Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve got the better players…. 23:38 - Aug 17 with 743 viewsunstableblue

.. but we’re not matching or exceeding the desire of the opposition (stupid, utterly stupid, to think these lowly teams are a walk over)

But for sure the concern is on the system and shape and tactics.

We need to sing our hearts out for the boys so the confidence and desire to win is not in question.

But we need clarity on that system, see that gelling.

It’s interesting how the likes of Evans have stated the clarity you get from Cook on the expected role, what he wants from you.

Jeeze, it does feel at times this club is a poisoned chalice.

Where the feck do we go if this project fails.

COME ON, let’s back the with everything we’ve got Saturday

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We’ve got the better players…. on 23:43 - Aug 17 with 706 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The little teams were a walk over last season

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We’ve got the better players…. on 23:44 - Aug 17 with 700 viewsJ2BLUE

This not matching the desire thing is complete nonsense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We’ve got the better players…. on 23:53 - Aug 17 with 660 viewspistonbroke

But have we got the better players , what we have got is a one dimensional manager who has no plan b or c , cooks system of getting in behind down the flanks is well known and to easy to defend , double up on the wide men and we are fuc ked , no plan b from cook , sometimes his only plan will work but not often enough
We’ve got the better players…. on 00:03 - Aug 18 with 633 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Disagree, couldn't fault the players effort tonight, and we dominated possession, looked the better and by far more skilful team, but they just got two lucky goals from route one type football and it's annoying we didn't deal with that physicality and brute force for their goals. Unlucky would be my main assessment. Edwards will be totally spectacular on that showing, Evans and Harper are quality, Burgess had a great debut and made Woolfenden look better beside him, Donacien was tireless, Bonne worked even harder, Piggott needs to be brought into the action more but showed some real quality on the ball imo. Fraser wasn't in the game enough, but this is a brand new team and they will find their groove, the overall quality of this team is so far beyond the one that ended the season it is incredible. Patience, would be nice...
Brilliant Post on 00:15 - Aug 18 with 597 viewsunstableblue

We’ve got the better players…. on 00:03 - Aug 18 by have_a_word_with_him

Disagree, couldn't fault the players effort tonight, and we dominated possession, looked the better and by far more skilful team, but they just got two lucky goals from route one type football and it's annoying we didn't deal with that physicality and brute force for their goals. Unlucky would be my main assessment. Edwards will be totally spectacular on that showing, Evans and Harper are quality, Burgess had a great debut and made Woolfenden look better beside him, Donacien was tireless, Bonne worked even harder, Piggott needs to be brought into the action more but showed some real quality on the ball imo. Fraser wasn't in the game enough, but this is a brand new team and they will find their groove, the overall quality of this team is so far beyond the one that ended the season it is incredible. Patience, would be nice...

Thanks for that

A stable, sober and positive assessment

I got sucked into the hysteria, and agendas on the board.

Unlucky but yes out muscled, we’ll need to deal with that against these ‘inferior’

Just hope the manager and players can hold their nerve.

Brilliant Post on 00:24 - Aug 18 with 558 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Brilliant Post on 00:15 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

Thanks for that

A stable, sober and positive assessment

I got sucked into the hysteria, and agendas on the board.

Unlucky but yes out muscled, we’ll need to deal with that against these ‘inferior’

Just hope the manager and players can hold their nerve.

Absolutely mate we will need to deal with that I totally agree. I personally saw a team that worked so much harder than the one from last season, were keeping the ball really well when we were 1-0 up and could do so to run the clock down, but just didn't then get the ball into danger areas enough to get a second goal. You could see Piggott's frustration at times, and that could do with being addressed. I did like what I saw of him, his touch was excellent at times. I honestly think this squad is a massive upgrade, let's keep supporting and once they learn each others names we'll start to see the results.
Brilliant Post on 00:31 - Aug 18 with 536 viewsunstableblue

Brilliant Post on 00:24 - Aug 18 by have_a_word_with_him

Absolutely mate we will need to deal with that I totally agree. I personally saw a team that worked so much harder than the one from last season, were keeping the ball really well when we were 1-0 up and could do so to run the clock down, but just didn't then get the ball into danger areas enough to get a second goal. You could see Piggott's frustration at times, and that could do with being addressed. I did like what I saw of him, his touch was excellent at times. I honestly think this squad is a massive upgrade, let's keep supporting and once they learn each others names we'll start to see the results.

Unfortunately looking at the board tonight a large number have moved into a very negative mode! Cook clueless, cook needed his assistant manager, etc etc

And you know given all the sh!t we had to put up with evans who can blame them, and to be honest I’m questioning cooks system as well.

But the players need more time to settle.

But jeeze this fan reaction is a worry. I thought they were ultimately poor against Morecombe after a great welcome.

Our support is now built on sand… and you can understand why?!

F@CK ME WE NEED A BREAK

Brilliant Post on 00:36 - Aug 18 with 522 viewspointofblue

Brilliant Post on 00:31 - Aug 18 by unstableblue

Unfortunately looking at the board tonight a large number have moved into a very negative mode! Cook clueless, cook needed his assistant manager, etc etc

And you know given all the sh!t we had to put up with evans who can blame them, and to be honest I’m questioning cooks system as well.

But the players need more time to settle.

But jeeze this fan reaction is a worry. I thought they were ultimately poor against Morecombe after a great welcome.

Our support is now built on sand… and you can understand why?!

F@CK ME WE NEED A BREAK

We need a win. Quickly.

And if we lose to one of MK Dons or Wimbledon then I think, rightly or wrongly, the house of cards will be dangerously close to falling.

The thing is we should be ultimately fine this season. Whether it’s under Cook or if we bring someone else in we have the squad which should make the top six, if not top two. So in a way, these matches are more important to Cook than us as a club; win or lose them we should find our feet eventually. It’s just whether Cook will be the man in charge when it happens.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024