Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell 18:04 - Oct 22 with 5953 viewsmonty_radio

"Matthew Pennington’s has so far struggled to make his mark.
Whilst there is an option to make his move a permanent one at the end of the season he is currently McCann’s fourth choice centre-back. Pennington’s long-term prospects at the KCOM Stadium look slim." VERDICT: MISS

Would you take him permanently for free if available in Jan? Could be a better option than Toto and a perspective future longer-term partner for Woolfenden.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:07 - Oct 22 with 3397 viewsITFC_Forever

No.

Got too many ricks him..... costs an average of nearly a goal a game.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:08 - Oct 22 with 3394 viewsTractorCam

Don't need him right now and too expensive, if we did it would have to be a loan with view to perm if we went up.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 3381 viewsBlueBadger

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:07 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

No.

Still better than Nsiala though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 3339 viewsmonty_radio

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:08 - Oct 22 by TractorCam

Don't need him right now and too expensive, if we did it would have to be a loan with view to perm if we went up.

The report goes on to say that his loan history must have run its course. Personally I thought he was one of our better players. We are an L1 club. I find it strange that people seem to think that A) we couldn't afford him, yet B) he's not good enough.

I think that a stable position at the right level in a stable team would be a good investment.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:21 - Oct 22 with 3329 viewsActionMan

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:19 - Oct 22 by monty_radio

The report goes on to say that his loan history must have run its course. Personally I thought he was one of our better players. We are an L1 club. I find it strange that people seem to think that A) we couldn't afford him, yet B) he's not good enough.

I think that a stable position at the right level in a stable team would be a good investment.

The same people who said Toto was miles better than Wilson until last week? Pennington would be fine in League One but much like the players we have, would get torn to pieces in the Championship.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:28 - Oct 22 with 3303 viewsPhilTWTD

Interesting related fact. Matt P was at the school my friend works at in Hull the other day taking part in a tiger drawing competition.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 3265 viewsmonty_radio

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:21 - Oct 22 by ActionMan

The same people who said Toto was miles better than Wilson until last week? Pennington would be fine in League One but much like the players we have, would get torn to pieces in the Championship.

Are you saying that if we went up finishing strongly with this squad, big additions would be needed immediately - who, in your opinion would be a strong championship player? - assuming that Chambers and Skuse would used sparingly being yet one more year towards retirement.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:33 - Oct 22 with 3264 viewspablovian

Many fans, including me, thought that Pennington was Town's Player of the Year at the end of last year's dismal season. However, there was almost no competition ...

I would take him on a free, if he were affordable and I could see how to make room for him.
Login to get fewer ads

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 3242 viewspablovian

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:07 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

No.

No way could he have cost an average of nearly a goal a game. He was way behind Chambers, Nsiala, Kenlock, Knudsen and Spence ... and in fact, often compensated for their shortcomings.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 3240 viewsSitfcB

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:28 - Oct 22 by PhilTWTD

Interesting related fact. Matt P was at the school my friend works at in Hull the other day taking part in a tiger drawing competition.

Why was this not added onto the end of a news story?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 3242 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:28 - Oct 22 by PhilTWTD

Did he win?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:50 - Oct 22 with 3206 viewsonlymehere

Great call but wages could well be a problem he would certainly tighten up our defence.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:53 - Oct 22 with 3193 viewsfooters

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:40 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did he win?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 19:46 - Oct 22 with 3049 viewsagentp

Going by KCOM's views of him, I bet he got he got a Frostie reception

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 3031 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:33 - Oct 22 by pablovian

Many fans, including me, thought that Pennington was Town's Player of the Year at the end of last year's dismal season. However, there was almost no competition ...

I would take him on a free, if he were affordable and I could see how to make room for him.

Most fans? I didn't think that. He was crap, individually responsible for a bucket load of goals. His positional sense was atrocious which meant he often ended up making last ditch tackles. Some fans focused on the tackles rather than the poor positioning though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 20:45 - Oct 22 with 2906 viewshoppy

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:40 - Oct 22 by SitfcB

Why was this not added onto the end of a news story?

Surely worth a story in itself?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:29 - Oct 22 with 2819 viewsITFC_Forever

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:09 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

Still better than Nsiala though.

Very true.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:31 - Oct 22 with 2809 viewsonlymehere

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 19:52 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

Most fans? I didn't think that. He was crap, individually responsible for a bucket load of goals. His positional sense was atrocious which meant he often ended up making last ditch tackles. Some fans focused on the tackles rather than the poor positioning though.

You are wrong.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:33 - Oct 22 with 2805 viewsfooters

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:31 - Oct 22 by onlymehere

You are wrong.

Convincing argument.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:37 - Oct 22 with 2789 viewsmonty_radio

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:33 - Oct 22 by footers

Convincing argument.

Certainly this is nothing more than assertion, yet so, if a bit more vituperative, was the post to which he responded.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 22:04 - Oct 22 with 2710 viewsfooters

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:37 - Oct 22 by monty_radio

Certainly this is nothing more than assertion, yet so, if a bit more vituperative, was the post to which he responded.

Herbi can get a bit aggy but I put that down to a lack of cooked animal protein more than anything else.

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 2688 viewsHerbivore

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 21:37 - Oct 22 by monty_radio

I disagree with your assessment of my post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 2684 viewsGlasgowBlue

Did he spend 89 minutes drawing a near perfect Tiger only to have a momentary lapse in concentration and end up drawing a ginger tom?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 06:03 - Oct 23 with 2489 viewsIPS_wich

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 19:52 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

This...

He seemed to permanently occupy a space between where a centre-half would be positioned and where a full back should be - regardless of whether he was playing full back or centre-half.

He was pretty quick and fearless so he dug himself out of many issues he created himself. I'd rate him a distant third behind other Everton loanees Garbutt and Connolly.
Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 07:51 - Oct 23 with 2391 viewsSuperblue95

Matthew Pennington - this is Hull Live's verdict on his loan spell on 18:53 - Oct 22 by footers

So Matthew beat their brains out?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024