Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 03:22 - Aug 7 with 3857 viewsitfctilidie

Really concerned for Dozzell. Got to be more than an ACL maybe a dislocation aswell? I ave completely ruptured by ACL playing football in the past and although its very painful, the use of the oxygen makes me wonder if its multiple ligaments or a dislocation. Find out later anyway
Dozzell on 07:23 - Aug 7 with 3653 viewsmarcus1642

Do you still play?
Dozzell on 07:25 - Aug 7 with 3645 viewsitfcjoe

They use oxygen every time they do the stretcher now, it really isn't any clue to the severity of the injury

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell on 07:52 - Aug 7 with 3558 viewsitfctilidie

Dozzell on 07:23 - Aug 7 by marcus1642

Do you still play?

not really, did it when i was 24, now 31, never really recovered, but then my rehab was scuppered by a trip to thailand...play five a side and actually starting training to have another go at it now. Everytime i play i get hindered by an injury normally on the bad leg. I am sure Dozzell's rehab will be much better than mine!
Dozzell on 07:59 - Aug 7 with 3520 viewschristiand

Dozzell on 07:52 - Aug 7 by itfctilidie

not really, did it when i was 24, now 31, never really recovered, but then my rehab was scuppered by a trip to thailand...play five a side and actually starting training to have another go at it now. Everytime i play i get hindered by an injury normally on the bad leg. I am sure Dozzell's rehab will be much better than mine!

Yes, think I'll be looking at TWTD at regular intervals today to see Dozzell's news - got my fingers crossed for him. I suppose the saving grace will be he'll get the best treatment and after-care that the club can offer.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Dozzell on 08:06 - Aug 7 with 3492 viewsDinnernotTea

Dozzell on 07:59 - Aug 7 by christiand

Yes, think I'll be looking at TWTD at regular intervals today to see Dozzell's news - got my fingers crossed for him. I suppose the saving grace will be he'll get the best treatment and after-care that the club can offer.

Age will help as well. At 18 he will heal quicker. If it's 1 year out then good to know at 19 he can still push on. Whatever the injury with the science we have now for injuries he'll be OK.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Dozzell on 08:21 - Aug 7 with 3440 viewsBurwell_Blue

Doz has ruptured his ACL, has been told 6 months out minimum.

No other injury reports.
Dozzell on 08:25 - Aug 7 with 3421 viewsnoggin

It was entonox (gas and air), used for pain relief.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Dozzell on 08:32 - Aug 7 with 3391 viewsLord_Lucan

Dozzell on 08:21 - Aug 7 by Burwell_Blue

Doz has ruptured his ACL, has been told 6 months out minimum.

No other injury reports.

If indeed you are correct and have definite info - which one might be sceptical..

I know little about these things but did a little research and it seems over the years things have got better with methods of treatment and treatment has gone down from 18 months to 6 months - although obviously this can differ due to many things. I found this comforting.

http://www.physioroom.com/info/acl-knee-injury-players-who-overcame-it/

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 08:37 - Aug 7 with 3343 viewstextbackup

Dozzell on 08:32 - Aug 7 by Lord_Lucan

If indeed you are correct and have definite info - which one might be sceptical..

I know little about these things but did a little research and it seems over the years things have got better with methods of treatment and treatment has gone down from 18 months to 6 months - although obviously this can differ due to many things. I found this comforting.

Back in time for playoffs then

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dozzell on 08:47 - Aug 7 with 3297 viewsArnieM

AD could have the feared Triade, which is ACL , MCL nad meniscus injuries. The thing in his favour is his young age . He should recover well and surgical techniques have advanced greatly over the last decade.

Good Luck Andre : Get fit soon mate !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dozzell on 09:50 - Aug 7 with 3121 viewsHarryWright

Dozzell on 08:32 - Aug 7 by Lord_Lucan

That makes things slightly more comforting - The biggest shame is that this could have been the season Dozzell cemented his place in the first team and he would've developed massively.
Dozzell on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 3114 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its not oxygen.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dozzell on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 3087 viewsclive_baker

Gas & air is just to mask the pain, doesn't really indicate the extent of an injury.

Most likely outcome is he's done his cruciate ligament and he'll be out of action until January, at which point he'll probably require a good few weeks of U21 football to get up to speed. I wouldn't expect to see him back in the first team fold until March, at a guess. He has age on his side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dozzell on 09:57 - Aug 7 with 3059 viewsMullet

Dozzell on 09:54 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

Gas & air is just to mask the pain, doesn't really indicate the extent of an injury.

Most likely outcome is he's done his cruciate ligament and he'll be out of action until January, at which point he'll probably require a good few weeks of U21 football to get up to speed. I wouldn't expect to see him back in the first team fold until March, at a guess. He has age on his side.

The biggest fear I have is seeing how it's done Bishop over. We can't really accommodate losing another bright young star for a year, only to then start a cycle of set backs and lose him for another year.

The irony being, this might be the injury that pushes Teddy back into contention I guess and gives him the platform to start anew in the team.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell on 10:03 - Aug 7 with 3025 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dozzell on 09:54 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

Yep, just pain relief. From experience, wears off pretty bloody quick too if you stop breathing the stuff in.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024