Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tory car crash continues apace 09:02 - Nov 7 with 2838 viewsuefacup81

They've just selected Nick Conrad as their candidate in the (until now) safe seat of Broadland up here in Norfolk.

The same Nick Conrad who said, at the time of the Ched Evans trial:

"I think women need to be more aware of a man’s sexual desire. When you’re in that position that you are about to engage in sexual activity there’s a huge amount of energy in the male body. There’s a huge amount of will and intent and it’s very difficult for many men to say no when they are whipped up into a bit of a storm. It’s the old adage about if you yank a dog’s tail then don’t be surprised when it bites you. You can’t keep snakes in the garden and think they’ll only bite your neighbours. If you tease, if you jump into bed naked with a man, if you give him all the signals and then he acts upon them, then you are partially responsible. What I’m trying to say is that women also have to understand that when a man’s given certain signals, he’ll wish to act upon them and if you don’t wish to give out the wrong signals, it’s best probably to keep your knickers on and not get into bed with him.”

Nice chap. He'll fit in well.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 9:03]

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 09:05 - Nov 7 with 2185 viewsBigManBlue

My old car (sans aerial after a prang on the ferry) could only get Radio Norfolk when I was out in the sticks, so perhaps I'm biased but I'd even rather he became and MP than went back onto local radio...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 2061 viewsuefacup81

That all went rather well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50341292

I'd understand the chain of events if this had only just come out, but given this was public knowledge from the start, just how badly can you misjudge something like this?!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 2047 viewsGirthyguy

Nicks got a point though.
The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:22 - Nov 7 with 2045 viewslowhouseblue

and just for balance another labour candidate stands down because of anti-semitism:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-50338256

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:25 - Nov 7 with 2025 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:22 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

and just for balance another labour candidate stands down because of anti-semitism:

Balance, whataboutery. You do you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:28 - Nov 7 with 2022 viewslowhouseblue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:25 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Balance, whataboutery. You do you.

well, i do think a day on which the deputy leader stands down, three recent labour mps recommend voting tory because the labour leader is unfit to govern, and yet another labour candidate falls because of anti-semitism ,counts as a bit of a car crash. don't you?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:34 - Nov 7 with 2000 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:28 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

well, i do think a day on which the deputy leader stands down, three recent labour mps recommend voting tory because the labour leader is unfit to govern, and yet another labour candidate falls because of anti-semitism ,counts as a bit of a car crash. don't you?

I'm not prepared to engage in your whataboutery. As I said, you do you.

Back on topic, it's good that Conrad isn't standing but also pretty shocking that it got this far when his comments weren't exactly not known about. That he stood down rather than got deselected doesn't reflect well on the Tories.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:38 - Nov 7 with 1992 viewslowhouseblue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:34 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

I'm not prepared to engage in your whataboutery. As I said, you do you.

Back on topic, it's good that Conrad isn't standing but also pretty shocking that it got this far when his comments weren't exactly not known about. That he stood down rather than got deselected doesn't reflect well on the Tories.

that the labour candidate stood down over anti-semitism rather than being deselected doesn't reflect well on corbyn.

Login to get fewer ads

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:39 - Nov 7 with 1981 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:21 - Nov 7 by Girthyguy

He really hasn't. There is a video that compares consent to making someone a cup of tea you might benefit from watching.

However, the jury in the retrial did find Evans not guilty for some reason didn't they?

The temporary Conservative candidate was bang out of order with his comments. Even BoJo recognises that and has had him removed as quickly as he was selected.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:46 - Nov 7 with 1957 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:38 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

that the labour candidate stood down over anti-semitism rather than being deselected doesn't reflect well on corbyn.

As I've said, if you want to engage in whataboutery then that's your call. You do you. Some of us would rather take the level of political discourse out of the gutter.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:54 - Nov 7 with 1917 viewsBlueAsTory

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:46 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

As I've said, if you want to engage in whataboutery then that's your call. You do you. Some of us would rather take the level of political discourse out of the gutter.

How will you feel when Boris gets a majority? Swinson says she is standing for PM, what a joke, needs to win another 310 seats? Never gonna happen.
Traditional Labour supporters won't vote for Corbyn and what he stands for.
The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:59 - Nov 7 with 1903 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:54 - Nov 7 by BlueAsTory

How will you feel when Boris gets a majority? Swinson says she is standing for PM, what a joke, needs to win another 310 seats? Never gonna happen.

Presumably a lot more depressed than you will.

The bigger question is why won't you feel depressed when Boris gets his majority?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:01 - Nov 7 with 1896 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:54 - Nov 7 by BlueAsTory

Not sure what that has to do with this thread. What are your views on the victim blaming Tory candidate standing down?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:22 - Nov 7 with 1863 viewsBlueAsTory

The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:01 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Not sure what that has to do with this thread. What are your views on the victim blaming Tory candidate standing down?

How about Watson standing down because he cannot stand Corbyn and what he stands for?
A lifelong Labour MP saying vote for Boris?

Bothe sides have their problems but Boris is a much safer bet than Comrade Corbyn
The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:28 - Nov 7 with 1853 viewsBlueAsTory

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:59 - Nov 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Presumably a lot more depressed than you will.

The bigger question is why won't you feel depressed when Boris gets his majority?

Because Boris has policies to make our country great again. Will deliver on Brexit and give business the certainty it craves.
Swinson should change their name to the Liberal Undemocrats.
The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:16 - Nov 8 with 1735 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:18 - Nov 7 by uefacup81

That all went rather well...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50341292

I'd understand the chain of events if this had only just come out, but given this was public knowledge from the start, just how badly can you misjudge something like this?!

Alun Cairns - “hold my beer”.

It does seem they need to be a bit more thorough in their vetting. Maybe they don’t have the resources to do so?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:18 - Nov 8 with 1730 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:22 - Nov 7 by BlueAsTory

How about Watson standing down because he cannot stand Corbyn and what he stands for?
A lifelong Labour MP saying vote for Boris?

Bothe sides have their problems but Boris is a much safer bet than Comrade Corbyn

This is just more whataboutery. Take your discussion out of the gutter and engage with what's actually being discussed in this thread.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:19 - Nov 8 with 1726 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 23:28 - Nov 7 by BlueAsTory

Because Boris has policies to make our country great again. Will deliver on Brexit and give business the certainty it craves.
Swinson should change their name to the Liberal Undemocrats.

Ah I see, you're a troll or a bot. Carry on then.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:19 - Nov 8 with 1726 viewschicoazul

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:21 - Nov 7 by Girthyguy

All that sexual energy eh. It's amazing us men dont just go around raping every woman we see!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:19 - Nov 8 with 1723 viewsHerbivore

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:16 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

Alun Cairns - “hold my beer”.

It does seem they need to be a bit more thorough in their vetting. Maybe they don’t have the resources to do so?

According to the news reports the Tories weren't in the process of taking action themselves against either. That's pretty shameful.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:23 - Nov 8 with 1717 viewsBluesquid

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:22 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

An honest answer please lowhouseblue, comparing Israel to an abused child who becomes an abusive adult, do you honestly class that comment as antisemitic?
The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:30 - Nov 8 with 1698 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:23 - Nov 8 by Bluesquid

An honest answer please lowhouseblue, comparing Israel to an abused child who becomes an abusive adult, do you honestly class that comment as antisemitic?

Didn't you read example 5, subsection (f)!
The comment was stupid yes, antisemitic no....over to Lowhouse.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Tory car crash continues apace on 08:44 - Nov 8 with 1683 viewsDubtractor

I was absolutely flabbergasted when I read that text yesterday.

A flippant one liner would be wrong, but almost forgivable with a sincere apology. But that rant is utterly disgusting. To both women and men to be honest.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The Tory car crash continues apace on 12:35 - Nov 8 with 1598 viewsEireannach_gorm

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:28 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

How are critical comments about Israel an anti Semitic act?
The Tory car crash continues apace on 12:45 - Nov 8 with 1567 viewsPinewoodblue

The Tory car crash continues apace on 22:38 - Nov 7 by lowhouseblue

And another one bites the dust. Labour candidate for Clacton has stood down. Seems is a councilor in Haringey añd made some remark comparing a Jewish councilor to Shylock. Claims he didn't know Shylock was a Jew.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024