Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Motty... 23:16 - Sep 6 with 1065 viewsgood_at_COD

...doesn't really matter if you liked him as a commentator or not. I've been reading some stuff about him and came across an excellent Barney Ronay piece from the Guardian in 2011. Some great comments from readers but this one stands out from the crowd.....

Motty lives in a village a couple of miles away from me. My mate moved there about ten years ago, and although I went up there and met him for a couple in his local on numerous occasions, it was never on a night when the man himself dropped in, despite him being a regular there.

Nonetheless, my mate loves his tale of the night a woman he'd recently started dating came out with him to the local pub. Motty was there and they sat at the same table. She had to leave early and said her goodbyes, while my mate stayed on. After she'd walked out the door, Motty turned to my mate and said (in his proper on the telly Motty voice),

"So, Phil. Mary - new signing, is she?"

Giggsy

Motty... on 23:22 - Sep 6 with 1049 viewsgood_at_COD

...loved a stat. So how about this - he wasn't the only pupil from his class at Culford to carve out a career in television sport. The not-so-national treasure that is Gary Newbon also had his moments.

Giggsy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024