Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? 06:23 - Feb 9 with 2404 viewsbobbyramsey

Should we buy him?
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 06:27 - Feb 9 with 2128 viewsStrimmer

We should consider him…. But see what else is available. And if go for him, keep the costs down. He’s far from a sure thing, much as I like him

Poll: Was it a punch?

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 07:04 - Feb 9 with 2009 viewsArnieM

Based on current form ( for most of his time here in fact ), I’d say probably not .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 07:11 - Feb 9 with 1981 viewsChrisd

Not for me. I appreciate he has that strong Ipswich connection, but he misses too many chances, ones you’d expect a striker of his level to take.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 07:31 - Feb 9 with 1881 viewsJimmy86

His early season form when he went through that purple patch put him in the driving seat, but his recent record (1 goal in 17 games) is woeful... certainly wouldn't allow him to dictate further negotiations... do love him, but needs to find his early season form again
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 07:45 - Feb 9 with 1812 viewsBseaBlue

If we are still in league one and he is free at a reasonable price we would be mad not too!

Yes he missed a couple of good chances but his all round play was good last night. There aren't many headers and flick ons he doesn't win and his movement is excellent.

It was notable that when Norwood came on he wasn't winning the ball in the air and keeping it in the opposition half like Bonne was. I feel he could be very important in the pressing style that KMC wants.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 08:51 - Feb 9 with 1634 viewsGuthrum

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 07:45 - Feb 9 by BseaBlue

If we are still in league one and he is free at a reasonable price we would be mad not too!

Yes he missed a couple of good chances but his all round play was good last night. There aren't many headers and flick ons he doesn't win and his movement is excellent.

It was notable that when Norwood came on he wasn't winning the ball in the air and keeping it in the opposition half like Bonne was. I feel he could be very important in the pressing style that KMC wants.

That's the thing. A good forward isn't just a goalscorer. It's someone who gets others into the game, holds the ball up and occupies defenders as well. He forces the opposition to commit men to marking him, affecting their entire structure.

If the defenders are watching when Bonne's run is going to happen, trying to catch him offside again, they are having to pay less attention to Burns charging into a gap, or whatever Celina is up to.

Edit: I'd take him in the Championship, too.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 8:52]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 08:53 - Feb 9 with 1613 viewsnoggin

Yes.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:03 - Feb 9 with 1558 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep, I'd still take him. But given we could still need another 2 or even 3 strikers after him, he could be in for some better competition.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 1550 viewsBseaBlue

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:03 - Feb 9 by Kieran_Knows

Yep, I'd still take him. But given we could still need another 2 or even 3 strikers after him, he could be in for some better competition.

Agreed. In the same way that we need someone else that can do the Morsy stuff in midfield, we need someone else that can make the ball stick up top.

We have so many talented attacking midfield options that the glue to bring them into the final third is vital to us. Bonne does that very well but would be good to have some competition for him.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:07 - Feb 9 with 1543 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Yes and i presume his price will have gone down now. He's an important part of the dynamics here, he knows what it means
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:11 - Feb 9 with 1516 viewsBlueBlood90

If he's available around the £500k mark then yes.

Normally I would say he deserves to be dropped as 1 goal in 17 is not good enough but I would start him on Saturday. Can you imagine being an Ipswich fan playing for the club in front of 7,200 away fans? Surely he will be so up for this one.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:12 - Feb 9 with 1508 viewstractorshark

100% yes. Quite simply, we look a better team with him in it.
Yes he’s going through a drought but his link-up play is excellent.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:15 - Feb 9 with 1480 viewsChurchman

Yes. He is a good player with the right attitude.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:18 - Feb 9 with 1448 viewsFPL_Tractor

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 08:51 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

That's the thing. A good forward isn't just a goalscorer. It's someone who gets others into the game, holds the ball up and occupies defenders as well. He forces the opposition to commit men to marking him, affecting their entire structure.

If the defenders are watching when Bonne's run is going to happen, trying to catch him offside again, they are having to pay less attention to Burns charging into a gap, or whatever Celina is up to.

Edit: I'd take him in the Championship, too.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 8:52]

I'd have him. It's interesting that McKenna said last night they've been trying to get the striker into the game more which I think has been a fair criticism of the team recently, hopefully they can and Bonne can get back on the goal trail.

Next year i'd anticipate our main strikers being Pigott, Bonne and another front line striker - whether that's a pretty equal competition for Bonne or someone a tier higher probably depends on the league we're in.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:18 - Feb 9 with 1446 viewsBiGDonnie

Yes, definitely.

Really not surprised with all the no answers. Grow up lads.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:19 - Feb 9 with 1434 viewsIPS_wich

Putting aside his Town connections he is objectively a better all round forward than Piggott, Norwood or Jackson. So, if he is available for under $1million he immediately improves the squad. I would happily let the other three go, sign Bonne and one more striker (ideally an upgrade on Bonne) - noting that Chaplin can also play as a forward. As noted he also offers much more to the McKenna game style than the others do as well.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:22 - Feb 9 with 1410 viewsxrayspecs

Depends who else is available.

Based on the whole season, he is very wasteful and not as good as the best strikers in this league.

I can see why he is not getting game time in the championship.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:27 - Feb 9 with 1380 viewsNthQldITFC

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:11 - Feb 9 by BlueBlood90

If he's available around the £500k mark then yes.

Normally I would say he deserves to be dropped as 1 goal in 17 is not good enough but I would start him on Saturday. Can you imagine being an Ipswich fan playing for the club in front of 7,200 away fans? Surely he will be so up for this one.

I think he's always up for it, in fact the extra pressure of being the local hero, might be what's making him a bit tense in those moments when you need to be loose and hungry. Could also be the reason for a few too many offsides.

I agree his general play is good and would definitely sign him, perhaps just need to find a way to get him a bit more relaxed and maybe arrogant (if that's not a contradiction) in games.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 10:35 - Feb 9 with 1213 viewsFPL_Tractor

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:19 - Feb 9 by IPS_wich

Putting aside his Town connections he is objectively a better all round forward than Piggott, Norwood or Jackson. So, if he is available for under $1million he immediately improves the squad. I would happily let the other three go, sign Bonne and one more striker (ideally an upgrade on Bonne) - noting that Chaplin can also play as a forward. As noted he also offers much more to the McKenna game style than the others do as well.

I think i'd keep Pigott, write it off as a bad year and hope McKenna's coaching can reinvigorate him next season but of course that relies on him wanting to stay and what level of bids we get for him.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:08 - Feb 9 with 1097 viewsmylittletown

I think the answer has to be yes.
Whilst we can now perhaps see why he doesn't get much game time at a good Championship side, we can also see why decent Championship sides have been interested in him.
He is a more all-round player than our other strikers (that maybe a bit unfair to Piggott) and he has a good work rate.
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 1058 viewsclive_baker

I'm not entirely convinced he's all that suited to this lone role with Chaplin / Celina off him, he looks to me like he prefers having a strike partner in a more out and out front 2. He certainly never lacks effort and I love to see his passion, it can only be a good example to those around him to have people like that in the squad.

He's not played alongside Norwood since Bolton but when they did play together I thought they were a right handful, so I guess it depends where KM sees us going by way of his approach, and if MB suits that longer term. I would certainly be pleased to see him extend his stay, he's at a good age too.

Speaking of ages, we've got a really nice blend in the team now I think. The team yesterday was 26, 28, 23, 24, 27, 21, 23, 27, 25, 24, 26.

Such an improvement on what we saw last season. Even if it's not meant to be this season, if feels like we're building towards something at least that can continue to improve, rather than short term sticky plasters.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 1052 viewshype313

Yes, and whilst he's had his goal drought, that did coincide with the loss of Burns for a while which was pivotal in his early season form, also more recently we haven't created many chances for our strikers, so he has been given chicken feed.

His all round work though up top is very good, won't take much for him to start banging in the goals again, QPR paid a decent amount of money for him and other Championship clubs were interested, so he's clearly well thought of.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:45 - Feb 9 with 974 viewsjayessess

Yes, absolutely. He's the best all round striker at the club, even when he isn't on it goals-wise. It also can't hurt to have someone around the squad who knows what this club means. to people.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:50 - Feb 9 with 938 viewsnorfsufblue

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 09:19 - Feb 9 by IPS_wich

You say he is better than Pigott but we have never given him the chance to play the number of consecutive games Bonne has even when in poor form.... I actually wouldn't mind seeing them paired up for a run of games .... they may just spark off each other?
If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 887 viewsDarth_Koont

If Bonne bacame available in the summer.........? on 10:35 - Feb 9 by FPL_Tractor

I think i'd keep Pigott, write it off as a bad year and hope McKenna's coaching can reinvigorate him next season but of course that relies on him wanting to stay and what level of bids we get for him.

Agreed.

Funnily enough, I get the feeling that Pigott is probably the sort of striker who will help knit our attacks together more than any of the others. But in the meantime when it’s a bit scrappier others like Bonne, Norwood and even Jackson look better bets.

All bets are off if we go up though. Think we will need a completely different level of striker. But in League One we should be able to make better use of a player who scored 20 league goals for Wimbledon.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024