Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dele Alli - What happened? 23:03 - Aug 17 with 3347 viewsWicklowBlue

Not Def info, rumours etc. More interested to hear any insights the TWTD collective have on why his career has gone south so rapidly.

Still only 26...not so long ago can remember him being amazing at Spurs. Seems to have lost his mojo completely and hasn't kicked on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62579275
Dele Alli - What happened? on 02:50 - Aug 18 with 3086 viewsMercian

At the age of around 23/24 some players step up their game, Harry Kane and Cristiano Ronaldo are two good examples. Others fail to do so. There are so many former "Wonderkids" who fail to do so and turn into average players. Dele is one of them, Anthony Martial is another and if he is not careful Rashford could also fall into that hole. Not many of the numerous "Next Messi s" turn into world class players.
Dele Alli - What happened? on 03:09 - Aug 18 with 3065 viewsSE1blue

That article mentions Lampard wanting more consistency in training. Isn’t that the exact gripe that Mourinho had at Spurs - I’m sure he says it in All or Nothing to little response from Alli.

In that documentary he struck me as just a bit thick. Talented but thick. Sounds like a simple case of not working hard enough. Has the skill for top level but not the attitude needed is my guess, as he seems to do very well when he applies himself.

All guesses.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Dele Alli - What happened? on 07:28 - Aug 18 with 2635 viewsElephantintheRoom

Same as what happened to many others who flattered to deceive for a short while. Harry Winks is much the same. Jesse Lyngard another.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Dele Alli - What happened? on 07:34 - Aug 18 with 2611 viewsITFC_Forever

There’s all sorts of stories that are probably urban myth.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Dele Alli - What happened? on 07:43 - Aug 18 with 2555 viewsgordon

Think wages could be a stumbling block tbh but he'd be decent at this level so no harm in a cheeky offer?
Dele Alli - What happened? on 08:59 - Aug 18 with 2232 viewsGarv

Obviously has some talent but he's always been hugely overrated. He's levelling off now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dele Alli - What happened? on 09:04 - Aug 18 with 2202 viewsChurchman

I saw him play for England against I think Czecho a few years ago quite close up (front row at the side at Wembley). Alli was the best player on the field. Not the quickest he was up and down the pitch all game, good positional sense, good shot on him, passed them to death. Smashing player. The only real downside was temperament. He seemed easy to provoke, but he looked an international quality player all day long.

Goodness knows what’s happened to him, but clearly something has, sadly.
Dele Alli - What happened? on 09:12 - Aug 18 with 2163 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Effort. If you've watched the Spurs doc on amazon, Jose gives him a grilling on his attitude.

He tells him he'll regret when it's too late.
Login to get fewer ads

Dele Alli - What happened? on 09:21 - Aug 18 with 2096 viewshype313

Got a friend who works at Tottenham in the Marketing dept, he was awful by all accounts, had a terrible attitude, spoke to people really badly, thought he was god even after 3 abject seasons, by all accounts a really bad egg.

You can see on the documentary and also how he turned up at Everton in one of the most deprived areas of Liverpool in a Rolls Royce everything that he exposes.

The fact that he's going to the boneyard in Turkey speaks volumes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dele Alli - What happened? on 09:43 - Aug 18 with 1930 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Obviously lots of (justified) criticism of Alli and he has certainly tailed off tremendously in the past few years - but a mention for Lampard who fought for this deal before he even joined Everton, a frankly ridiculous deal and then has only started him for one game. A shocking decision.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Dele Alli - What happened? on 10:06 - Aug 18 with 1826 viewsFreddies_Ears

Lost his motivation. Maintaining an elite level is very hard work, all the time, and he lost the desire to do it. Some might comment that he spent longer developing his social media presence than working hard at the day job. A great shame, for him, for his clubs, and for England.
Dele Alli - What happened? on 10:14 - Aug 18 with 1768 viewsBiGDonnie

Dele Alli - What happened? on 02:50 - Aug 18 by Mercian

At the age of around 23/24 some players step up their game, Harry Kane and Cristiano Ronaldo are two good examples. Others fail to do so. There are so many former "Wonderkids" who fail to do so and turn into average players. Dele is one of them, Anthony Martial is another and if he is not careful Rashford could also fall into that hole. Not many of the numerous "Next Messi s" turn into world class players.

Rashford's already there. Rubbish player who's stealing a living.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Dele Alli - What happened? on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 1577 viewsgiant_stow

I blame boohoo man.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Dele Alli - What happened? on 13:37 - Aug 18 with 1299 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Few replies I've seen from people saying he was overhyped or overrated.

From 2015-2017. He was ridiculous, particularly in 16/17. You cant teach that talent. Who knows what's gone wrong, but its a real shame cause he could have been anything.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Dele Alli - What happened? on 13:50 - Aug 18 with 1263 viewsitfc24

Dele Alli - What happened? on 10:14 - Aug 18 by BiGDonnie

Rashford's already there. Rubbish player who's stealing a living.

This all day long, I know we arent allowed to criticise Saint Rashford of Manchester but whenever I see him play I always think the same thing 'that boy could do a job in a mid table Championship team'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024