Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref has bottled that 20:44 - Jun 25 with 1788 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If he thinks it’s a foul it has to be a red. Yellow is an absolute cop out

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ref has bottled that on 20:46 - Jun 25 with 1777 viewsSpruceMoose

Indeed. You know what he was thinking 'Oh fook. That's a red, but can't end the tournament for it's main star now Messi has bottled it'. That was red all day long.

Yet another terrible referring decision.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ref has bottled that on 20:53 - Jun 25 with 1752 viewsStokieBlue

I didn't think it's a red. Guy leans back into him, Ronaldo trying to get past for the ball is blocked. Might as well start sending everyone off at this rate.

Nothing on the penalty though, total farce.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ref has bottled that on 20:55 - Jun 25 with 1745 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ref has bottled that on 20:53 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

I didn't think it's a red. Guy leans back into him, Ronaldo trying to get past for the ball is blocked. Might as well start sending everyone off at this rate.

SB

I half agree - but it’s either nothing or a red, no inbetween. FWIW it did look like Ronaldo struck out, although the defender definitely made a meal of it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ref has bottled that on 20:56 - Jun 25 with 1740 viewsStokieBlue

Ref has bottled that on 20:55 - Jun 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I half agree - but it’s either nothing or a red, no inbetween. FWIW it did look like Ronaldo struck out, although the defender definitely made a meal of it

Well the first free kick would have been obstruction against the Iranian player.

Do tend to agree though, if he thinks there is something in it then yellow is strange.

SB

Ref has bottled that on 20:58 - Jun 25 with 1724 viewsPinewoodblue

Ref has bottled that on 20:53 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

SB

The movement of the arm was deliberate, the look of fear on Ronaldo's face gave I away.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ref has bottled that on 20:59 - Jun 25 with 1721 viewsSpruceMoose

Ref has bottled that on 20:56 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

Well the first free kick would have been obstruction against the Iranian player.

Do tend to agree though, if he thinks there is something in it then yellow is strange.

SB

Yeah agree with that. The yellow is daft. Either Ronaldo committed the foul deliberately, in which case it's a red, or it was a foul, so no card. If the Iranian is judged to have fouled first, then no card for Ronaldo.

Ref thinks it's a foul by Ronaldo, but has bottled the red.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ref has bottled that on 21:02 - Jun 25 with 1709 viewsvapour_trail

Ref has bottled that on 20:58 - Jun 25 by Pinewoodblue

The movement of the arm was deliberate, the look of fear on Ronaldo's face gave I away.

He didn’t quite catch him but he tried to do him. Op correct, cannot be a yellow.

He should have gone.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Ref has bottled that on 21:05 - Jun 25 with 1695 viewsStokieBlue

Ref has bottled that on 21:02 - Jun 25 by vapour_trail

He didn’t quite catch him but he tried to do him. Op correct, cannot be a yellow.

He should have gone.

Not sure using VAR for sending people off who are ajudged to have tried to do something but failed is going to end well.

By that definition the Panama centre half should have gone for trying to nut Maguire but that wasn't even reviewed. He failed hence no review.

Willing to admit I'm wrong, I'll look again in a bit. None of the pundits think it was a red or even a yellow so probably a stonewall red.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Ref has bottled that on 21:15 - Jun 25 with 1665 viewspeterleeblue

Ref has bottled that on 21:05 - Jun 25 by StokieBlue

Not sure using VAR for sending people off who are ajudged to have tried to do something but failed is going to end well.

By that definition the Panama centre half should have gone for trying to nut Maguire but that wasn't even reviewed. He failed hence no review.

Willing to admit I'm wrong, I'll look again in a bit. None of the pundits think it was a red or even a yellow so probably a stonewall red.

SB

VAR seems to be being used in an inconsistent manner.
Ref has bottled that on 21:37 - Jun 25 with 1622 viewssparks

Ref has bottled that on 21:15 - Jun 25 by peterleeblue

VAR seems to be being used in an inconsistent manner.

I think the yellow was fair. He was over agressive and committed an off the ball foul- but it wasnt a deliberate cynical attack, nor a proper elbow. Yellow seems right.

The pen on the other hand was absurd- but we had similar for Australia as well. I wonder whether the refs have had some sort of guidance. I hope that the discussions through the earpieces are being recorded and will be available for review and checking.

The biggest problem is that there is no clear and obvious mechanism as to what is and isnt reviewed. if one thing is reviewed to the benefit of Team A, Team B are understandably livid when they think something has happened which doesnt get reviewed. Giving each team two appeals per match is the only way to deal with that and stop the nonsense.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Ref has bottled that on 21:48 - Jun 25 with 1594 viewsRadlett_blue

Ref has bottled that on 21:37 - Jun 25 by sparks

I think the yellow was fair. He was over agressive and committed an off the ball foul- but it wasnt a deliberate cynical attack, nor a proper elbow. Yellow seems right.

The pen on the other hand was absurd- but we had similar for Australia as well. I wonder whether the refs have had some sort of guidance. I hope that the discussions through the earpieces are being recorded and will be available for review and checking.

The biggest problem is that there is no clear and obvious mechanism as to what is and isnt reviewed. if one thing is reviewed to the benefit of Team A, Team B are understandably livid when they think something has happened which doesnt get reviewed. Giving each team two appeals per match is the only way to deal with that and stop the nonsense.

The problem with VAR has always been obvious. It's probably OK for things that are a matter of fact e.g. was a player offside, or was a foul committed inside or outside the penalty area. It was always going to be contentious for decisions that require interpretation e.g. was it a foul, was it a red card.
The real crime is the failure to use it to clamp down on the blatant play-acting, with players going down holding their faces after slight contact with their shoulder.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ref has bottled that on 21:53 - Jun 25 with 1571 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Should have been a yellow for the Iranian for backing into ronaldo, who then just shrugged him off
Ref has bottled that on 21:58 - Jun 25 with 1554 viewsTrequartista

Ref has bottled that on 21:48 - Jun 25 by Radlett_blue

The problem with VAR has always been obvious. It's probably OK for things that are a matter of fact e.g. was a player offside, or was a foul committed inside or outside the penalty area. It was always going to be contentious for decisions that require interpretation e.g. was it a foul, was it a red card.
The real crime is the failure to use it to clamp down on the blatant play-acting, with players going down holding their faces after slight contact with their shoulder.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024