Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill 09:25 - Feb 5 with 3957 viewspatrickswell

Where we’re going -a salary capped stint in the third tier - we don’t need sicknotes bleeding us dry for fck all return. I appreciate he’s a good player, but he’s no bloody good if he’s spending 18 months in the treatment room. He’s an accident waiting to happen and it’s time to be ruthless.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:41 - Feb 5 with 596 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This is almost as good as the “I wouldn’t have Mings” comment!!
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:42 - Feb 5 with 604 viewsPhilTWTD

Nothing like kicking a man when he's down. This is twice KVY has been close to a return now only to pick up an unrelated injury. Must be completely gutting having had such a setback. There are people behind the news stories, and in KVY's a very decent bloke from what I know of him.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill (n/t) on 12:43 - Feb 5 with 591 viewsSamWhiteUK

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:41 - Feb 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

This is almost as good as the “I wouldn’t have Mings” comment!!

Also didn't read the thread. Nice.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 12:44]
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:44 - Feb 5 with 588 viewshype313

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:38 - Feb 5 by SamWhiteUK

Another who didn't read the whole thread. Oh well.

Considering I started it, yes I did, you later stated he is a dirty player, which most of said he wasn't.

I still can't square your comment.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 587 viewsWD19

Well this is about the most sh*twitted post of the year isnt it!?........amongst some pretty impressive competition too. Well done.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:48 - Feb 5 with 582 viewsSouperJim

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 09:50 - Feb 5 by hype313

"Mings was a good signing for us financially, but would you have him back now? I wouldn't"

Sweet jesus

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:50 - Feb 5 with 577 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm not sure if it's the suggestion, or the way in which it is expressed that I find the most repulsive.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 14:16]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:53 - Feb 5 with 566 viewsSamWhiteUK

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:44 - Feb 5 by hype313

Considering I started it, yes I did, you later stated he is a dirty player, which most of said he wasn't.

I still can't square your comment.

Most Ipswich fans would say he isn't a dirty player, as they like him. I bet you you ask Premier League fans, and the ratio would be very different.

I simply stated I wouldn't have him back. I don't like him. I also don't think he'd solve our problems - are we going to play him up front?

Ask the question of Michael Chopra, who when with us had a better scoring record than Kayden Jackson, ask if people would have him back and you'd be told no, even if - if we were to get him back - he would be an improvement on what we have. I feel the same with Mings. It's not that difficult to understand. League 1 Grant Holt would be a HUGE improvement on what we have, but I wouldn't want him in the side - don't like him. Most other Town fans wouldn't either, I'd imagine, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
Login to get fewer ads

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:11 - Feb 5 with 550 viewspatrickswell

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 11:43 - Feb 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've already admitted you're not using your brain, so why keep going?

Maybe have a bit of sympathy and empathy for the player. If you're fed up, imagine how he feels.

I think the sympathy and empathy ran out after the third injury setback. I’m Into “surprise me” territory now.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 539 viewsjayessess

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:11 - Feb 5 by patrickswell

I think the sympathy and empathy ran out after the third injury setback. I’m Into “surprise me” territory now.

I'm sure KVY's just getting injured, ruining his very promising career, just to spite you.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 530 viewsmo_itfc

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:53 - Feb 5 by SamWhiteUK

Most Ipswich fans would say he isn't a dirty player, as they like him. I bet you you ask Premier League fans, and the ratio would be very different.

I simply stated I wouldn't have him back. I don't like him. I also don't think he'd solve our problems - are we going to play him up front?

Ask the question of Michael Chopra, who when with us had a better scoring record than Kayden Jackson, ask if people would have him back and you'd be told no, even if - if we were to get him back - he would be an improvement on what we have. I feel the same with Mings. It's not that difficult to understand. League 1 Grant Holt would be a HUGE improvement on what we have, but I wouldn't want him in the side - don't like him. Most other Town fans wouldn't either, I'd imagine, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I'd be happy to see Chopra (2012 version) back in a town shirt.
I was very surprised to find he's actually quite a nice guy!

The desperation we have to get win...
I'd consider being ok with signing Chris Martin (the footballer, not Coldplay) which I thought I'd never say!! I hate watching him play against town, but would probably be happy watching his dirty antics if it was getting us goals.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 532 viewspatrickswell

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:42 - Feb 5 by PhilTWTD

Nothing like kicking a man when he's down. This is twice KVY has been close to a return now only to pick up an unrelated injury. Must be completely gutting having had such a setback. There are people behind the news stories, and in KVY's a very decent bloke from what I know of him.

Phil, I read his interview about coming back into action after the first pre-season friendly, I think, and he came across wonderfully.

It doesn’t change the fact that a nicely worded interview is the most substantial thing we’ve seen from him in nearly 18 months.

Fine words/no actions have been this club’s curse for far too long.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:22 - Feb 5 with 525 viewsfarkenhell

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 11:43 - Feb 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

You've already admitted you're not using your brain, so why keep going?

Maybe have a bit of sympathy and empathy for the player. If you're fed up, imagine how he feels.

This, all day long.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:23 - Feb 5 with 523 viewspatrickswell

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:14 - Feb 5 by jayessess

I'm sure KVY's just getting injured, ruining his very promising career, just to spite you.

It spites us all jayessess, but then most people release their spite on the poor 35 year old sod who’s had to fill the gap.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:53 - Feb 5 with 500 viewsMattinLondon

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:11 - Feb 5 by patrickswell

Are you trying to suggest that he’s getting himself injured on purpose? I’m pretty sure all the fitness work he does is fully sanctioned by the club. Either, he’s just been unlucky or he’s been badly advised.

Either way you’re talking rubbish.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:54 - Feb 5 with 498 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Sympathy and empathy don't run out. If you're a decent human being.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:56 - Feb 5 with 497 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:20 - Feb 5 by patrickswell

Phil, I read his interview about coming back into action after the first pre-season friendly, I think, and he came across wonderfully.

It doesn’t change the fact that a nicely worded interview is the most substantial thing we’ve seen from him in nearly 18 months.

Not his fault though is it?

Fecking hell, it's like pulling teeth.

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:15 - Feb 5 with 488 viewsazuremerlangus

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 09:35 - Feb 5 by Steve_M

We went through all this with McGoldrick and look how well that worked out.

Exactly my thoughts.

The whole injuries and rehab thing is very worrying, and like most things you hear about there is usually much more to it than what you read about.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:17 - Feb 5 with 480 viewsSouperJim

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 12:53 - Feb 5 by SamWhiteUK

Good god, what are you on about. You wouldn't have Mings back because you don't like him? It's about winning football matches, not winning friends.

You know what, we probably could have Mings back and play him up front, he can't do any worse than what we've got and at least we know he'd put himself about!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:26 - Feb 5 with 470 viewsBlueNomad

Have you ever competed at a reasonably high level of sport? If you have you will know that one problem with coming back from injury is that, subconsciously, you protect that area thereby putting more strain on other joints. muscles / tendons. The result can often be another injury which is seemingly unrelated.

I have nothing but sympathy for the bloke and wish him well.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:26 - Feb 5 with 470 viewsjayessess

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:23 - Feb 5 by patrickswell

It spites us all jayessess, but then most people release their spite on the poor 35 year old sod who’s had to fill the gap.

Yeah, when I found out he paid someone to come round and break his knee, just to annoy me, that was when I really felt spited.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:30 - Feb 5 with 466 viewsPhilTWTD

Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 13:20 - Feb 5 by patrickswell

But hardly his fault he's suffered an injury, it's the last thing he would want. Appreciate it's frustrating that he's another player that's promised much before spending a long time out, but I still think calling for him to have his contract cancelled - which couldn't happen anyway - is somewhat harsh.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:45 - Feb 5 with 440 viewsHalf_Idiot

I'm pretty sure his constant efforts to recover from injuries and get match fit are "actions".

You seem to have something against the guy. It's not like he's choosing to be injured and damaging what was looking like a promising career.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:46 - Feb 5 with 439 viewsPique

‘I also don't think he'd solve our problems - are we going to play him up front?’

No, we’d play him in defence, because our defence is terrible and he’s an England international centre back.
Cancel Vincent-Young’s contract and get him off the wage bill on 14:49 - Feb 5 with 433 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why on earth don't you like him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024