Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out, Paul Cook in 15:03 - Aug 26 with 10578 viewscaptainfantastic

If we start slowly, is what I'm hearing

Poll: player of the season so far?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:27 - Aug 26 with 2763 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:20 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

So you don't know that there's a clause that would enable us to get rid of him after a poor start.

I don't think he'll need a clause to get rid after a poor start, I'm sure ME will do so as it's so important to go up this year.

There are clauses in the deal without question, ME won't have to pay up the whole of the five years if he sacks PL, just a proportion, although from what I'm told it would be a hefty chunk if he is sacked, albeit significantly less than the cost of not going up.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:31 - Aug 26 with 2741 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:22 - Aug 26 by CokeIsKey

If you want people to take you even remotely seriously then grow a pair and tell us what you heard and who from.

No one's going to reveal a source like that! Whether there is anything in the Paul Cook suggestion - and actually wouldn't surprise me at all if someone of his ilk was viewed as PL's successor if there is to be a change in the shorter term - not sure the poster has deserved quite the stick he's got.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 2730 viewshomer_123

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:27 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he'll need a clause to get rid after a poor start, I'm sure ME will do so as it's so important to go up this year.

There are clauses in the deal without question, ME won't have to pay up the whole of the five years if he sacks PL, just a proportion, although from what I'm told it would be a hefty chunk if he is sacked, albeit significantly less than the cost of not going up.

Knowing ME, he'll sack him and we still won't go up.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 2728 viewsleitrimblue

Would love Sligo Rovers legend Paul Cook to be Town manager
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:34 - Aug 26 with 2719 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:27 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 2711 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:20 - Aug 26 by Herbivore

So you don't know that there's a clause that would enable us to get rid of him after a poor start.

Really don't think ME will be in need of a specific clause.

Think it's fair to assume that on handing out a long contract ME will have made sure that compensation was limited.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:36 - Aug 26 with 2713 viewsSidVicious

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:34 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

This.

Regardless of results I can see Lambert in charge until at least the new year

I would get used to it and save your blood pressure
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:37 - Aug 26 with 2703 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:05 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

I'm shocked that someone as 'in the know' as you doesn't know. Almost as if you've just made this up.

Why is everyone laying in to this guy?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:37 - Aug 26 with 2698 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:36 - Aug 26 by SidVicious

I'm chilled bro. Just stating the obvious for those who can't see it.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:43 - Aug 26 with 2673 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:22 - Aug 26 by CokeIsKey

If you want people to take you even remotely seriously then grow a pair and tell us what you heard and who from.

With a lack of response we have to assume he was listening to voices in his head.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:44 - Aug 26 with 2681 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:36 - Aug 26 by SidVicious

Can I just point out how excellent it is to have Sid Vicious responding to a thread about Paul Cook on here.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:46 - Aug 26 with 2664 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:37 - Aug 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why is everyone laying in to this guy?

Indeed, seems somewhat harsh. Wouldn't be a surprise if ME had potential manager targets in mind in case the season starts poorly.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:49 - Aug 26 with 2650 viewsJohnny_Boy

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:44 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

Can I just point out how excellent it is to have Sid Vicious responding to a thread about Paul Cook on here.

If I’m being honest, I’d have preferred Glen Matlock’s take on managerial gossip.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:50 - Aug 26 with 2646 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans won’t sack Lambert this soon after giving him a five year contract as doing that will merely confirm the stupidity of the original decision to award it in the first place.

I think we would have to have a totally disastrous start to the season for It to enter Evans head as even a remote possibility, especially with no fans present to put pressure on!
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:52 - Aug 26 with 2635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:46 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, seems somewhat harsh. Wouldn't be a surprise if ME had potential manager targets in mind in case the season starts poorly.

Usual suspects ganging up today.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:56 - Aug 26 with 2619 viewspointofblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:46 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

When do you think Marcus will take stock and decide whether the start has been poor enough for the axe, Phil? After ten league games?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:03 - Aug 26 with 2591 viewsGarv

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:33 - Aug 26 by homer_123

Knowing ME, he'll sack him and we still won't go up.

Given we've no divine right to be promoted, that wouldn't surprise me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 2585 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:56 - Aug 26 by pointofblue

When do you think Marcus will take stock and decide whether the start has been poor enough for the axe, Phil? After ten league games?

Difficult to say for certain, but that's a usual point to take stock.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 2576 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 15:56 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

So, it would be his interests to actually makes us better then, rather than just hanging on because he'll neve get another managerial job again like the current incumbent?

To be honest, I could live with that.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:21 - Aug 26 with 2536 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:24 - Aug 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes I had heard that in January. All these stories about clauses in Lamberts contract. We failed to make top 6. Has any clause been activated? No, he is still at the club despite finishing 11th in the league.

Any normal/caring chairman would have sacked Lambert and got rid of these so called professional footballers who have been stealing a living. But this is Ipswich and we're stuck with the current situation for years.

Covid saved Lambert's job.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:23 - Aug 26 with 2536 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:50 - Aug 26 by RegencyBlue

Evans won’t sack Lambert this soon after giving him a five year contract as doing that will merely confirm the stupidity of the original decision to award it in the first place.

I think we would have to have a totally disastrous start to the season for It to enter Evans head as even a remote possibility, especially with no fans present to put pressure on!

He got rid of Hurst only months into a 3 year deal.

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:50 - Aug 26 with 2473 viewspointofblue

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:06 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

Difficult to say for certain, but that's a usual point to take stock.

Thanks; hopefully he’ll be able to turn it around but I’m not holding my breath.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 2468 viewsChutney

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 16:31 - Aug 26 by PhilTWTD

No one's going to reveal a source like that! Whether there is anything in the Paul Cook suggestion - and actually wouldn't surprise me at all if someone of his ilk was viewed as PL's successor if there is to be a change in the shorter term - not sure the poster has deserved quite the stick he's got.

The usual suspects acting like tw@s I see.
Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 18:11 - Aug 26 with 2439 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not going to happen, a more 'in-house' occurrence if we start slowly from what I heard.

I would much prefer Paul Cook though by the way.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 21:48]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 18:25 - Aug 26 with 2413 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out, Paul Cook in on 17:59 - Aug 26 by Chutney

The usual suspects acting like tw@s I see.

Are you familiar with the ignore function? If there are posters whose posts you consistently find objectionable you can choose to put them on ignore so that you don't have to see their posts. Glad I could help.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024