Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The dictator in No.10 09:49 - Feb 4 with 12759 viewsNo9

Sorry if this has already been posted, it should concern all, that the Johnson regime is not only refusing to appear of cetain broadcasting programmes but, now seeks to control the printed press as well (not that, that is something new for the tories) how dangerous is this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journal

What else are they planning for justice & the judiciary after the Ball- V- Johnson stitch up?

Someone a few weeks ago posted thatwe are en route to becoming a fascist state - this goes to show that poster was not wrong.
The dictator in No.10 on 14:00 - Feb 5 with 797 viewsDecoy_Octopus

The dictator in No.10 on 13:26 - Feb 5 by monytowbray

This country seems intent on destroying our own safety nets there for us because a few people they feel less deserving than them might not fall to their death.

See also; benefits.

I know, I mean this may well not come to pass but as we no longer have the EU safety net, in theory there would be nothing to stop the government tearing up the whole thing if they wanted. Removing bits of it piecemeal, like I say could lead to a slippery slope
The dictator in No.10 on 14:07 - Feb 5 with 771 viewsKropotkin123

It's authoritarian, which is neither left nor right. Authoritarianism is most obvious in the manifestation of ideologies that cannot exercise tolerance. Eg Communism has to exert control over the modes of production and the people that control those modes. economically Fascism exerts control via corporatism.

But forms of authoritarianism will persist in ever ideology and every government.

In this instance, we are talking about the press. Sure, controlling the press was done in Fascist states. But it was also done in Communist ones. This is increasingly authoritarian, not fascist.

Authoritarianism <> Fascism

For what it is worth, I believe we should oppose forms of authoritarianism that limit our ability to hold "our" government to account.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 14:07]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The dictator in No.10 on 14:09 - Feb 5 with 763 viewsNo9

The dictator in No.10 on 09:29 - Feb 5 by monytowbray

Look at your username ;)

Ah! Ha!
The dictator in No.10 on 14:12 - Feb 5 with 745 viewsNo9

The dictator in No.10 on 09:53 - Feb 5 by sparks

I repeat my previous comment. Vague innuendo undermines your other points. Specifics required.

Well Counsel for Mr Ball didn't think so did they?
It isn't innuendo the facts are there to be reviewed unlees of course your point is that Counsel is lying?
The JCIO have not helped the matter have they?
The question is should he Judiciary decalse a relationship with any of those before them isn't it?

takes me back to Lord Denning
The dictator in No.10 on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 734 viewsNo9

The dictator in No.10 on 14:07 - Feb 5 by Kropotkin123

It's authoritarian, which is neither left nor right. Authoritarianism is most obvious in the manifestation of ideologies that cannot exercise tolerance. Eg Communism has to exert control over the modes of production and the people that control those modes. economically Fascism exerts control via corporatism.

But forms of authoritarianism will persist in ever ideology and every government.

In this instance, we are talking about the press. Sure, controlling the press was done in Fascist states. But it was also done in Communist ones. This is increasingly authoritarian, not fascist.

Authoritarianism <> Fascism

For what it is worth, I believe we should oppose forms of authoritarianism that limit our ability to hold "our" government to account.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 14:07]

"For what it is worth, I believe we should oppose forms of authoritarianism that limit our ability to hold "our" government to account."

Indeed but limiting media access the what government is doing or trying to do makes it difficult to hold the government to account - if the media realeses are 'approved or doctored' first.
The dictator in No.10 on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 661 viewsKropotkin123

The dictator in No.10 on 14:17 - Feb 5 by No9

"For what it is worth, I believe we should oppose forms of authoritarianism that limit our ability to hold "our" government to account."

Indeed but limiting media access the what government is doing or trying to do makes it difficult to hold the government to account - if the media realeses are 'approved or doctored' first.

Totally agree and hopefully didn't imply otherwise in my previous post.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The dictator in No.10 on 20:26 - Feb 6 with 626 viewsjaykay

The dictator in No.10 on 13:56 - Feb 4 by BlueNomad

There is none so blind as those who will not see. Do you really think that I am looking at it from a partisan lens? I have not said BJ is a fascist, I said he employs the same tactics as fascist regimes.

I don't remember Tory Prime Ministers (going back to at least Heath) who behaved in this way. Examples please?

i think you will wait a long for an answer to your ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024