Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t) 21:55 - Oct 8 with 6685 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 08:17 - Oct 9 with 3034 viewsfactual_blue

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 00:19 - Oct 9 by Guthrum

Col U have 4 points (one win and one draw), Spurs U21 have 2 points (one draw plus penalty shootout bonus point).

If Col U beat us, they finish top and us second. Any other result we finish top. If Col U lose and Spurs U21 beat Gillingham or if Col U lose by more than two goals and Spurs U21 draw plus the penalty shootout bonus, Spurs U21 finish second - otherwise Col U do. Gillingham cannot qualify.

And then we play Barcelona?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 08:36 - Oct 9 with 3014 viewsGuthrum

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 08:17 - Oct 9 by factual_blue

And then we play Barcelona?

We are Barcelona. Have you not seen our away strip?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 10:13 - Oct 9 with 2993 viewswkj

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 08:36 - Oct 9 by Guthrum

We are Barcelona. Have you not seen our away strip?

And we're Messy on attack!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 10:45 - Oct 9 with 2985 viewsOsborneOneNil

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 22:11 - Oct 8 by werringtonblue

April 5th according to my google search

Phew!! I'm on a stag the weekend before.
My current thoughts are that..... on 10:55 - Oct 9 with 2981 viewsBloots

....I'll go, unless we are playing one of the Premier League kids teams, in which case I'll take an incredibly high morale stance and give it a miss.

But obviously I'll probably change my mind if it comes down to it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 10:59 - Oct 9 with 2971 viewsNotSure

Seeing as we haven't won a knockout game in a cup competition since August 2017 this post might be a tad premature!
Of course not on 11:02 - Oct 9 with 2971 viewsDyland

If I'm around and can get a ticket I'll be raring to go.

What I won't do is go on about it if we win.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:08 - Oct 9 with 2962 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I doubt it.

I haven't been to any of the games so far, and probably wont go to any. I want to watch Ipswich at Wembley when it means something, I'm not bothered about winning this.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:14 - Oct 9 with 2952 viewsPJH

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:08 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

I doubt it.

I haven't been to any of the games so far, and probably wont go to any. I want to watch Ipswich at Wembley when it means something, I'm not bothered about winning this.

Very similar to what I just logged in to post.

I suppose that it is good that our second string have beaten Gillingham second string although logically our second string SHOULD be far better than Gillingham's second string.

I suppose that it is good that our second string have beaten Spurs fourth team.

I am not sure that it is good that we are getting ridiculously high attendances for this stage of this ridiculous competition.

I am pretty sure that judging from Paul Lambert's words we would not even be in this ridiculous competition if we were not compelled to be in it.

Most of all we would not be in this ridiculous competition if we had not had such a terrible season last season.

edit-just as an afterthought I have of course been lucky enough to have seen us win twice at the old (real) Wembley when winning did mean something.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 11:21]
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:18 - Oct 9 with 2942 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:14 - Oct 9 by PJH

Very similar to what I just logged in to post.

I suppose that it is good that our second string have beaten Gillingham second string although logically our second string SHOULD be far better than Gillingham's second string.

I suppose that it is good that our second string have beaten Spurs fourth team.

I am not sure that it is good that we are getting ridiculously high attendances for this stage of this ridiculous competition.

I am pretty sure that judging from Paul Lambert's words we would not even be in this ridiculous competition if we were not compelled to be in it.

Most of all we would not be in this ridiculous competition if we had not had such a terrible season last season.

edit-just as an afterthought I have of course been lucky enough to have seen us win twice at the old (real) Wembley when winning did mean something.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2019 11:21]

I am at every league match (Pretty much) I love the FA Cup.

However, my feelings towards the Carabao cup and this thing is that it is purely fitness and I couldn't care less where we end up in it. The Carabao cup used to be cool, but now it is just prem teams reaching the final 4 (usually).

At least in the FA cup you get the odd national league surprise. See us and Lincoln and Suttons run.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:29 - Oct 9 with 2933 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 22:06 - Oct 8 by wkj

Elbow might well be part of my weekend plans too!

Are you a bigger Elbow fan than ITFC fan? Assuming not then sack it off.

Elbow will be playing loads for years to come. Town may never reach Wembley again in your lifetime!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:31 - Oct 9 with 2930 viewswkj

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:29 - Oct 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Elbow will be playing loads for years to come. Town may never reach Wembley again in your lifetime!

You aught to mind your manners and check your privilege wee man, I live my life the way I see fit.

Crybaby

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:34 - Oct 9 with 2927 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:29 - Oct 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You don't know that. Elbow may break up in 6 months.

If he is a big elbow fan, I imagine he needs one day like this to see him right.

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:35 - Oct 9 with 2918 viewsPJH

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:34 - Oct 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

You don't know that. Elbow may break up in 6 months.

If he is a big elbow fan, I imagine he needs one day like this to see him right.

Broken elbow, that does not sound funny.
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:46 - Oct 9 with 2909 viewscleaner

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 11:35 - Oct 9 by PJH

Broken elbow, that does not sound funny.

Cleaner hit his elbow on the wall at woolworths when using the floorbuffer once. You are right about it not being funny as mrs cleaner had to bathe my arm in tcp for 2 weeks.
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 2892 viewsFenboyBlue

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 22:06 - Oct 8 by wkj

Elbow might well be part of my weekend plans too!

Yeah but one day like this....
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:37 - Oct 9 with 2868 viewswkj

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 12:33 - Oct 9 by FenboyBlue

Yeah but one day like this....

Yeah, but I'm going to be going with Bungle

Crybaby

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:47 - Oct 9 with 2861 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy to admit that at the moment I couldn’t give a t*ss about this joke of a competition that we shouldn’t ever be playing in, yet will 100% go should we get to the final at Wembley

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:48 - Oct 9 with 2857 viewsMaySixth

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:47 - Oct 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Happy to admit that at the moment I couldn’t give a t*ss about this joke of a competition that we shouldn’t ever be playing in, yet will 100% go should we get to the final at Wembley

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:48 - Oct 9 with 2855 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 05:47 - Oct 9 by tiptreeblue

But, some of our fans are so precious that they feel we should only be in the FA cup and Champions league as we are too big a club for anything else

I think there’s a vast middle ground between thinking we should be in the FA Cup final/Champions League, and thinking we shouldn’t be in a competition played at a level we hadn’t been at in 60+ years, prior to this season...

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 20:36 - Oct 10 with 2750 viewstiptreeblue

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 13:48 - Oct 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think there’s a vast middle ground between thinking we should be in the FA Cup final/Champions League, and thinking we shouldn’t be in a competition played at a level we hadn’t been at in 60+ years, prior to this season...

BUT, We have no divine right not to be in it either, just as Leeds, Both Sheffield clubs and countless other teams as big, and in some cases even bigger than us have had to play in cups at this level before. What really gets my goat is some of our supporters being so high and mighty that they think we should never get this low in the footballing ladder. sometimes you have to eat humble pie and admit we are where we are because we deserve to be there. That is life. Instead of moaning and groaning about it, Embracing it, and coming back will (hopefully) make us a better team. As in life, people who sit and wallow in self pity, tend to drop even further whereas, people who try to do something positive tend to rise up again. hopefully this will be us. i think this makes sense
Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 21:11 - Oct 10 with 2725 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 20:36 - Oct 10 by tiptreeblue

BUT, We have no divine right not to be in it either, just as Leeds, Both Sheffield clubs and countless other teams as big, and in some cases even bigger than us have had to play in cups at this level before. What really gets my goat is some of our supporters being so high and mighty that they think we should never get this low in the footballing ladder. sometimes you have to eat humble pie and admit we are where we are because we deserve to be there. That is life. Instead of moaning and groaning about it, Embracing it, and coming back will (hopefully) make us a better team. As in life, people who sit and wallow in self pity, tend to drop even further whereas, people who try to do something positive tend to rise up again. hopefully this will be us. i think this makes sense

None of those teams you list were enthralled to be in the third division though - in fact I’d wager pretty good money their view towards this cup was similar to those in this thread

I think you miss the point. No one is saying that we don’t deserve to be here - it’s the fact the club has been allowed to get in a position where it deserves to be here that is the issue

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 12:03 - Oct 11 with 2644 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I'd be interested to know the stance of those who have boycotted the competition so far because of the U21s being present. Will they go if we got to the final? Rather makes the boycott a bit pointless.

I've been to both games so far and will go to Colchester and all other matches assuming we make it there. Been some good games of football for cheap so far.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 12:11 - Oct 11 with 2631 viewswkj

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 12:03 - Oct 11 by JammyDodgerrr

I'd be interested to know the stance of those who have boycotted the competition so far because of the U21s being present. Will they go if we got to the final? Rather makes the boycott a bit pointless.

I've been to both games so far and will go to Colchester and all other matches assuming we make it there. Been some good games of football for cheap so far.

I will start going from the knockout stages, simply as group games in cups do my bonce in.

Crybaby

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 18:00 - Oct 11 with 2600 viewstiptreeblue

Would anyone NOT go if we made the Wembley final of the Leasing.com thingy? (n/t on 21:11 - Oct 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

None of those teams you list were enthralled to be in the third division though - in fact I’d wager pretty good money their view towards this cup was similar to those in this thread

I think you miss the point. No one is saying that we don’t deserve to be here - it’s the fact the club has been allowed to get in a position where it deserves to be here that is the issue

Of course they wouldn`t, That isn`t what i`m saying, What i tried to say was that, if you feel sorry for yourself then you tend to go on a downward spiral, if you look at things positively then you tend to get over things quicker and come back stronger. It can`t do anybody any good to keep moaning about their lot. It`s happened, get over it move on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024