Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. 13:55 - Jun 17 with 2514 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Obviously. Liverpool has one of the oldest chinese communities in Britain, so chinese food's a big thing up there.

Now these, sound AMAZING.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/salt-pepper-chips-scous

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:01 - Jun 17 with 2424 viewsSwansea_Blue

I am now hanging my head in shame, as I have never heard of Salt and Pepper chips despite having lived only just over 20 miles from Liverpool.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:04 - Jun 17 with 2376 viewsitfcjoe

If anyone is Ipswich based, the Chinese restaurant next to the Railway pub on Cauldwell Hall Road/Foxhall Road which I think is called Four Seasons does these and they are bloody lovely - restaurant is on Foxhall Rd

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:05 - Jun 17 with 2351 viewsstopmoaning

Every Chinese up here in Yorkshire does them.
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:10 - Jun 17 with 2315 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:04 - Jun 17 by itfcjoe

If anyone is Ipswich based, the Chinese restaurant next to the Railway pub on Cauldwell Hall Road/Foxhall Road which I think is called Four Seasons does these and they are bloody lovely - restaurant is on Foxhall Rd

Really going to put my and Mrs.P MIndful Chef dinner to shame. Sigh.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:12 - Jun 17 with 2288 viewshype313

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:04 - Jun 17 by itfcjoe

Cool, that's tonight's meal sorted then, never been there before but will give it a try.

Out of interest, what's the Chicken like from your sponsor?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:14 - Jun 17 with 2266 viewsOwainG1992

Live in Leeds.
And they are God damn beautiful!
That and some salt and pepper chicken.
Maybe a nice curry too.
Lovely stuff.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:16 - Jun 17 with 2246 viewsjeera

Not seeing any appeal to this myself. Looks a mess.

Chip shop style chips mixed in with nice ingredients that would be better used in something edible:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:17 - Jun 17 with 2236 viewshype313

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:16 - Jun 17 by jeera

Chip shop style chips mixed in with nice ingredients that would be better used in something edible:

It's a bit like something else I won't mention as it's a family site, but looks rank when sober, but after 7 pints.....

Login to get fewer ads

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 2185 viewsjeera

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:17 - Jun 17 by hype313

It's a bit like something else I won't mention as it's a family site, but looks rank when sober, but after 7 pints.....

Oh it's definitely been borne from a 'if you can't beat them join them' thing isn't it.

No reputable Chinese would be happy serving this up but if it gets a few quid in the till then so be it.

As you say, food for the hammered.

Preferably consumed whilst locked in a cage on a tiled floor well away from humanity.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:32 - Jun 17 with 2165 viewsMerseyBlue

Lau's in Wavertree in Liverpool is where it's at. Looks a bit grotty from outside but I've never been disappointed. Chinatown is decent but pricey, and normally filled with tourists and students.

Most of the other Chinese takeaways also double as fish and chip shops but my advice would be to stick with the Chinese in one of those establishments.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:36 - Jun 17 with 2142 viewsLord_Lucan

So does Good Taste on Brunswick Rd (or are they chilli chips?)

Very nice anyway - but they are a dry dish without all the onion and stuff.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:40 - Jun 17 with 2112 viewsBlueBadger

Clearly we're far more sophisticated in the West of the county as our local Chinese has been doing them for AGES.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:40 - Jun 17 with 2108 viewsMerseyBlue

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:36 - Jun 17 by Lord_Lucan

So does Good Taste on Brunswick Rd (or are they chilli chips?)

Very nice anyway - but they are a dry dish without all the onion and stuff.

Most of the salt and pepper chips you get up here are a drier dish with garlic too - the image above is pretty unflattering to anything I've ever seen dished out. I've definitely had it back home down south but have also seen it listed as chilli chips and there isn't usually a great deal of difference.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:40 - Jun 17 with 2101 viewsChurchman

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:16 - Jun 17 by jeera

As a filler after a few beers, bring it on - or the old kebab house elephants leg.

Sober? Errrr, no thanks!
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:48 - Jun 17 with 2055 viewsDecageBruce

S+P Chips are creeping in to many takeaways now.

I spent a good bit of time working in Liverpool and the best Chinese by far was the 'Big Bowl Noodle Bar'. Looks really 'chainy' from the outside but it is genuinly authentic Chinese?Malay cuisine.

'Salt and Pepper Squid' and 'Char Kway Teow' are highly recommended if you're ever in the area
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:56 - Jun 17 with 2005 viewsitfcjoe

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:12 - Jun 17 by hype313

Cool, that's tonight's meal sorted then, never been there before but will give it a try.

Out of interest, what's the Chicken like from your sponsor?

I've had it a couple of times and is decent - no real different to KFC and some better put together meal deals. My wife preferred it as they have some properly coated breast pieces

But I'm outside the range so can't get it delivered which is a pain in IP5

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:06 - Jun 17 with 1944 viewsjontysnut

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:05 - Jun 17 by stopmoaning

Every Chinese up here in Yorkshire does them.

They'll salt and pepper anything if it stays still for long enough but S&P crispy squid is a wonderful thing.
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:15 - Jun 17 with 1907 viewsSuperCoops

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:01 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

I am now hanging my head in shame, as I have never heard of Salt and Pepper chips despite having lived only just over 20 miles from Liverpool.

We have salt & pepper chips in our Chineses in Scotland. Like many things, they vary from one restaurant/takeaway to another, but still pretty nice and is something I usually order.
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:40 - Jun 17 with 1834 viewsDubtractor

I got something from there about 15 years ago and it was one of the worst takeaway meals I've ever eaten.

I assume they have improved?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:44 - Jun 17 with 1805 viewshype313

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:40 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

I got something from there about 15 years ago and it was one of the worst takeaway meals I've ever eaten.

I assume they have improved?!

City Friend on Cemetery Rd (if it's still there) goes down as one of the worst I've ever endured years ago, and I was sailing 3 sheets to the wind when I got it and still couldn't stomach it.

Far from being your friend, unless you class a bout of Gastroenteritis as your friend.

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:48 - Jun 17 with 1780 viewsSWGF

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:56 - Jun 17 by itfcjoe

I've had it a couple of times and is decent - no real different to KFC and some better put together meal deals. My wife preferred it as they have some properly coated breast pieces

But I'm outside the range so can't get it delivered which is a pain in IP5

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:58 - Jun 17 with 1741 viewsCotty

Yeah that isn't a good exposition of what can be rather nice (definitely a guilty pleasure, mind)
Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 16:13 - Jun 17 with 1673 viewshoppy

Friendship - the Chinese takeaway further up on Cauldwell Hall Road, heading towards Spring Road, does them as well and have been nice.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 1623 viewsitfcjoe

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 15:44 - Jun 17 by hype313

City Friend on Cemetery Rd (if it's still there) goes down as one of the worst I've ever endured years ago, and I was sailing 3 sheets to the wind when I got it and still couldn't stomach it.

Far from being your friend, unless you class a bout of Gastroenteritis as your friend.

We had a similar one from Hakka Garden on Lindbergh Road which gave me severe the issues.

The next week my other half was at her friends and phoned me to ask me what it was called as wanted to order something from there....! She'd been fine because had avoided the prawns - I was in all sorts of trouble!

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 1622 viewsSwansea_Blue

Someone posted earlier about Cook et al going for a chinese. on 14:17 - Jun 17 by hype313

Priti Patel?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024