Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement 22:59 - Dec 3 with 1016 viewsunstableblue

Just wow when you read the below three passages.

Don't shoot me down - but do we think the fans have reacted too strongly to Lambert's personality and press persona, rather than the main issue which is our ineffectiveness in the final third and a lack of energy across the team - THE COACHING?? Albeit some of Lambert's statements have been very poor indeed.

I guess I am late to the rabid Lambert out seeming majority, because I genuinely think some of patterns of play have improved this term, as has selection, and perhaps Klugg and others are advising Evans as such, his advice will not just be from Lambert, obviously. The 'green shoots' and 'patterns of play' comments seem at the heart of Evans statement. But alas the patterns of play are fleeting, and too many senior players are off form. Funnily I think our defence against a incorrectly placed Oxford side, seemed its most communicative and structured in ages! Cornell improved us.

Its the third statement that really worries me, of a Chairman out of touch and not taking responsibility. The heart of our demise is not Paul Lambert it is the strategies, management structures and plans Marcus has followed and his woeful recruitment. Mick's time had 100% come to end despite many positives, the football product was so alien to the Town fans expectations. Marcus appointed Paul Hurst, not the fans, as he had appointed Keane and Jewell, these men would not have passed any real fitness for purpose test - PERIOD. THEY ARE YOUR MISTAKES MARCUS, it is your job to plan a true foundation, do not put this on Town fans.

I'll be supporting Town on Saturday, hoping the boys win, paying for the iFollow, and I'll be hoping a siege mentality fires us into a run of results with injuries returning - I'm a blue. But that 3rd statement is completely unacceptable.

KEY THREE STATEMENTS
1. I look forward to fans getting back into Portman Road to see for themselves what I believe are the GREEN SHOOTS OF A STYLE that will reap its rewards in the years ahead. After a strong start to the season we have stumbled a little over the last few weeks but that needs to be put into the context that we currently have an ENTIRE TEAM OF PLAYERS who are potential starters on the injury list.

2. To get out of this league a lot of hard work will continue to have to be done with those younger players, as well as first-team regulars, by drilling our PLAYING STYLES AND PATTERNS OF PLAY into everyone at the club as we look to improve both individually and collectively.

3. The manager, coaching staff, captain and players are all doing everything that I have asked of them in building a foundation for the future and as long as I see progress being made I WILL NOT BE SWAYED into making the mistakes neatly summed up by the term ‘be careful what you wish for’ which CAUSED OUR DEMISE a couple of years ago.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:18 - Dec 3 with 931 viewscaptainfantastic

The coaching may be an issue.. but it goes beyond the players, coaches and football staff. The problem runs higher in the club and the common denominator in the demise of this football club is marcus evans

Poll: player of the season so far?

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:28 - Dec 3 with 894 viewsbenrhyddingblue

When I saw that third statement posted by someone else I honestly thought it was a joke - I couldn’t believe it. Then I read Evans’s statement and realised he had actually said it. Basically the club’s ‘demise’ is our - the fans fault! He may as well have told us to ‘fcuk off’. After 45 years supporting the club, I never imagined it could get this bad and is clearly destined to get far worse.
The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:39 - Dec 3 with 840 viewsRyorry

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:28 - Dec 3 by benrhyddingblue

When I saw that third statement posted by someone else I honestly thought it was a joke - I couldn’t believe it. Then I read Evans’s statement and realised he had actually said it. Basically the club’s ‘demise’ is our - the fans fault! He may as well have told us to ‘fcuk off’. After 45 years supporting the club, I never imagined it could get this bad and is clearly destined to get far worse.

Quite. And also -

"Entire team of players who are potential starters on the injury list."

And his response to that is to state he's not replacing our fitness coach, who is expected to fulfil the role by consultancy from 400 miles away after falling out with PL!!

It'd be funny if it weren't so tragic.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:49 - Dec 3 with 804 viewsBugs

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:39 - Dec 3 by Ryorry

Quite. And also -

"Entire team of players who are potential starters on the injury list."

And his response to that is to state he's not replacing our fitness coach, who is expected to fulfil the role by consultancy from 400 miles away after falling out with PL!!

It'd be funny if it weren't so tragic.

I was vainly hoping that he wasn't replaced because a new management team would want to bring their own replacement....how deluded was I?
Was it the fans fault... on 00:04 - Dec 4 with 739 viewsunstableblue

The Three BIG statements from Marcus Evans from that statement on 23:28 - Dec 3 by benrhyddingblue

... to employ the hapless Clegg (and believe you me he was hopeless) and the nice but ineffectual Milne? do you think any club that has had any success has't had a driving force CEO or hands on chairman driving the strategy??

What do Ipswich fans want from a manager? a nice person, a good man manager, who progresses youth, a coach who can drive success through a football philosophy is passing and attack based... so Marcus hires 4 guys who fail these measures!

Careful what you wish for? all we wanted was to go and watch some decent football on a Saturday, not get outplayed week in week out, and to win more than we lose

We're also ridiculously forgiving and positive fans

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024