Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight 13:08 - Sep 30 with 3995 viewskizaitfc

Great for him getting POTM, and fully deserved after his passing ability in the opening games.

But if he is to really make it as a player I just feel he needs to look at the likes of Downes and toughen his game up a little.

Maybe I've watched too much of the Spurs doc with Jose telling his players to be b@stards, but for me Dozzell gets muscled off the ball too easily and can go missing in games.

Maybe I'm being harsh but he has a lot of potential and would be great to see him hit those levels we expected when he first came through

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 3969 viewsuefacup81

Based on last season I'd have agreed with you.

However, the way Andre has come out of the traps this season suggests (to me, at least) that if he can keep up this level of performance and his application within matches, what he perhaps loses through any lack of strength, he more than makes up for in skill and technical ability.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 3963 viewsMetal_Hacker

Did you see THAT tackle against Rovers at home I think it was .....jeeez

Poll: If it were one or the other

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 3926 viewsmonty_radio

I think it's maybe highlighted by the deep-lying position he plays which calls for a stronger tackling ability than if he were operating as, say, a 10. He'd certainly have been made aware of the requirement to get stuck in, and there is definitely a bit more of that showing in his game now, but probably needs to be more if he is to dispel that query hanging over him that has thus far made him droppable if his passing game falls short. It helps that there is now a team and a pattern to play to.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:22 - Sep 30 with 3922 viewsSomethingBlue

He'll need a hand in some games (Downes staying would help) but there are signs he is toughening up and getting more adept with his defensive anticipation.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:25 - Sep 30 with 3904 viewsStokieBlue

Messi is a right bruiser.

Obviously not a realistic comparison but it's very 1990's to say that someone needs to be big to play in the English game.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:28 - Sep 30 with 3896 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Hes definitely bulked up from last season. I think he said in an interview that he'd been working on that over lockdown. Hes been involved in a few good 50//50 tackles so far so think that part of his game is definitely improving!
Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:32 - Sep 30 with 3882 viewsSteve_M

2018 called, it wants it's talking point back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:46 - Sep 30 with 3823 viewsmonty_radio

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:32 - Sep 30 by Steve_M

2018 called, it wants it's talking point back.

Premature to bring down the gavel when Andre himself acknowledges he's working on the issue.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:47 - Sep 30 with 3812 viewsStokieBlue

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:46 - Sep 30 by monty_radio

Premature to bring down the gavel when Andre himself acknowledges he's working on the issue.

Is it an issue?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 3783 viewsJakeITFC

Be interesting to see what happens when he come up against this season's version of Rotherham. That game at PR last year was the beginning of the end for us as we were thoroughly outfought and outthought. I'd hope that we are a bit more streetwise and assured in our play this season, but a team like that is often a litmus test for us.
Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:56 - Sep 30 with 3767 viewsMetal_Hacker

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:51 - Sep 30 by JakeITFC

Be interesting to see what happens when he come up against this season's version of Rotherham. That game at PR last year was the beginning of the end for us as we were thoroughly outfought and outthought. I'd hope that we are a bit more streetwise and assured in our play this season, but a team like that is often a litmus test for us.

Not really any big hitters in the Liverpool line up I suppose...Henderson maybe but for the most they play their way around those issues

Different standard agreed but different standard of opposition also

Poll: If it were one or the other

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:01 - Sep 30 with 3744 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not just you, no. It's been the main concern since he came through. Having said that, I don't recall it being an issue this year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:18 - Sep 30 with 3692 viewshype313

To be fair, he could have done with a loan a few years ago when we were in the Championship, and I have no doubts we would have sent him out, but for injuries.

But looking at him, he isn't bruiser, his game isn't about that, look at lots of clubs they tend to have a playmaker and an enforcer, he sits in the former and does very well, this season will help no end too.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 16:10]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:23 - Sep 30 with 3672 viewsgordon

Here's some more you could do:

Lankester - is he a bit weak in the air?
Downes - does he have the killer pass?
Drinan - does he have enough of a poacher's instinct?
Woolfenden - does he score enough from corners?
El Mizouni - is he a bit too keen to b*gger off to Cambridge?
Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 3617 viewsjayessess

I think he's looked fine this season. Can't recall him getting muscled off the ball too often, nor brushed past defensively.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:38 - Sep 30 with 3599 viewsGarv

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 13:56 - Sep 30 by Metal_Hacker

Not really any big hitters in the Liverpool line up I suppose...Henderson maybe but for the most they play their way around those issues

Different standard agreed but different standard of opposition also

They've got physicality all over the pitch though. The strength of someone like Mane, for example, is incredible considering his limited height. Robertson is a horrible gnarly player too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 16:08 - Sep 30 with 3456 viewsPendejo

The way you've typed his name is... it's missing a "l"

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 16:19 - Sep 30 with 3424 viewsBloomBlue

It never stopped Messi
Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 16:43 - Sep 30 with 3379 viewsNthQldITFC

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 14:23 - Sep 30 by gordon

Here's some more you could do:

Lankester - is he a bit weak in the air?
Downes - does he have the killer pass?
Drinan - does he have enough of a poacher's instinct?
Woolfenden - does he score enough from corners?
El Mizouni - is he a bit too keen to b*gger off to Cambridge?

Harbey - ...oh sorry, can't think of any.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 17:40 - Sep 30 with 3297 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dozzel - Is it just me that thinks he a little lightweight on 16:19 - Sep 30 by BloomBlue

It never stopped Messi

Messi is an aggressive little sod though. A real terrier. And super strong/balanced on the ball.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024