Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... 08:32 - Jan 23 with 2269 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...in terms of discipline?

I can't remember the criteria for whether an incident can or not.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 2250 viewsHerbivore

Only if the ref failed to see it I believe. If the ref saw it and it's in his report and he decided to take no action then I don't think they can do anything.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:48 - Jan 23 with 2159 viewsfranz_tyson

Maybe there’s more clear footage, but I didn’t see a punch, maybe a slap at best. And was it deliberate - I think they’d have to be sure there was deliberate intent. Nowhere near hard enough to floor another player.
Brenner made the point early on when Accrington got a player booked on a foul on Morsy that they’d try and get him booked. Like to think the officials take into account that they were looking to turn this into a niggly game and get players booked.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 9:08]
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:56 - Jan 23 with 2112 viewsSchancheITFC

From where I sat I think Edmondson was targeted with a cheap shot with the head clash.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 2085 viewsEdmundo

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:56 - Jan 23 by SchancheITFC

From where I sat I think Edmondson was targeted with a cheap shot with the head clash.

Leaving a foot in on Walton? Yellow.
Stray arm across Celina 's neck (so late the ball was gone): yellow-red.
So many other fouls by Stanley....

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:04 - Jan 23 with 2056 viewsEastTownBlue

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:33 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Only if the ref failed to see it I believe. If the ref saw it and it's in his report and he decided to take no action then I don't think they can do anything.

Or any of the other officials. If the fourth official saw the incident clearly then nothing can happen.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 1946 viewsWickets

Anyone watching the vid can see that the Acc. player raises his arm first Morsy just goes to slap his arm away . Maybe just catches his shoulder its unclear . I will be very surprised it retrospective action is even considered .
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:55 - Jan 23 with 1879 viewsDJR

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 08:48 - Jan 23 by franz_tyson

Maybe there’s more clear footage, but I didn’t see a punch, maybe a slap at best. And was it deliberate - I think they’d have to be sure there was deliberate intent. Nowhere near hard enough to floor another player.
Brenner made the point early on when Accrington got a player booked on a foul on Morsy that they’d try and get him booked. Like to think the officials take into account that they were looking to turn this into a niggly game and get players booked.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 9:08]

I posted this on another thread

"It looked like a jab from where I was in SBR. If it had been seen, he would have been sent off."

And when someone queried how I could see from there, and thought I was going by the AS player's reaction, I posted

"It was off the ball which may explain why the ref didn't pick it up, but I was watching Morsy when it happened. I also had the perfect angle, which the referee and others may not have had, and my friends and I all thought he was very lucky it was not spotted. The thing is that Morsy frequently commits fouls on the sly, and generally gets away with it because he is clever with it. As regards the distance, it was in our half, and my eyesight isn't that bad. In addition, I saw the jab before the player reacted, so his reaction had nothing to do with it.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 10:46 - Jan 23 with 1710 viewscarlisleaway

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:55 - Jan 23 by DJR

"It looked like a jab from where I was in SBR. If it had been seen, he would have been sent off."

And when someone queried how I could see from there, and thought I was going by the AS player's reaction, I posted

"It was off the ball which may explain why the ref didn't pick it up, but I was watching Morsy when it happened. I also had the perfect angle, which the referee and others may not have had, and my friends and I all thought he was very lucky it was not spotted. The thing is that Morsy frequently commits fouls on the sly, and generally gets away with it because he is clever with it. As regards the distance, it was in our half, and my eyesight isn't that bad. In addition, I saw the jab before the player reacted, so his reaction had nothing to do with it.

How about on this thread a bit of support for the players after the way Stanley continuously roughed us up throughout the game. It is about time we dished out to teams trying to dominate the game in the way Stanley did. That was a great game to watch apart from the first 20 minutes, also shows other teams that Ipswich are not just a footballing team and can mix it with those teams who will play that way.
Login to get fewer ads

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 1662 viewsfranz_tyson

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 09:55 - Jan 23 by DJR

You could be right with your perfect view. If you’ve got good video evidence from your view maybe send it to the FA or Andy Holt. Because I’m not sure he has a solid case. The view I’ve seen just doesn’t confirm it was a deliberate punch or jab. Could be it was a instinctive response to push back against the thrusted arm from their player in the first place.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 11:44 - Jan 23 with 1537 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The panel on quest saying a straight red from a right hook.

3 game coming 🤦🏼‍♂️????
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 12:12 - Jan 23 with 1457 viewsEastTownBlue

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 11:44 - Jan 23 by BtreeBlueBlood

The panel on quest saying a straight red from a right hook.

3 game coming 🤦🏼‍♂️????

I hope not but if the FA charge him it could be four matches as he already has had a previous red card this season.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 14:37 - Jan 23 with 1273 viewsDJR

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 10:46 - Jan 23 by carlisleaway

How about on this thread a bit of support for the players after the way Stanley continuously roughed us up throughout the game. It is about time we dished out to teams trying to dominate the game in the way Stanley did. That was a great game to watch apart from the first 20 minutes, also shows other teams that Ipswich are not just a footballing team and can mix it with those teams who will play that way.

I don't think foul play in the form of a punch is the Ipswich way but what I have found encouraging under McKenna is the way that we have stood up to physical teams such as Wycombe and AS in a robust but fair manner.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 1224 viewsronnyd

Off topic for which i apologise, Tyrone Mings didn't mince his words on MOTD over the bottle throwing at Goodison yesterday. A very articulate young man.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 14:56 - Jan 23 with 1185 viewsFightingEssex

I think WWE will be looking at it, as it’s fooled more people with the play acting then they’ve ever managed.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 15:09 - Jan 23 with 1151 viewsDJR

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 10:56 - Jan 23 by franz_tyson

You could be right with your perfect view. If you’ve got good video evidence from your view maybe send it to the FA or Andy Holt. Because I’m not sure he has a solid case. The view I’ve seen just doesn’t confirm it was a deliberate punch or jab. Could be it was a instinctive response to push back against the thrusted arm from their player in the first place.

I can't imagine the FA will be interested in the views of a spectator. The question will be whether they can act retrospectively, and what the TV evidence is. In any event, my comment was not intended to dish the dirt, but instead to offer an observation from someone who doesn't look on things in the blinkered way that many fans do, namely, that our team can do no wrong, the opposition are all baddies and the referee is always wrong. Perhaps it's down to the fact that I was brought up playing both football and rugby, and prefer the ethos of the latter.
Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 15:32 - Jan 23 with 1100 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can Morsy's 'punch' be looked at retrospectively... on 14:56 - Jan 23 by FightingEssex

I think WWE will be looking at it, as it’s fooled more people with the play acting then they’ve ever managed.

This is the point.

Did the player rolling around on the floor get physio treatment? Was there any suggestion he had been hurt? Even if there had been, the footage shown does not make it clear whether it is an intentional "punch" or a coming together as a result of their player "throwing the first punch" as it were. The fact he has gone arm length out to "hit" Morsy should also be considered.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024