Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is going on? 11:12 - Oct 24 with 3588 viewsBluesquid

Books are needed more than ever in these times.

Is this really about a virus?

Is this even legal?

What is going on? on 13:36 - Oct 25 with 433 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 13:07 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

It's a range of estimates, that's how science works in regards to these things. Any one number is also going to be an estimate.

You once again return to petty semantics when directly challenged with evidence that counters your point.

I've made my point - enjoy the rest of your days trolling.

SB

Yes but why is it on this forum that it is always your linked estimates that are sound as you boldly claim The Times 30% report is false.

Anyway i'll leave you to ponder over all these cases that we have, cases based on a test that can not even guarantee to be even suitable for the purpose of detecting Covid-19 and that tells you all you need to know, let alone the questions regarding the tests reliability, effectiveness and accuracy.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 13:37]
What is going on? on 13:43 - Oct 25 with 428 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 12:39 - Oct 25 by WestStanderLaLaLa

So you agree it’s not 90% or 30% then. Glad we got that sorted.

"The UK operational false positive rate is unknown."

Which means 90% or 30% is still POSSIBLE.

Glad you've got your head round that.
What is going on? on 13:54 - Oct 25 with 422 viewsStokieBlue

What is going on? on 13:43 - Oct 25 by Bluesquid

"The UK operational false positive rate is unknown."

Which means 90% or 30% is still POSSIBLE.

Glad you've got your head round that.

This is really poor stuff. By your own logic 0% is possible and thus the test is flawless. That is obviously incorrect but it's just as correct as you citing non-scientific sources and saying "it's possible".

Why are you ignoring the scientists estimates based on knowledge and instead going with some poor quotes from Boris and Raab and an article written by a journalist?

Everyone can see it's cherry-picking so you might as well stop repeating yourself.

SB

Edit: I can't find that quote in the Lancet article or the full fact one - where are you citing it from?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 13:56]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What is going on? on 14:05 - Oct 25 with 410 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 13:54 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

This is really poor stuff. By your own logic 0% is possible and thus the test is flawless. That is obviously incorrect but it's just as correct as you citing non-scientific sources and saying "it's possible".

Why are you ignoring the scientists estimates based on knowledge and instead going with some poor quotes from Boris and Raab and an article written by a journalist?

Everyone can see it's cherry-picking so you might as well stop repeating yourself.

SB

Edit: I can't find that quote in the Lancet article or the full fact one - where are you citing it from?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 13:56]

As i said i think we've all had just about enough of estimates and modelling which has got us into this mess.

Just look at Prof Neil Ferguson who has been wrong with just about every piece of modelling and estimation he has been involved in, it's absolutely disgraceful that he still gets media airtime.

"Edit: I can't find that quote in the Lancet article or the full fact one - where are you citing it from? "

5th paragraph.
What is going on? on 14:10 - Oct 25 with 408 viewsJ2BLUE

What is going on? on 15:46 - Oct 24 by Harry_Palmer

Oh dear, spoken like a true BBC news watcher.

It is feck all to do with protecting the NHS. Admissions rise every Autumn / winter and we have run out of beds previously with people in corridors. We did not lock people in their homes or order the close down of small businesses.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 15:52]

Ahh a shot at the mainstream media!

If only everyone was intelligent enough to see the truth like you eh?

Do you really think the economy obsessed western world with the rich obsessed Tory party in power really wants to shut down masses of the economy? They consider the job of the plebs to be to work for less than you're worth and to be as materialistic as possible to keep buying expensive stuff you don't need to enrich the people at the top.

It makes zero sense for this to be some kind of conspiracy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is going on? on 14:22 - Oct 25 with 400 viewsStokieBlue

What is going on? on 14:05 - Oct 25 by Bluesquid

As i said i think we've all had just about enough of estimates and modelling which has got us into this mess.

Just look at Prof Neil Ferguson who has been wrong with just about every piece of modelling and estimation he has been involved in, it's absolutely disgraceful that he still gets media airtime.

"Edit: I can't find that quote in the Lancet article or the full fact one - where are you citing it from? "

5th paragraph.

Your posts in this thread are a veritable collection of logical fallacies.

Just because you believe one scientist may have been mistake in the modelling (which is certainly worthy of debate) it doesn't mean all scientists are mistaken in their modelling or estimates.

So I was right on the quote - you picked the bit you needed and ignored the more important bit:

The current rate of operational false-positive swab tests in the UK is unknown; preliminary estimates show it could be somewhere between 0·8% and 4·0%.

You intentionally left that bit out as it counters your other percentages you posted. It's really awful stuff and is essentially disinformation. I hope nobody is taken in by your posts and acts in a way they shouldn't based on them.

Shameful stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What is going on? on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 396 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 14:10 - Oct 25 by J2BLUE

Ahh a shot at the mainstream media!

If only everyone was intelligent enough to see the truth like you eh?

Do you really think the economy obsessed western world with the rich obsessed Tory party in power really wants to shut down masses of the economy? They consider the job of the plebs to be to work for less than you're worth and to be as materialistic as possible to keep buying expensive stuff you don't need to enrich the people at the top.

It makes zero sense for this to be some kind of conspiracy.

Shutting down the economy doesn't really affect them though does it and it could be a hell of a lot of money for some of the rich obsessed Tory party to receive per pleb for tracking apps, testing and frequent vaccines.
What is going on? on 14:27 - Oct 25 with 396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What is going on? on 13:01 - Oct 25 by Bluesquid

More estimates?

lol, it's estimates that have got us into this mess we all find ourselves now.

Think we have all had just about enough of estimations and modelling.

"There are no published studies" means no published studies.

We could on the other hand all just IMAGINE how thing's may turn out...

You clearly do not understand science despite your insistence in using statistics some of which do come from scientific sources.

It is perfectly possible to have estimates of figures from scientific data without having a fully published study with a final figure (which would still have a degree of uncertainty attached to it).

You have repeatedly thrown in clearly wrong figures and then refuse to accept the scientific ones quoted. It is difficult to tell whether you are trolling or simply scientifically illiterate. However, I would suggest you stop commenting on things you clearly cannot understand.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

What is going on? on 14:33 - Oct 25 with 389 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 14:22 - Oct 25 by StokieBlue

Your posts in this thread are a veritable collection of logical fallacies.

Just because you believe one scientist may have been mistake in the modelling (which is certainly worthy of debate) it doesn't mean all scientists are mistaken in their modelling or estimates.

So I was right on the quote - you picked the bit you needed and ignored the more important bit:

The current rate of operational false-positive swab tests in the UK is unknown; preliminary estimates show it could be somewhere between 0·8% and 4·0%.

You intentionally left that bit out as it counters your other percentages you posted. It's really awful stuff and is essentially disinformation. I hope nobody is taken in by your posts and acts in a way they shouldn't based on them.

Shameful stuff.

SB

You mentioned that on page 2 and we've already gone through it.

Estimates, remember?

"The UK operational false positive rate is unknown. There are no published studies on the operational false positive rate of any national COVID-19 testing programme."
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 14:34]
What is going on? on 14:41 - Oct 25 with 379 viewsBluesquid

What is going on? on 14:27 - Oct 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

You clearly do not understand science despite your insistence in using statistics some of which do come from scientific sources.

It is perfectly possible to have estimates of figures from scientific data without having a fully published study with a final figure (which would still have a degree of uncertainty attached to it).

You have repeatedly thrown in clearly wrong figures and then refuse to accept the scientific ones quoted. It is difficult to tell whether you are trolling or simply scientifically illiterate. However, I would suggest you stop commenting on things you clearly cannot understand.

Well considering (after your up vote for Dan) a few days ago which implies that you failed to understand and grasp how the NHS deals with double counting in a 7-day period i think it is you that should refrain from commenting.
What is going on? on 15:04 - Oct 25 with 362 viewsMonkeyAlan

What is going on? on 15:39 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

It's not about small businesses, it's about stopping people making journeys that aren't really required. If there are not fridges or books on sale then people won't make trips to look at them which really aren't needed. Books can of course be sourced in many other ways.

Once again, you can't take survival rate as the only thing you are considering, it's a function of survival rate and infectiousness but you seem to ignore the second part. The CDC are saying the excess deaths in the US are around 320,000 and that's with measures in place.

Unless you can provide evidence, repeatedly saying the actions undertaken have nothing to do with the virus is meaningless.

Show the evidence, not just conspiratorial conjecture, nearly all countries would need to be in on this alleged "civil liberties grab" given they are following the same course.

SB

What if your fridge packs up? Washing machine, cooker. Makes them essential surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024