Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So fast forward 2 months 09:52 - Sep 23 with 1230 viewsMetal_Hacker

Apart from perhaps KVY but everyone is fit , we've got McGuinness as well

What's the proposed starting 11 ? To sit Woolfy and McGuinness together at the back would be exciting but would they get bullied ? Sat in front of those Downes and Dozzell ,would there be enough protection ? In front of those as it sits now for me it'd be Drinan wouldn't it ?

A very very young spine running through that team ? Could it work ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Looks good on paper.... on 09:57 - Sep 23 with 1202 viewsBloots

....but you're right it's frighteningly young!

I've got a completely unfounded sneaky feeling that Wolfy may be on his way out.

I hope I'm wrong.

If Shambert goes with Wolf and McG it's a brave move.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Looks good on paper.... on 10:00 - Sep 23 with 1198 viewsBlueBadger

Looks good on paper.... on 09:57 - Sep 23 by Bloots

I've got a completely unfounded sneaky feeling that Wolfy may be on his way out.

I hope I'm wrong.

He's probably going to stick with Wilson and Nsiala and keep both Woolf and McGuinness on the bench all season because 'I've learnt from my mistakes and you shouldn't keep changing the team'.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 10:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks good on paper.... on 10:17 - Sep 23 with 1133 viewsMetal_Hacker

I hope I'm wrong.

Why the feeling about Wolfy ?

Looks good on paper.... on 10:22 - Sep 23 with 1118 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope I'm wrong.

The back 3 down here at Swansea are 22, 20 and 20. And are starting to be recognised as amongst the division's best. So I suppose age isn't necessarily a problem. With Chambers on one side and Ward on the other we've still got the experience back there.

But I think you're right and there may be interest in him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mainly because I'm a miserable... on 10:22 - Sep 23 with 1113 viewsBloots

Looks good on paper.... on 10:17 - Sep 23 by Metal_Hacker

Why the feeling about Wolfy ?

....pessimist!

It just seems odd that McG is a very, very similar player in both style and age to Wolfy.

I'm probably over thinking it and it will be down to the injury issue.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mainly because I'm a miserable... on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 1107 viewsMetal_Hacker

Mainly because I'm a miserable... on 10:22 - Sep 23 by Bloots

....pessimist!

It just seems odd that McG is a very, very similar player in both style and age to Wolfy.

I'm probably over thinking it and it will be down to the injury issue.

Could always look at it from an optimist's prescriptive

Maybe PL is making a calculated decision that both will compliment each other

Either way I'm sure we'll find out very soon

Looks good on paper.... on 10:27 - Sep 23 with 1101 viewsMetal_Hacker

Looks good on paper.... on 10:22 - Sep 23 by Swansea_Blue

The back 3 down here at Swansea are 22, 20 and 20. And are starting to be recognised as amongst the division's best. So I suppose age isn't necessarily a problem. With Chambers on one side and Ward on the other we've still got the experience back there.

But I think you're right and there may be interest in him.

Yeah fair point with both Chambers and Ward alongside them...quite like the idea myself

So fast forward 2 months on 10:27 - Sep 23 with 1103 viewsdavblue

The new lad is 6'4 so hopefully not, he may lack some knowhow against some of the more experienced forwards.
Login to get fewer ads

So fast forward 2 months on 10:46 - Sep 23 with 1058 viewsCokeIsKey

I think a back 4 of Chambers-Woolf-Mcguiness-Ward would be one of the best in the league - Woolf and Mcguiness are both 6'4 so I doubt they would get bullied and Mcguiness has captained Arsenal's youth so along with Chambers and Ward our discipline and organisation could be quite good.

Combine the technical quality of Woolf and Mcguiness with KVY bursting down the right flank and our backline could massively help our attack in breaking break down those pesky teams that set up to defend. Looking forward to seeing it in action COYB!

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

So fast forward 2 months on 10:48 - Sep 23 with 1057 viewsStokieBlue

Watching McGuiness the other week I think there is very little chance him and Wolfie would be bullied.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So fast forward 2 months on 10:53 - Sep 23 with 1027 viewsMetal_Hacker

So fast forward 2 months on 10:48 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

Watching McGuiness the other week I think there is very little chance him and Wolfie would be bullied.

SB

Here's hoping then Wolfy isn't on his travels as a few speculate

Didn't get to see the Arsenal game but from what I've seen from the highlights it could be quite exciting .....in a few months

Looks good on paper.... on 11:04 - Sep 23 with 993 viewspointofblue

Looks good on paper.... on 10:00 - Sep 23 by BlueBadger

He's probably going to stick with Wilson and Nsiala and keep both Woolf and McGuinness on the bench all season because 'I've learnt from my mistakes and you shouldn't keep changing the team'.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 10:07]

To be fair, if we’re winning then why should he change a winning team, unless it’s by 4-3 each game and the defence is making horrendous mistakes which prevents us from ring victorious by a bigger margin. Just like Downes, Woolfenden (who I fear is either being lined up to be sold or has a long term injury) and McGuinness will have to be patient and take advantage of any chances given, as Nolan has.

I’d just be glad if the League One season is still going in two months - I have a feeling it’s going to be cancelled due to the lack of testing.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So fast forward 2 months on 11:20 - Sep 23 with 949 viewsThatMuhrenCross

You’re right that they’re young.

However, in Woolfenden, McGuinness, Downes and Dozzell, you have got four players who quite frankly are far, far to good for League One. It would be no surprise to me at all if in five years time they’re all Premier League regulars with potentially even a few England caps between them.

I think ultimately you want to play with your best XI and if Lambert seems them as being among our best players, age should be no issue. There is plenty of experience in the squad to surround them with in the likes of Ward, Chambers, Nsiala, Skuse, Sears, Judge and Norwood to name just a few.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

So fast forward 2 months on 11:49 - Sep 23 with 916 viewsMetal_Hacker

So fast forward 2 months on 11:20 - Sep 23 by ThatMuhrenCross

You’re right that they’re young.

However, in Woolfenden, McGuinness, Downes and Dozzell, you have got four players who quite frankly are far, far to good for League One. It would be no surprise to me at all if in five years time they’re all Premier League regulars with potentially even a few England caps between them.

I think ultimately you want to play with your best XI and if Lambert seems them as being among our best players, age should be no issue. There is plenty of experience in the squad to surround them with in the likes of Ward, Chambers, Nsiala, Skuse, Sears, Judge and Norwood to name just a few.

Could be quite exciting looking ahead

With the players you've mentioned combined with KVY and the likes of Lankester's mobility it really could be exciting

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024