Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala 16:59 - Aug 12 with 1086 viewsjayessess

Curious about what the rules are for when we have to finalise our squad list of 20 senior players and what that means for anyone carrying a significant injury at that point.

At the moment excluding bomb squadders and likely outgoing loanees, we've got 18 senior players. We're expected to sign a CB and CM to take us up to 20.

So if Norwood and Nsiala, for instance, are carrying significant injuries, the choice is (a) put them in the squad list and make do until they're fit or (b) don't register them and have them de facto unavailable for selection until January? Have I got that right?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 17:53 - Aug 12 with 943 viewsGuthrum

Clubs can apply to the EFL to swap players in and out of the selection at any time, always respecting the maximum limit of 22 over-age outfield players.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:06 - Aug 12 with 895 viewsjayessess

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 17:53 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

Clubs can apply to the EFL to swap players in and out of the selection at any time, always respecting the maximum limit of 22 over-age outfield players.

It's 20 over-age outfield players, isn't it? 22 was last year.
Surely it can't be the case that you can swap players in and out at any time? If that were the case it wouldn't be a meaningful restriction at all, you'd just recruit as many players as you liked and then swap them in and out on a weekly basis.

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:13 - Aug 12 with 866 viewsGuthrum

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:06 - Aug 12 by jayessess

Surely it can't be the case that you can swap players in and out at any time? If that were the case it wouldn't be a meaningful restriction at all, you'd just recruit as many players as you liked and then swap them in and out on a weekly basis.

22 this year as well. It should have been 20 (inc. goalies), but they changed it.

As I read it, swaps can happen at any time, but there is a formal application process, with EFL approval necessary. So that would provide a brake on any abuse, plus some justification is presumably required, e.g. long-term injury or new signings.

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:31 - Aug 12 with 785 viewsjayessess

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:13 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

22 this year as well. It should have been 20 (inc. goalies), but they changed it.

As I read it, swaps can happen at any time, but there is a formal application process, with EFL approval necessary. So that would provide a brake on any abuse, plus some justification is presumably required, e.g. long-term injury or new signings.

I can't see anything on the EFL website or in the news about them retracting the 20 outfielders rule? Not doubting you, just not seen anything.

Presumably "our player got injured in August, so we registered someone else until he was fit" wouldn't meet the league's criteria...

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:54 - Aug 12 with 683 viewsGuthrum

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:31 - Aug 12 by jayessess

I can't see anything on the EFL website or in the news about them retracting the 20 outfielders rule? Not doubting you, just not seen anything.

Presumably "our player got injured in August, so we registered someone else until he was fit" wouldn't meet the league's criteria...

I'd have to search for the article.

The rules don't specify what criteria may or may not be acceptable to swap players in or out of the squad. EFL vagueness.

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:03 - Aug 12 with 644 viewschrismakin

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 18:06 - Aug 12 by jayessess

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:
(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:08 - Aug 12 with 625 viewsjayessess

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:03 - Aug 12 by chrismakin

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:
(i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
(ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

The limit set out in Regulation 43.9.1(b)(ii) increases to 22 for any Club relegated into League One, for its first Season following relegation.

43.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b) in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs, any Under 21 Players.

I'd read that, but lots of the regulations on the EFL website seem not to be up to date.

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:11 - Aug 12 with 608 viewschrismakin

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:08 - Aug 12 by jayessess

I'd read that, but lots of the regulations on the EFL website seem not to be up to date.

Ah, sorry didn't know that,

Also, I could have sworn that some squads through the EFL had squad restrictions if they took the leagues offer of financial help outside of the original Prem Grant through Covid....

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:13 - Aug 12 with 606 viewsjayessess

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:11 - Aug 12 by chrismakin

Also, I could have sworn that some squads through the EFL had squad restrictions if they took the leagues offer of financial help outside of the original Prem Grant through Covid....

There's a 2021-22 rules document on there that seems to back up Guthrum's 22 outfield players thing:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:19 - Aug 12 with 585 viewsBloomBlue

Squad List / Norwood and Nsiala on 19:11 - Aug 12 by chrismakin

The way it was stated the other day on the radio only teams relegated last season to L1 could have a 22 player squad, all the others it was 20 for this season 2021/2022
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024