Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again 07:02 - Jun 29 with 8504 viewsElderGrizzly

Utter scum. Whoever is in charge of police protection for officials should be ashamed.

Witty has been made a target by the CRG and various lockdown and Covid sceptics and this assault shouldn’t be allowed.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:52 - Jun 29 with 1850 viewsTractorCam

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:16 - Jun 29 by SouperJim

I'm sure it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience for him, but it's not like he was given a kicking is it. Hardly newsworthy in my humble opinion.

The guys recorded it posted it online, they wanted the attention and now they have got it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:54 - Jun 29 with 1849 viewsMerseyBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:09 - Jun 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Assault?! LOL

Yes, they were over the top and shouldn't have put their arm around him, but its hardly assault.

Media being media again.

It is common assault though. They used force to cause some degree of personal contact which could reasonably lead to injury. They had hold of the man against his will without his consent and caused him to have to forcibly remove himself.

On a sliding scale of assaults, it isn't particularly severe, but it is still common assault. I don't know if you are a parent or a spouse, but if your children or spouse were in Whitty's position, would you be happy to just let that slide?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 1842 viewsSouperJim

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:52 - Jun 29 by TractorCam

The guys recorded it posted it online, they wanted the attention and now they have got it.

They were probably too dull to consider the fallout. Their thought process likely went as far as "waheyyy chris witty".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:19 - Jun 29 with 1776 viewsbluelagos

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:54 - Jun 29 by MerseyBlue

It is common assault though. They used force to cause some degree of personal contact which could reasonably lead to injury. They had hold of the man against his will without his consent and caused him to have to forcibly remove himself.

On a sliding scale of assaults, it isn't particularly severe, but it is still common assault. I don't know if you are a parent or a spouse, but if your children or spouse were in Whitty's position, would you be happy to just let that slide?

" if your children or spouse were in Whitty's position, would you be happy to just let that slide? "

I would yes. I would explain (to a child) that sometimes people have too much to drink and can be a pain in the bum. It happens. If you think it is something for the police to get involved in, I'd suggest that they have better ways to be spending their time tbh.

I presume all those upset at the "assault" never go to a busy pub on a weekend for fear of someone putting their arm round them?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:23 - Jun 29 with 1764 viewssolomon

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:08 - Jun 29 by 26_Paz

The first one was a child making some stupid remarks, can kind of laugh that one off. This one is grown men though and looks more intimidating. Ridiculous behaviour.

A stark reminder why some people shouldn’t be let outside let alone have access to alcohol.

He’s a gentle soul is Chris, a national treasure, theres no better example of a decent human being.Watching that I feel for him , it’s not on.
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:33 - Jun 29 with 1749 viewsMerseyBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:19 - Jun 29 by bluelagos

" if your children or spouse were in Whitty's position, would you be happy to just let that slide? "

I would yes. I would explain (to a child) that sometimes people have too much to drink and can be a pain in the bum. It happens. If you think it is something for the police to get involved in, I'd suggest that they have better ways to be spending their time tbh.

I presume all those upset at the "assault" never go to a busy pub on a weekend for fear of someone putting their arm round them?

You can underplay the video all you like, but two strangers accosting a man in the street and holding him against his will is a bit different to what you've described.

Is it too much to ask for a man minding his own business, walking down a street to not be grabbed hold of by two lowlife and have a camera shoved in his face?

If you don't understand the legal definition of assault, just say so. What you deem acceptable for yourself in a busy pub, and what happened to Whitty are vastly different.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:38 - Jun 29 with 1738 viewsnoggin

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:33 - Jun 29 by MerseyBlue

You can underplay the video all you like, but two strangers accosting a man in the street and holding him against his will is a bit different to what you've described.

Is it too much to ask for a man minding his own business, walking down a street to not be grabbed hold of by two lowlife and have a camera shoved in his face?

If you don't understand the legal definition of assault, just say so. What you deem acceptable for yourself in a busy pub, and what happened to Whitty are vastly different.

If the story is lack of close protection for MPs, fair enough. If the story is the actual harassment, I don't see the need for such outrage.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:41 - Jun 29 with 1732 viewswkj

Although two very different offenses, a similar scenario.

If a young girl was wearing a skimpy dress at the club, and she gets groped by some fellas - do we blame the girl for her dress, or accept the fella's committed assault?

I think anyone who is physically restrained against their will has the right to be taken seriously by the police if they submit a complaint about assault.

The change in the behavior absolutely must be on the shoulders of those who think this is okay, rather than those who choose to report it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:44 - Jun 29 with 1727 viewsMerseyBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:38 - Jun 29 by noggin

If the story is lack of close protection for MPs, fair enough. If the story is the actual harassment, I don't see the need for such outrage.

The man has been assaulted. Whether or not it fits in with anyone on here's assessment of what constitutes assault, based on being double 'ard, it is legally speaking, common assault. The first part of your comment is equally important too, it's pretty concerning that a public figure that should have a security detail can just be accosted by two yobs (and that people excuse their behaviour on account of drink having been taken). On this occasion, things didn't end badly, but people should remember that an MP was shot and stabbed to death just over 5 years ago in this 'green and pleasant land'. As Chief Medical Officer during a pandemic that has caused a lot of division, he's at just as much risk as any MP.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 1714 viewsnoggin

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:44 - Jun 29 by MerseyBlue

The man has been assaulted. Whether or not it fits in with anyone on here's assessment of what constitutes assault, based on being double 'ard, it is legally speaking, common assault. The first part of your comment is equally important too, it's pretty concerning that a public figure that should have a security detail can just be accosted by two yobs (and that people excuse their behaviour on account of drink having been taken). On this occasion, things didn't end badly, but people should remember that an MP was shot and stabbed to death just over 5 years ago in this 'green and pleasant land'. As Chief Medical Officer during a pandemic that has caused a lot of division, he's at just as much risk as any MP.

Yes, technically he has been assaulted, I just don't think it warrants headline news.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 1711 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd rip their fookin heads off their necks.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:56 - Jun 29 with 1689 viewsIllinoisblue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:09 - Jun 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Assault?! LOL

Yes, they were over the top and shouldn't have put their arm around him, but its hardly assault.

Media being media again.

It’s assault. Wake yourself up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:00 - Jun 29 with 1677 viewsMerseyBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 11:47 - Jun 29 by noggin

Yes, technically he has been assaulted, I just don't think it warrants headline news.

'Technical' assault of a public official sounds like headline news to me. What I would say is that emergency service workers, nurses, doctors, social workers, public transport workers are assaulted, harassed and generally disrespected every day as well. Minor or otherwise, nobody that is doing a service for the public good, nobody at all in fact, should have to experience that and worse still, see the perpetrator be defended. It really isn't that hard to handle your drink/drugs and treat other people with a bit of respect.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:05 - Jun 29 with 1664 viewsnoggin

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:00 - Jun 29 by MerseyBlue

'Technical' assault of a public official sounds like headline news to me. What I would say is that emergency service workers, nurses, doctors, social workers, public transport workers are assaulted, harassed and generally disrespected every day as well. Minor or otherwise, nobody that is doing a service for the public good, nobody at all in fact, should have to experience that and worse still, see the perpetrator be defended. It really isn't that hard to handle your drink/drugs and treat other people with a bit of respect.

I agree with you. I have seen, and experienced, much nastier assaults on nurses, paramedics, police officers, and it never even made the local news. In fact most cases don't even get as far as an arrest.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:11 - Jun 29 with 1646 viewswkj

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:05 - Jun 29 by noggin

I agree with you. I have seen, and experienced, much nastier assaults on nurses, paramedics, police officers, and it never even made the local news. In fact most cases don't even get as far as an arrest.

I agree - though I would rather see the level of care raised for those with less notoriety than the level of care lowered for those with notoriety.

It's not right, but much like with the #MeToo movement, the exposure to high-profile incidents can often lead to those with a lesser profile being taken more seriously too.

Crybaby

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:13 - Jun 29 with 1633 viewsRyorry

Awful, poor man.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 12:15]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:17 - Jun 29 with 1616 viewsnoggin

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:11 - Jun 29 by wkj

I agree - though I would rather see the level of care raised for those with less notoriety than the level of care lowered for those with notoriety.

It's not right, but much like with the #MeToo movement, the exposure to high-profile incidents can often lead to those with a lesser profile being taken more seriously too.

If I was working (paramedic) and this incident happened to me, there is no way the police would take any action. In fact, if I react and tell them to FO, I might expect a talking to from my boss, regarding my conduct.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 12:25 - Jun 29 with 1598 viewsMerseyBlue

I completely empathise with that. When I worked for 111 briefly during the pandemic, the abuse that came our way was ridiculous. Mental health was a massive issue throughout the call centre and a lot of people left because they couldn't take it anymore. That was 'just' verbal abuse, which admittedly can be pretty horrific, and there wasn't a lot that could organisationally be done about it because you are often offering an emergency service. I have friends who work in the police, the fire brigade, health care and some of the things that get swept under the carpet are disgusting. There isn't enough support for people that make a genuine contribution to this country, and that's why it's important to stand up to what might seem like a minor transgression in the grand scheme of things. It's a cliché I learned as a trainee salesman in a former life, but nothing changes if nothing changes.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 15:53 - Jun 29 with 1529 viewsbluelagos

Which is the point. A bit of perspective here would be handy.

Couple of drunk idiot put arm round CW for a selfie - and people are labeling it as an assault and queuing up for the usual social media pile on.

Meanwhile, far worse happens every day and nothing much happens. The stuff coming out of Batley and Spen sounds 10 times worse. But people are worried about this?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 16:00 - Jun 29 with 1514 viewswkj

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 15:53 - Jun 29 by bluelagos

Couple of drunk idiot put arm round CW for a selfie - and people are labeling it as an assault and queuing up for the usual social media pile on.

Meanwhile, far worse happens every day and nothing much happens. The stuff coming out of Batley and Spen sounds 10 times worse. But people are worried about this?

Again, it is more than just putting their arms round CW for a selfie-

And yes, if a video came out with an older gentlemen/woman also going through the same - my standpoint would be the same. That kind of behavior is unacceptable - especially considering social distancing measures are still in place.

Crybaby

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 16:08 - Jun 29 with 1496 viewsMerseyBlue

I think we've all illustrated a bit of perspective. In the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse. That doesn't mean it isn't important, that doesn't mean it isn't assault, that doesn't mean that it should be excused as a couple of lads just messing about. It's scummy behaviour, and there isn't any defence for it.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 16:24 - Jun 29 with 1472 viewsjeera

Dunno about upset, or assault.

But what this epitomises to me is how we have been accustomed to disrespectful behaviour like this. How can anyone think it's acceptable to approach stranger like that is beyond me. They've seen him on the TV and seem to think they know him or at least that he is public property.

No, it's unwanted attention whichever way we look at it.

Pair of tw@ts. Still they've been shamed and are probably feeling a bit stupid. No need to look to do any more damage to them. They've managed that themselves and let's face it are unlikely to do it again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:50 - Jun 30 with 1415 viewsJammyDodgerrr

What an absurd post.

I will not be telling my kids that it's alright to expect some drunk randomer in the street to put you in a headlock and film you directly and i just can't believe people think this is OK, let alone also try and defend it and say it would be OK if it happened to a child too!
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 9:53]

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 13:19 - Jun 30 with 1370 viewsbluelagos

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:50 - Jun 30 by JammyDodgerrr

What an absurd post.

I will not be telling my kids that it's alright to expect some drunk randomer in the street to put you in a headlock and film you directly and i just can't believe people think this is OK, let alone also try and defend it and say it would be OK if it happened to a child too!
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 9:53]

I haven't defended or said it was ok. Challenge what I said by all means, but making stuff up doesn't wash tbh.

But if you wish to get all frothy mouthed when you encounter a drunk idiot that is fine. I just choose not to. Much like Chris Whitty who described it as "schoool ground behaviour"

Or the 2 police officers who spoke to the guys and had "robust words" and sent the idiots on their way rather than arresting them or charging them over something that they didn't see as serious.

I'll happily leave you and others to the social media lynching.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 13:36 - Jun 30 with 1349 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Blue Lagos - always the same in here. Many snowflakes

Gus Uhlenbeek

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024