Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow 16:06 - Dec 19 with 5462 viewsgtsb1966

do people think they will be passed in parliament or would the Tory and Labour parties have enough opposition to stop it. Would the labour party back the government on further restrictions?
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 1085 viewsBaggio_is_magic

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:37 - Dec 19 by textbackup

"get jabber and life will be normal again"

apart from the 2 week lockdown you'll be hit with every now and then.

madness

I think they will struggle to get as many to comply with this lockdown given the recent stories that have come out in the press. I would imagine many people will continue with their New Years plans (in their own homes/going to others) based on the fact that the government ignored the measures on multiple occasions. Obviously many choices will be taken out of their hands with closures etc.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:21 - Dec 20 with 1014 viewswitchdoctor

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:15 - Dec 19 by ZXBlue

My brother is returning to the uk from Lima for xmas, in 3 days time...

he’ll be full of beans on his return I guess?..😉
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:39 - Dec 20 with 973 viewsEwan_Oozami

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 19:47 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The difference between the blackout and anti-Covid measures being what exactly?

Are you ok Facters? You seem to be arguing with yourself here?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:52 - Dec 20 with 944 viewsjeera

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:39 - Dec 20 by Ewan_Oozami

Are you ok Facters? You seem to be arguing with yourself here?

Shhh.

We normally just pretend not to notice.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 932 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I know there's more important things, but would these new rules apply to sporting events? ive had a look and just says no indoor mixing, restaurants open for outside mixing. Says nothing about this.

Only want to know otherwise I won't book train travel for the 29th!
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:58 - Dec 20 with 902 viewsEwan_Oozami

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:52 - Dec 20 by jeera

Shhh.

We normally just pretend not to notice.

Oh I see, many apologies, hadn't realised it had gone that far...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:20 - Dec 20 with 853 viewsMookamoo

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 09:54 - Dec 20 by abracaDOBRA_

I know there's more important things, but would these new rules apply to sporting events? ive had a look and just says no indoor mixing, restaurants open for outside mixing. Says nothing about this.

Only want to know otherwise I won't book train travel for the 29th!

My money is on rule of 6/two households inside, outside eating only, outside sporting events at half capacity, non essential retail to remain open.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:25 - Dec 20 with 844 viewsjonbull88

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 17:37 - Dec 19 by textbackup

madness

This! I’m yet to have my booster, it’s booked but part of me thinks why bother? We’re told get double jabbed, now we need a 3rd. We will obviously need a 4th in 2023, however I’ll have had 3 in 7 months, will we actually need a 4th or 5th in 2022? Yet still face lockdowns as well, something I thought getting jabbed would help present.

For me the nhs being understaffed and underfunded for many years is the issue here, I remember about 15 years ago, my grandfather had a 4 hour wait in an ambulance due to no beds being available, nothing has changed really, couldn’t cope back then in winter, what chance have they now.
Login to get fewer ads

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:45 - Dec 20 with 814 viewsStokieBlue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:25 - Dec 20 by jonbull88

This! I’m yet to have my booster, it’s booked but part of me thinks why bother? We’re told get double jabbed, now we need a 3rd. We will obviously need a 4th in 2023, however I’ll have had 3 in 7 months, will we actually need a 4th or 5th in 2022? Yet still face lockdowns as well, something I thought getting jabbed would help present.

For me the nhs being understaffed and underfunded for many years is the issue here, I remember about 15 years ago, my grandfather had a 4 hour wait in an ambulance due to no beds being available, nothing has changed really, couldn’t cope back then in winter, what chance have they now.

It's not really anyone's fault that a heavily mutated variant of covid has arisen which requires a booster and then probably a dedicated vaccination.

It's entirely a false narrative to claim that scientists said get double jabbed and that would be it. The scientists were always clear there could/would be waning immunity and that if there was a nasty variant that evades the protection then another vaccine would be required.

We are incredibly lucky to have any vaccines at this point, it's been a monumental effort by the scientific community to get such effect vaccines out in a short period of time.

The NHS staffing is a separate debate and one that should certainly be had but even with more staff there still would have been huge issues with covid, especially without the vaccines. It's not just the UK and the NHS which have struggled is it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:48 - Dec 20 with 806 viewsStokieBlue

madness

Context is important when considering these things and the context has totally changed from any comments made over the summer of even pre-December.

Before Omicron evolved life was getting pretty much back to normal for most wasn't it?

If everyone gets their boosters then hopefully we can return to that state as soon as possible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:54 - Dec 20 with 778 viewslowhouseblue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:25 - Dec 20 by jonbull88

no health care system could cope with a virus which has very high infectivity and high rates of hospitalisation and death (relative to other seasonal viruses) without additional measures. the gov't strategy has been to manage it, and reduce peak pressure on the nhs, via vaccines. but the extreme infectivity of the new variant means that probably can't work in the short-term because of the numbers likely to be hospitalised in the nest month. that doesn't alter the importance of vaccines - or of updating them as variants develop and protection wanes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 11:19 - Dec 20 with 724 viewschicoazul

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The Labour Party will always, unlike stupid, ignorant tory backbenchers, do the right thing.

The trick Labour needs to pull off is ensuring boris remains PM. He's their biggest electoral asset.

Like voting for the Iraq war.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 11:21 - Dec 20 with 720 viewsBlueRaider

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 16:13 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

The Labour Party will always, unlike stupid, ignorant tory backbenchers, do the right thing.

The trick Labour needs to pull off is ensuring boris remains PM. He's their biggest electoral asset.

The worst thing for Starmer would be if Boris went and someone competent like Hunt came in

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 12:19 - Dec 20 with 670 viewsjonbull88

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 10:45 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

It's not really anyone's fault that a heavily mutated variant of covid has arisen which requires a booster and then probably a dedicated vaccination.

It's entirely a false narrative to claim that scientists said get double jabbed and that would be it. The scientists were always clear there could/would be waning immunity and that if there was a nasty variant that evades the protection then another vaccine would be required.

We are incredibly lucky to have any vaccines at this point, it's been a monumental effort by the scientific community to get such effect vaccines out in a short period of time.

The NHS staffing is a separate debate and one that should certainly be had but even with more staff there still would have been huge issues with covid, especially without the vaccines. It's not just the UK and the NHS which have struggled is it.

SB

My view is we’re told to have the vaccine, which right most of us have, however if we still have the threat of lockdowns and heavy restrictions, what is the point? The issue of the nhs being overrun isn’t new, it’s been going on for many years pre covid. I truly believe with a well funded and staffed nhs, there wouldn’t be any threat of a lockdown.
If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 13:03 - Dec 20 with 620 viewsjeera

madness

I hut to break it to you but it doesn't seem to be working like that after all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 13:28 - Dec 20 with 573 viewsRadlett_blue

If more covid restrictions are announced tomorrow on 11:21 - Dec 20 by BlueRaider

The worst thing for Starmer would be if Boris went and someone competent like Hunt came in

While Hunt appears competent & intelligent, he lacks charisma so not sure about his electoral appeal, while I gather that as a former Tory health minister, he is hated by the young.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024