Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. 16:55 - Jan 23 with 1190 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Scrappy game, but never looked like winning the sort of game which quite simply, if we want to go up we can’t be losing.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1169 viewswkj

I have a feeling I may not be the only one who take exception with the "Decent performance" summary.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1165 viewshomer_123

Decent...no. we only looked threatening after going down for the last 10 mins.

Is that promotion football?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 16:58]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsoldbluey

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:56 - Jan 23 by homer_123

LAMBERT OUT

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:59 - Jan 23 with 1067 viewsjayessess

It wasn't a decent performance, at all.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:01 - Jan 23 with 1042 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:56 - Jan 23 by wkj

I have a feeling I may not be the only one who take exception with the "Decent performance" summary.

Don’t get me wrong, football like that certainly isn’t getting us promoted any time soon. Decent on the sense I was expecting us to get royally pumped and that wasn’t the case.

Holy - no real save to make

Defence - handled their front three quite well although we looked sluggish and our distribution was shocking. Too many errors in there and our OAP full backs give us no attacking threat or cover in behind.

Midfield - All quite scrappy but got on the ball more than the Posh midfield. Lacked any creativity other than Bishop / Nolan

Wingers / Strikers - quite ineffective but that’s largely because ethos CB had drinnan tucked inside their pocket all game.

Decent / ok / average / meh.... point I was making was that it was better than some of the garbage we’ve seen but still not good enough.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:03 - Jan 23 with 1015 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 16:56 - Jan 23 by homer_123

Absolutely not promotion football. But you can’t say we really deserved to lose it, can you?

Annoying that Shambert has a fluke own goal to blame the defeat on.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:03 - Jan 23 with 1002 viewsjas0999

Dreadful performance.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:05 - Jan 23 with 976 viewsbluepigeon

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:03 - Jan 23 by jas0999

Dreadful performance.

Game of fine margins which Posh just edged on this occasion
Login to get fewer ads

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 931 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:03 - Jan 23 by jas0999

Dreadful performance.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think lambert should be in a job and want him out ASAP. But...

Based on our recent form, the fact we had no senior strikers fit, against a team unbeaten in their last 7, were you expecting us to absolutely hammer them?

Bottom line is we’ve played worse this season, we didn’t deserve to lose that game today (or win in tbh), but ultimately that still isn’t good enough.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 920 viewsLankHenners

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:01 - Jan 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Don’t get me wrong, football like that certainly isn’t getting us promoted any time soon. Decent on the sense I was expecting us to get royally pumped and that wasn’t the case.

Defence - handled their front three quite well although we looked sluggish and our distribution was shocking. Too many errors in there and our OAP full backs give us no attacking threat or cover in behind.

Midfield - All quite scrappy but got on the ball more than the Posh midfield. Lacked any creativity other than Bishop / Nolan

Wingers / Strikers - quite ineffective but that’s largely because ethos CB had drinnan tucked inside their pocket all game.

Decent / ok / average / meh.... point I was making was that it was better than some of the garbage we’ve seen but still not good enough.

Peterborough having a poor game doesn’t bump us up to ‘decent’. We were poor, they weren’t much better, they looked more likely to score and missed a penalty.

And if we accept that we kept them quiet and got on the ball well in midfield, how come we had zero goal threat bar a couple of speculative hits towards the end?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:08 - Jan 23 with 908 viewsjayessess

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:01 - Jan 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Peterborough put away their penalty and I think that game looks more or less identical to our games against Hull, Portsmouth or Charlton. Energetic spell at the beginning, total lack of threat going forward, at least one defender does something silly and game over.

Add to that our manager being passive enough to watch us manage zero shots on target for 70 minutes but still not consider changing any of the attacking players and there you have it all.

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:10 - Jan 23 with 872 viewschrismakin

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:03 - Jan 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Absolutely not promotion football. But you can’t say we really deserved to lose it, can you?

Annoying that Shambert has a fluke own goal to blame the defeat on.

You can say we deserve to lose

we were at home, needing to win, we put Judge on the wing, continued with 1 up top in Drinan which quite frankly was pathetic.

We set out not to lose. Not to win.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 843 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:10 - Jan 23 by chrismakin

we were at home, needing to win, we put Judge on the wing, continued with 1 up top in Drinan which quite frankly was pathetic.

Agree with everything you’ve said about the situation.... but none of that is to do with how we played.
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 826 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:08 - Jan 23 by jayessess

Peterborough put away their penalty and I think that game looks more or less identical to our games against Hull, Portsmouth or Charlton. Energetic spell at the beginning, total lack of threat going forward, at least one defender does something silly and game over.

Add to that our manager being passive enough to watch us manage zero shots on target for 70 minutes but still not consider changing any of the attacking players and there you have it all.

Take your point that the game might’ve looked very different if their penalty hadn’t hit row Z. All the teams you just mentioned caused us far more problems that Pboro did today though
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 809 viewsjayessess

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:10 - Jan 23 by chrismakin

We were retreating from minute 55 until their goal and were happy to just hope the game would keep drifting. We absolutely deserved to concede.

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 805 viewsMrTown

That seriously worries me that someone thinks that is a decent performance.

I know everyone sees the game different. But we look like a long ball side to an incredibly lonely striker, the most under coached side I have ever seen in an Ipswich Town shirt.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 799 viewsoneoffposter

when we finally get rid of lambert which will hopefully be soon things won’t suddenly change

We don’t have a striker who will score a decent amount of goals

We don’t have a winger who will score regularly

We don’t have a centre mid who will get forward and score regularly

The above points have nothing to do with tactics and how players are managed - even in a dire team you can tell the players who will score goals - we don’t have any

We won’t get promoted no matter who is charge and that is the reality

New manager whenever that is will need to overhaul the attacking areas and require plenty of patience from us

It’s important to not kid ourselves that our squad is good enough to go up because it isn’t
It wasn't dreadful... but it wasn't good enough on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 797 viewsunstableblue

Dreadful performance.

It was overall a poor game. BUT we had at times a good press, and 2 spells of promising attacking play in the final 3rd.

2 spells needs to be 15 spells in a game, that's the problem.

Drinan who tried hard was just too isolated.

But the talking point for me is just how woeful our senior players were, our full backs, were for the majority of the game - terrible! these guys should be inspiring, influencing and driving us forward. They did this in early season - but today, I'm sorry that passing accuracy and presence is unacceptable.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:17 - Jan 23 with 777 viewsbackwaywhen

Agree , at least there was no tippy tippy across the back line all game , a slight positive in itself , no goal threat from us as usual , mid table finish or below for me .
It wasn't dreadful... but it wasn't good enough on 17:20 - Jan 23 with 759 viewsMatt_Netherlands

It wasn't dreadful... but it wasn't good enough on 17:15 - Jan 23 by unstableblue

It was overall a poor game. BUT we had at times a good press, and 2 spells of promising attacking play in the final 3rd.

2 spells needs to be 15 spells in a game, that's the problem.

Drinan who tried hard was just too isolated.

But the talking point for me is just how woeful our senior players were, our full backs, were for the majority of the game - terrible! these guys should be inspiring, influencing and driving us forward. They did this in early season - but today, I'm sorry that passing accuracy and presence is unacceptable.

I always think that 4-2-3-1 formation means the wingers will always have to tuck inside to support the strikers, without full backs getting up to support with any real contribution, attacks will always break down which we see time and time again.

Chambers and Ward both looked past it today. They looked a lot like Skuse last season I.e. players we should be bringing on to see our games, not players with any ability to inspire a win. Not that we have any leads to hold onto at the minute.....
Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 737 viewsjayessess

Decent performance but that game was there for the taking. on 17:13 - Jan 23 by Matt_Netherlands

Take your point that the game might’ve looked very different if their penalty hadn’t hit row Z. All the teams you just mentioned caused us far more problems that Pboro did today though

We caught them on a bad day and still lost (and fairly easily all told).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024