Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 15:15 - Dec 3 with 4566 viewscleggo

the stick that Cook is getting from the numbskulls on Twitter and here really does beggar belief.

He inherited a team that had no style, couldn’t score and may as well have not bothered turning up against any top of the table sides.

Ok, he’s been backed financially and results haven’t been great.. but we’re half way through a season and up there with the top scorers in the league and had a couple of massive results against good sides. The biggest issues have been solved, now we just need to tighten up at the other end and we’ll be flying. Get a grip and get behind the team!
Paul Cook on 15:18 - Dec 3 with 2510 viewsSteve_M

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Cook on 15:18 - Dec 3 with 2507 viewsYallop

Well said that man
Paul Cook on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 2507 viewsReusersgreasymop

Wow, are you sure this is the platform for you?
Sounds like you may actually be talking sense.

Well said Cleggo, in Cook we trust.

RGM
Paul Cook on 15:22 - Dec 3 with 2487 viewsclive_baker

Some of our fans are complete morons, they really are.

I think it's entirely reasonable to question why and how we're 11th in a league campaign that promised so much more, but the amount of bed wetting and over analysing of every word he says is tragic.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paul Cook on 15:25 - Dec 3 with 2449 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cook having kicked out that shower after last season remains the best thing he's done so far. We needed to get rid as many of them as possible.

It's necessarily not about results. His favourite formation and stubbornness to it makes us no threat for the top teams. He doesn't seem to be willing to tweak/change it therefore it won't be surprise at all if we end up after 46 games where we are now.
Paul Cook on 15:26 - Dec 3 with 2434 viewsVaughan8

I understand some of the stick he's getting. We wanted instant success, along with some people making out like our players would walk this league - "we have a championship team" blah blah.

It seems no-one can wait for anything. If these new investors wanted to go up this season, I think he'd be gone by now.

So it suggests to me, rightly or wrongly, they are willing to wait?
Paul Cook on 15:29 - Dec 3 with 2385 viewsKeaneish

It’s funny because I remember a few Pompey fans coming on here at the start of the season saying what a good manager we had and that we might have a slow start but Cook always comes good. It was around the same time the board asked for patience and Cook himself said we might have a slow start.

Fast forward a few months and Pompey fans are still saying the same as are the club but a small band on here and social media are stamping their feet.

Stand strong glass hall full crew, the benefits are just around the corner.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Cook on 15:31 - Dec 3 with 2362 viewshomer_123

Yes, I make you right. Almost top scorers, couple of decent wins and 11th in L1.

THESE ARE THE DAYS
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 15:33]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook on 15:33 - Dec 3 with 2334 viewsBeckets

Paul Cook on 15:29 - Dec 3 by Keaneish

It’s funny because I remember a few Pompey fans coming on here at the start of the season saying what a good manager we had and that we might have a slow start but Cook always comes good. It was around the same time the board asked for patience and Cook himself said we might have a slow start.

Fast forward a few months and Pompey fans are still saying the same as are the club but a small band on here and social media are stamping their feet.

Stand strong glass hall full crew, the benefits are just around the corner.

Can you define "just around the corner" so I can manage my expectations. One week, one month, two months?
Paul Cook on 15:34 - Dec 3 with 2335 viewsFixed_It

Paul Cook on 15:18 - Dec 3 by Steve_M

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/

Yes, we know Steve. It's not good enough. But sacking the manager is not always the answer. Sometimes you have to hold firm and weather the storm. If his previous track record was iffy it would be a different matter. But we have a proven manager.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Paul Cook on 15:36 - Dec 3 with 2293 viewsFightingEssex

I didn't realise it was the supporters fault he's made such a big stuff of his job.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Paul Cook on 15:38 - Dec 3 with 2278 viewsLankHenners

Be interested to know what you thought the biggest issues were and how they've been solved.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Paul Cook on 15:41 - Dec 3 with 2257 viewshomer_123

Paul Cook on 15:34 - Dec 3 by Fixed_It

Yes, we know Steve. It's not good enough. But sacking the manager is not always the answer. Sometimes you have to hold firm and weather the storm. If his previous track record was iffy it would be a different matter. But we have a proven manager.

"Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

Sometimes change is needed.

Paul Cook on 15:42 - Dec 3 with 2260 viewshomer_123

Paul Cook on 15:38 - Dec 3 by LankHenners

Be interested to know what you thought the biggest issues were and how they've been solved.

Individual mistakes

Gelled as a team

Switching off

Off the ball work

Subs having a positive effect when made

In game tactical changes

Paul Cook on 15:46 - Dec 3 with 2240 viewsBluedandy

Social media is a medieval cesspit ... PC needs to be given the whole season ... the nerdy wall to wall second by second armchair analysis of every tactical emission of wind is so dull ...

If PC fails to make top 6 by end of season then it's the chop ... until then give the bloke a break ..
Paul Cook on 15:52 - Dec 3 with 2208 viewsIllinoisblue

How much stick is he actually getting? I see lots of discussion and frustration but not a lot of stick or abuse.

We’re failing miserably in the third tier. You can dress it up and spin the “top scorers and two good away results” all you like but the simple fact is Cook has not yet delivered.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Cook on 16:07 - Dec 3 with 2134 viewsBasuco

I am not pro or anti Paul Cook, but Town were in 7th place when he took over as manager, spent a lot on wages to put a very competitive looking side together, he has not yet managed to get his Town side up to 7th place as of yet. Long way to go and lots of points to play for, but purely on league position with the squad at his disposal, he must expect to be questioned on performance. We will see what the remainder of the season brings, 27 points off 20 games is not a great return for a big budget squad.
Paul Cook on 16:12 - Dec 3 with 2083 viewsjayessess

Heck of a lot of naivety and blind faith on this thread. Cook might come good but it's odds very much against at this point.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Paul Cook on 16:31 - Dec 3 with 1980 viewscleggo

Paul Cook on 15:52 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

How much stick is he actually getting? I see lots of discussion and frustration but not a lot of stick or abuse.

We’re failing miserably in the third tier. You can dress it up and spin the “top scorers and two good away results” all you like but the simple fact is Cook has not yet delivered.

“Cook has not yet delivered” - we are not even at Christmas yet. What exactly has he not delivered?!
Paul Cook on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 1931 viewsMattinLondon

A team, as you put it, with no style, couldn’t score and may as well have not bothered turning up against any top of the table sides, still managed to have more points than what Cook’s team has?

And some wonder why others have issues with Cook.
Paul Cook on 16:41 - Dec 3 with 1929 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook on 16:31 - Dec 3 by cleggo

“Cook has not yet delivered” - we are not even at Christmas yet. What exactly has he not delivered?!

Wins, good form, points, hope.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook on 16:43 - Dec 3 with 1916 viewsmonty_radio

"The biggest issues have been solved". If we're talking structure, investment and an attractive-seeming squad, then I make the O.P. right. If we're talking reasonable levels of entertainment, then right again. But if we're wanting genuine movement in terms of our match-readiness and really beginning to boss games, excepting a couple of rightly trumpeted but ultimately non-trendsetting displays, the league table means that it's a slightly happy but one-handed clap from me. And I can't find myself just hoping that tomorrow is set to be brighter when the only consistency we've displayed is in falling away after bright starts while the manager utters witty but distancing platitudes to keep all naysayers at bay.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Paul Cook on 16:44 - Dec 3 with 1912 viewsblueboyd

idiotic post
Paul Cook on 16:47 - Dec 3 with 1900 viewsjayessess

Mystifying to me why so many seem so confident that 9 months of bad results is likely a prelude to years of success.

Fair enough, you've got faith, but people aren't "numbskulls" for anticipating the most likely outcome - that bad results are usually simply a prelude to more bad results.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Paul Cook on 17:00 - Dec 3 with 1834 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Cook on 16:31 - Dec 3 by cleggo

He’s been in charge 9 months, still doesn’t know his best team, and we’re still struggling to compete in division three.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024