Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quality 00:20 - Aug 15 with 508 viewsnshearman1

I like a lot of what Hurst says and am pleased he's been so frank about the players. But, to be honest, work-rate and fitness are not really the key aspect of the problem. The key aspect is quality. Chalobah and Edun were the two quality players who stood out today, even though they faded in the second half, and Edun's superb run led to our goal. We had four lower league players in the team tonight and it showed. No-one, including Nolan, could deliver a defence-splitting pass. Which is why his thinking about possibly sending the likes of Dozzell on loan really worries me. And of the strikers I've seen so far, Morris, albeit in a brief period, has been the most impressive. Hurst has spent his time in the lower leagues where work-rate and fitness can count for a lot. But going forward, having lost two top-quality players, he's going to need to look for that quality elsewhere. Loans are a short-term fix, making our brighter youngsters fit and strong and playing them is likely to yield better results for the club long-term. We need quality, not quantity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024