on the pitch. That is what we are really missing. Experienced organisers on the pitch. We need someone like that in defence and another player like that in midfield. Then we can start building for the future. Until then we continue to drift aimlessly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 2051 viewsManchesterblue

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:32 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

What he isn't is a leader and organiser on the pitch. That is what we are really missing. Experienced organisers on the pitch. We need someone like that in defence and another player like that in midfield. Then we can start building for the future. Until then we continue to drift aimlessly.

Great leaders tend to lead by example, how many mistakes/ Points has his great leadership skills cost us this season Chambers isn't even on the same street as De-Vos , Mowbray

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:00 - Jan 1 with 2013 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 21:55 - Jan 1 by Manchesterblue

Great leaders tend to lead by example, how many mistakes/ Points has his great leadership skills cost us this season Chambers isn't even on the same street as De-Vos , Mowbray

MM kept him as captain at Rb - 3yrs back - we just needed a better Rb and he would moved on.
Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:04 - Jan 1 with 1987 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:00 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

MM kept him as captain at Rb - 3yrs back - we just needed a better Rb and he would moved on.

Indeed, he was club captain but not sure how much he led on the pitch.

We miss someone to pick the players up and get their heads up. Every time we concede it looks highly unlikely we will come back from it. We have led games far more this season than come back in any.

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:26 - Jan 1 with 1908 viewsEireannach_gorm

Terrible idea. You dont rebuild by getting rid of experienced players ( how well did Hurst do with his cleanout? ). The future is in the younger players but you must retain an experienced core. I would consider Chambers to be the pick of a terrible defence so until we get better ( not much sign of that ) we should keep faith with a limited but committed servant of the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:27 - Jan 1 with 1903 viewsSuperfrans

We have a hugely inexprienced squad and you want us to jettison our most experienced player? It’s a no from me.

In all seriousness, our current plight magnifies this problem. Right now, we should be looking to ensure we have a succession plan for the likes of Skuse and Chambers, who are both entering the autumn of these careers. Both of them should be very possibly playing fewer games, being eased towards coaching/retirement etc, The problem is that we have so little experience elsewhere in our squad, we simply can’t afford to move them on.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:28 - Jan 1 with 1898 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:26 - Jan 1 by Eireannach_gorm

Terrible idea. You dont rebuild by getting rid of experienced players ( how well did Hurst do with his cleanout? ). The future is in the younger players but you must retain an experienced core. I would consider Chambers to be the pick of a terrible defence so until we get better ( not much sign of that ) we should keep faith with a limited but committed servant of the club.

I agree he could be a very good player in League 1, but he needs someone else who is a more natural motivator, organiser and leader on the pitch. I just don't think he is effective enough at that.

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:33 - Jan 1 with 1873 viewsreusersfreekicks

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:28 - Jan 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

I agree he could be a very good player in League 1, but he needs someone else who is a more natural motivator, organiser and leader on the pitch. I just don't think he is effective enough at that.

He is a good on the pitch motivator. It's quality not motivation that is the problem. Yet another nonsense thread
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:51 - Jan 1 with 1801 viewsEireannach_gorm

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:27 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

We have a hugely inexprienced squad and you want us to jettison our most experienced player? It’s a no from me.

In all seriousness, our current plight magnifies this problem. Right now, we should be looking to ensure we have a succession plan for the likes of Skuse and Chambers, who are both entering the autumn of these careers. Both of them should be very possibly playing fewer games, being eased towards coaching/retirement etc, The problem is that we have so little experience elsewhere in our squad, we simply can’t afford to move them on.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:52 - Jan 1 with 1793 viewsEireannach_gorm

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:27 - Jan 1 by Superfrans

Aaaaagh bloody phone.

Apologies for the mistaken down vote. I was trying to check out what genius was down voting us both.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:55]
Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 23:08 - Jan 1 with 1761 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I've never rated him as a defender, was average at his peak which was around 5 years ago.

I agree with a poster that I preferred him at right back.

We need a new defence and I think we need to move on.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 00:33 - Jan 2 with 1673 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 22:00 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

We did. His name was Johnathan Parr and unfortunately it was he who moved on rather than Captain Fistpump.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Rebuilding...but without Chambers please on 00:39 - Jan 2 with 1657 viewsMrTown

Would have him on another 1 year deal, as club captain but not in the starting XI.

Would only keep Kenlock in League 1, obviously add Woolfenden into the mix, but then we need to improve right, centre back.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024