Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neighbours smoking weed 21:41 - Apr 18 with 10554 viewschrismakin

Need some advice people.

What's the best way of dealing with a neighbour who has clearly moved their personal smoking area in their garden closer to our property

Weve been neighbours for over 10 years. Always got on well. Never really mixed but say hi etc and have a brief chat over the fence

Anyway we dont want to ruin that relationship but the smoking of weed has caused issues as we are having ti close our doors and windows as the smell is so strong it's actually making us feel sick. We are also due to welcome our niece ( wife hasnt been able to babysit due to lockdown) during the summer and we are concerned by the smoking of it.

I appreciate it's there own personal garden and what they do is entirely upto them... it's just with summer on it's way we dont want to have to keep closing doors etc each time he goes out in the garden which is basically every couple of hours a day ( hes house husband)
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 21:43]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:43 - Apr 18 with 4895 viewsfooters

Ask for a spliff on tick and forget all about it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:47 - Apr 18 with 4839 viewsSpruceMoose

I dunno... Talk to him about it politely?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:53 - Apr 18 with 4791 viewsvapour_trail

Two’s up.

Jobs a goodun.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:59 - Apr 18 with 4765 viewshaynes_toe1

Can't say i'm surprised the weed smoker is also a 'house husband'
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:03 - Apr 18 with 4736 viewsHARRY10

as long as he is being issued with the weed, there's not much you can do

it's when it becomes a problem that you need to act

(see Walter Rayleigh's servant)
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:07 - Apr 18 with 4709 viewsWicklowBlue

Are you certain it is weed that is causing the problem? Not doubting you just asking. Ultimately yes once it is on their property than they can do what they like, but if it is inconveniencing you that maybe have a gentle word. Don't know your living arrangements but really wouldn't have thought that any type of smoking outdoors would impact you all. Having said that if it is then light a bonfire out the back of your place if a gentle word doesn't work.

As an aside, while I try to get on with my neighbours I have come to the conclusion they are all complete d!cks!!! We have fallen out with ours as I got a WhatsApp message over 2 smart cams I setup on my property. These have been in place for over a year, and the neighbours were informed. The WhatsApp msg was that they were overlooking their property and they were concerned about us recording their children (who btw are best friends with my kids)!!! What was implied really got my goat, until the following day that the same neighbours had guest over for drinks in their garden against Covid restrictions.
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:07 - Apr 18 with 4699 viewsvapour_trail

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:59 - Apr 18 by haynes_toe1

I’m essentially a house husband in that I do all the fcking housework. Not really smoked weed regularly for some time now though.

To the op, empty yourself a three litre coke bottle, hack the bottom off it, grab a bucket of water, a lighter and some tin foil and sit in your back garden impatiently tapping your fingers on the bucket.

Jobs a goodun.

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:08 - Apr 18 with 4689 viewsbazza

Ask him could he try coke instead, as the weed stinks.
Login to get fewer ads

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 with 4676 viewsSpruceMoose

Neighbours smoking weed on 21:59 - Apr 18 by haynes_toe1

OK boomer.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 with 4679 viewsfactual_blue

Tell Supt. Hastings that your neighbour is a major dealer with with links to OCGs. Recommend he deploys AFOs, and speaks to the CHIS.

#motherofgod

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 with 4679 viewsStokieBlue

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:07 - Apr 18 by WicklowBlue

Are you certain it is weed that is causing the problem? Not doubting you just asking. Ultimately yes once it is on their property than they can do what they like, but if it is inconveniencing you that maybe have a gentle word. Don't know your living arrangements but really wouldn't have thought that any type of smoking outdoors would impact you all. Having said that if it is then light a bonfire out the back of your place if a gentle word doesn't work.

As an aside, while I try to get on with my neighbours I have come to the conclusion they are all complete d!cks!!! We have fallen out with ours as I got a WhatsApp message over 2 smart cams I setup on my property. These have been in place for over a year, and the neighbours were informed. The WhatsApp msg was that they were overlooking their property and they were concerned about us recording their children (who btw are best friends with my kids)!!! What was implied really got my goat, until the following day that the same neighbours had guest over for drinks in their garden against Covid restrictions.

He says it's the smell and without a doubt you can smell it from quite a distance even when they are smoking it outside.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:14 - Apr 18 with 4629 viewsPippin1970

I'm.sure we all been past places where you smell it in the air. As long as they not dealing id leave it. Can you tell them smoke it house instead?
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:14 - Apr 18 with 4622 viewsMullet

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 by StokieBlue

He says it's the smell and without a doubt you can smell it from quite a distance even when they are smoking it outside.

SB

SmokeyBlue innit

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:22 - Apr 18 with 4542 viewshaynes_toe1

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 by SpruceMoose

OK boomer.

Yeah but....I'm not wrong.
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:23 - Apr 18 with 4541 viewsjeera

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:07 - Apr 18 by WicklowBlue

"their property than they can do what they like", well no, not really. Even Class Bs don't qualify as being ok cos it's in your own garden!

I used to like a puff and am more than happy for people who still do. (I do still like the smell too as it goes, but that's neither here nor there).

But if you don't smoke yourself then any smoking is horrible to have wafting through your windows at home. My neighbour smokes outside and I close my bathroom window cos it reeks.

To the OP just have a civil word saying what you said here.

"Hello mate, how you doing etc. Just a heads up that your smoke is coming in my home. Can you do us a favour and maybe smoke down the bottom of the garden please?"

It's not hard and he's not about to argue given the nature.

If he then chooses to be a pillick about it then that's on him, not you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:24 - Apr 18 with 4525 viewsSpruceMoose

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:22 - Apr 18 by haynes_toe1

Sure.

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:25 - Apr 18 with 4512 viewsjeera

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:22 - Apr 18 by haynes_toe1

That being stuck at home has driven him to drugs?

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:29 - Apr 18 with 4476 viewsWicklowBlue

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:09 - Apr 18 by StokieBlue

SB

I hear you SB, but as I stated I don't know what the OPs living circumstances are. I've had neighbours who have been partial to a joint over the years but it was never strong enough to make us feel sick in our own home. Hence my qualifying question to ChrisMakin.
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:34 - Apr 18 with 4440 viewsvapour_trail

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:23 - Apr 18 by jeera

"their property than they can do what they like", well no, not really. Even Class Bs don't qualify as being ok cos it's in your own garden!

I used to like a puff and am more than happy for people who still do. (I do still like the smell too as it goes, but that's neither here nor there).

But if you don't smoke yourself then any smoking is horrible to have wafting through your windows at home. My neighbour smokes outside and I close my bathroom window cos it reeks.

"Hello mate, how you doing etc. Just a heads up that your smoke is coming in my home. Can you do us a favour and maybe smoke down the bottom of the garden please?"

Hmm. Don’t agree jeera. They might have a postbox garden. Do you say the same to someone having a barbie ? A bonfire?

My view, let them crack on and close your windows.

If it’s all the time have a word, but otherwise live and let live.

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:35 - Apr 18 with 4440 viewsPendejo

We have had this problem with a neighbour who had finished a spell in Chelmsford, even with doors and Windows closed it seeped thru the extractor fan blades and stank out our kitchen.

I politely asked him to smoke somewhere else as it is illegal to smoke in communal areas, signs saying this everywhere, didn't need to get into what he was smoking. But that'd be slightly different to your situation. But perhaps you could leave it as your smoke is coming in our house, as though he's smoking ordinary cancer sticks.

Said neighbour has now moved.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:39 - Apr 18 with 4411 viewsjeera

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:34 - Apr 18 by vapour_trail

Hmm. Don’t agree jeera. They might have a postbox garden. Do you say the same to someone having a barbie ? A bonfire?

My view, let them crack on and close your windows.

If it’s all the time have a word, but otherwise live and let live.

Ah, because I used my detective skills and sussed out from the OP that matey next door has moved his smoking location, which suggests it used to be somewhere else.

I assure you I'm no kill joy.

Unless it's constantly barking dogs, screaming kids, loud music, smoke, people, noise, any sounds whatsoever, traffic, birdsong...

I jest. I don't mind birdsong.

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:45 - Apr 18 with 4383 viewsWicklowBlue

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:23 - Apr 18 by jeera

Just like Stokie you have gone all literal on my post! People can enjoy the freedom of their own property, and yes any form of drug use is an offence I was not condoning it. Equally the point of the OP was how to deal with it, I said to have a gentle word.

Aside from that, is there really anything you can do?
Neighbours smoking weed on 22:47 - Apr 18 with 4363 viewsvapour_trail

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:39 - Apr 18 by jeera

Ah, because I used my detective skills and sussed out from the OP that matey next door has moved his smoking location, which suggests it used to be somewhere else.

I assure you I'm no kill joy.

Unless it's constantly barking dogs, screaming kids, loud music, smoke, people, noise, any sounds whatsoever, traffic, birdsong...

I jest. I don't mind birdsong.

I’ll pop round for a few j’s then. Anything to get away from the screaming kids.

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:48 - Apr 18 with 4357 viewsjeera

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:45 - Apr 18 by WicklowBlue

Just like Stokie you have gone all literal on my post! People can enjoy the freedom of their own property, and yes any form of drug use is an offence I was not condoning it. Equally the point of the OP was how to deal with it, I said to have a gentle word.

Aside from that, is there really anything you can do?

I did say I used to smoke a bit myself! I say a bit...

Yes, you are right, a gentle word would be the order of the day.

That or a hosepipe if it continues!

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:48 - Apr 18 with 4343 viewsjeera

Neighbours smoking weed on 22:47 - Apr 18 by vapour_trail

I’ll pop round for a few j’s then. Anything to get away from the screaming kids.

Anytime buh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024